Three

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 3⚜

Xiumin’s POV

I was looking through the paperwork that have to be done by tonight and submitted to the elders tomorrow. I heard the door open and close. “She’s Jiyeon?” I asked, not looking up from my paper. I’ve heard about what happened earlier but I was in a meeting with the other packs so I didn’t have time to intervene or whatsoever. So I decided to let the leaders do what's needed to be done.

I stopped what I was doing when I sniffed something alluring. It’s a mix of fruit and vanilla. My wolf started howling in delight and I looked up from my paper. I saw her shocked reaction and unconsciously, I muttered out, “Mate.” I saw her mouthed the same word I muttered.

“I’ll….take my leave now.” D.O. said, sounding awkward but I didn’t care about him, as I look at my new found mate, my heart beating faster and my wolf inside me howling in content. I smiled and walked towards her slowly.

“I’m Kim Minseok, but you can call me Xiumin. I’m the Alpha of this pack, and your mate.” I introduced myself. She looked rather stunned, and I could see a little fear in her eyes as she stepped back from me.

My wolf whimpered at what she did, and my heart broke a little. I was hurt by that slight movement that she did. Consciously or not, it still hurts. She seemed panicked and slowly walked back but I held her right wrist, making her tense. Well, that wasn’t my intention. Right when I held her wrist, sparks ran through my entire body. Even though it was just a small touch, it obviously made a huge impact on my body.

“Are you… by chance… afraid of me?” I asked cautiously. Afraid that she would run away if I wasn’t being careful with my words and tone. I could see her gulp and she bit her lower lip.

“You are, aren’t you?” And my heart broke a little again. I gave her a small smile and said, “Alright. I understand. I’ll go back to you after I finish my work. Hopefully you’d be more comfortable by then. See you later, Jiyeon-ah…” Jiyeon gave a curt nod before leaving the office, leaving me hurt.

Why does it feel like we just got rejected? My wolf let out a whimper. I let out a sigh and ran my hand through my hair. I’ll just finish my work first before finding Jiyeon. I heard a knock on my door just when I sat down. I looked up and saw Lay, with Baekhyun and Junyeong.

“So… We heard that you’re Jiyeon’s mate…” Baekhyun commented, wiggling his eyebrows at me and he just earned himself a growl from me.

“Shut it.” I snapped in annoyance. 

“Well, I see it didn’t went well.” Baekhyun snorted and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Jiyeon can’t talk.” Lay suddenly said making me crease my eyebrows in confusion. “What?”

“She can’t talk. She’s a mute.” Lay elaborated and my jaw drop. “And I suspect that it’s because of the trauma she had. It could be caused by either the accident or how she was treated in her previous pack, seeing how she became rogue. She’s suicidal as well.” Lay continued, straight to the point as always. I was speechless.

My heart clenched as I heard that and my wolf whimpered even more. “Suicidal?” I managed to mutter out.

“We saw scars on her wrist. It was cut by a silver knife, and you know that silver slows our healing process. It doesn’t heal fully as well.” Lay said.

“I think that it has to do with the pack that we were from.” It was Junyeong’s turn to speak. 

“How so?” I asked. I know their pack personally and I’m pretty sure that they’re pretty decent.

“I know Jiyeon. She was bright and cheerful as a kid. She doesn’t let anything get to her. She gets over things that makes her depressed or sad quickly. She was very optimistic. But seeing her like this now, hurts me. Xiumin, please, help her.” Junyeong plead, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

“It’s been 5 years Junyeong. You can’t expect her to be the same person.” I stated, as a matter of fact.

“I don’t expect her to be the same, but I didn’t expect her to be that miserable either.” Junyeong rebutted.

“Alright. I understand. You can take y-“ I was cut off by a sudden howl, goosebumps forming all over my body. “Jiyeon…” Junyeong mutter under her breath and I heard.

I immediately stood up and ran out of the pack house, with the others trailing behind me. Please be okay, Jiyeon-ah…

 

Jiyeon’s POV

After I was dismissed from his office, I ran. I ran out of the pack house, receiving looks from the others but I didn’t care. The last thing I saw was etched in my mind. The hurt and confusion that was on his face. My heart was pounding against my chest and before I even realized it, I had already shifted.

My wolf running. Millions of thoughts running in my head. When he approached me, the image of Ken appe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter