Twenty-Five

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

I was patrolling around the border when I got a whiff of a familiar scent. A scent that I was all too familiar with since he laid a hand on my mate. Do you smell that? I asked Kai through the mind link. Kai nodded and both of us followed that scent. With us being in our wolf forms, we have both advance senses and speed so it didn’t take long for me to not only pick up his scent, but Junyeong’s scent as well. It made me panic.

I picked up Junyeong’s scent as well. Kai’s voice rang in my head as I pushed myself further, trying to follow the scent before it disappears on us.

Junyeong. I called out to her through our mind link but I received no reply. Instead, I felt something blocking the mind link between us.

Junyeong, please answer me. I begged but it was futile. I pushed myself even further, not caring about the barks that Kai was giving to stop me from leaving the territory. If we leave the territory, we would be exposed to all dangers but that was the least of my worries. Junyeong was in trouble.

I was about to pass the borders when Kai leaped above me, landing swiftly in front of me, growling. Calm your head down hyung. You being reckless won’t make things better. We have to report this to Xiumin hyung. Then we’ll wait for his instructions. Kai said and I let out a threatening growl, telling him to move out of the way before I force him to. It’s my mate and I wasn't going to let her get kidnap like this.

Hyung. If you do this, you’ll not only put yourself in danger, but the whole pack as well. I understand that you want to find Junyeong right away but think rationally. When have Xiumin hyung ever let us down before? Kai tried to reason with me as I restrained myself from pouncing on him. He made a point, but it’s my mate. I don’t want her to get hurt in anyway. And I knew that Ken was a psychopath. I was torn but I tried to think rationally.

I gave a reluctant nod and both of us ran back to the pack house as I mind link with Xiumin hyung, calling him out. I could help but panic at the thought of Junyeong being hurt right at this moment. I got an instant reply from him, asking, what's wrong? His worried voice rang in my head.

Junyeong is missing. I said as I tried to gather my thoughts together before continuing.

Not only that, but Ken’s scent is lingering around the territory. Right after I said that, he replied me, telling me that he'll be over in 15 mins. Both Kai and I entered the pack house after shifting into our human form and wearing our clothes. My panic state didn't seem to cease.

"Calm down Baekhyun. You pacing around the living room is honestly giving me a headache." Suho scolded me and I gave him a glare. Beta or not, he had no rights to tell me to calm down while my mate was missing. Gayoung told me that she saw Junyeong leaving the house. She questioned her where she was going but her question was left unanswered and she said that she just brushed it off thinking that Junyeong was just in a bad mood or she didn't hear her.

I might've kind of told her off and blamed her but I apologized since I realized that it wasn't her fault. Junyeong tend to have those mood swings and would leave the pack house to get some fresh air. But she would be back home by the time I finished patrolling or training. Her scent went beyond the boundary and it was mixed with Ken's scent, which explains why I was losing my mind. I can't lose my mate. No wolf should lose their mate. It hurts. Bernard -my wolf- had been whimpering and howling in fear of what could possibly happen to Junyeong.

The door slammed opened and in came Xiumin hyung together with Jiyeon, Chen and Lay hyung. "Explain." Xiumin hyung said, as soon as he entered the house.

“We caught Ken’s scent mixed with Junyeong’s and we followed it. It led us beyond the boundary and that’s where we decided to come back and tell you.” Kai said and Xiumin hyung just nodded.

I looked at Jiyeon who seemed relatively calm in this situation. How could she? It was her freaking sister and here she was, being calm about it. Not giving . “Why did you even bring her here? She hates Junyeong.” I asked, my tone filled with venom and I heard a growl emitting from Xiumin hyung. He gave me a warning look but I didn’t give in.

Junyeong have been feeling miserable ever since she met Jiyeon and not a day had gone by without her crying, asking me how to fix their relationship. It pained me to see her in that state.

And now, the last thing I wanted was to hear Jiyeon telling us not to worry and that Junyeong was okay. Jiyeon turned to look at me as I just glared at her. “You don’t seem all that worried about Junyeong’s disappearance. Or do you find the pleasure of thinking that Ken would treat her the same as you?” I snarled and before I knew it, I was being grabbed by my neck. I looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter