Nine

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]⚜Chapter 9⚜

[CONTENTID2]2 years later

Jiyeon’s POV

“Alpha, we’re going to have a pack meeting in 2 days.” My beta informed me. I looked up from my paperwork and gave him a nod. It’s been 2 years. 2 years since I last smiled. 2 years since I last saw my mate. 2 years since I saw my twin sister. 2 years since I officially took responsibility as an Alpha. And 2 years since I’ve murdered someone. I still couldn’t talk. Not without Mia taking over my body.

My beta, John, left my office and I just slump against the office chair. Pack meetings… It’s to maintain peace among the packs and establish new laws if needed. Not all packs are involved. Only those who were called by the elders goes for the pack meeting. I’ve told my pack members to keep me being an Alpha a secret from everyone. I do show up in pack meetings, but I don’t show my face.

I wear a mask to hide my face and let Mia take control during the meeting. She usually knows what’s best anyway. I walked to the window and looked outside, it’s in the middle of the night. And I still haven’t finished my paperwork. It’s a gibbous moon tonight. And there are plenty of stars on the sky. I could always feel the emptiness in my heart. And whenever I hear myself talk, I realized my voice changed. It sounded like a robot. No emotions.

I don’t get angry either. I’m all calm throughout the years. Even when there’s trouble, I manage to handle it without a problem. I undoubtedly became stronger as well. With all the fights I have to take part in because of rogues. We bring rogues in as well, but on very rare occasions. If they have a reason to go rogue, a very good reason, then I would accept them. Mia is on this too.

Mia… I feel bad for her. I always knew that she would whimper once in a while. Wanting to see Minseok. But she kept it to herself. She was trying not to hurt me, but instead, she’s hurting herself. I want to meet him again, but I didn’t. I didn’t want to associate with him anymore. That’s why I feel bad for Mia. I feel sorry for her. I’m keeping her away from our mate.

The pack members respected me. Fortunately. They’ve cleared their misconception of me and accepted me as their Alpha. They didn’t question any of my decisions and followed me. I let out a deep breath and went to my bedroom to rest.

2 days later.

John and I were walking towards the town hall, where the pack meetings are usually located at. I had my black mask on, only my eyes were seen, and Mia was in control of my body. “What is the topic of today’s meeting?” I asked John.

“The elders wanted to lay down all the problems that the rogues are causing, so that they’ll be able to come to a conclusion on how to deal with the rogues.” John said and I nodded.

They’re well aware of what I do to some rogues and they were against it. They thought that the rogues would cause a problem if they were to enter a pack after betraying their own. But so far, the rogues that I accepted in my pack are doing fine and they didn’t cause any problems for me.

Both of us were early and sat at the conference table. Some of the Alphas were already present and we gave our greetings as usual. I feel like something is going to happen later. Mia told me and I nodded in agreement. I feel unusually restless. Wolves, especially Alphas have a sharp sixth sense. And whenever I feel like something is going to happen, something does happen. Be it good or bad.

I felt myself tense when I smell something familiar. A scent that allures me in every possible way. No way… I muttered. And he entered the room, wearing a simple shirt and a pair of jeans. His beta walking beside him. “What’s wrong?” John whispered to me, concern filled his face. I just shook my head and turned my head elsewhere.

I could feel eyes looking at me and I turned to meet the very eyes that I was avoiding. I force Mia to pretend that she didn’t know him and just look at the elders who are entering the conference room. “Since everyone is here, we’ll start.” One of the Elder said and all of us nodded.

“Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. Please rise and state your opinion on this problem.” The elder said after the problem was laid. I knew he would asked me first since I accept rogues into my pack. Whereas the rest shuns them like they’re a disease. I stood up and looked at everyone in the room.

“I’m going to continue doing what I do. If I see them fit inside my pack, I’ll accept them into my pack. If they create problems, I’ll kill them. This problem have been here since centuries ago. No matter what you do, there’s bound to be someone who runs away from their pack. Not all pack members treat each other fairly we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter