Twenty-Two

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin’s POV

We were sitting at the dining table, waiting for Jiyeon and John to make their return from the basement. “What happened to between you and Jiyeon?” Joongki asked, looking at Junyeong and I shifted my attention to Junyeong as well, noticing that her mood wasn' tgetting any better even with Baekhyun beside her.

“Nothing happened.” Junyeong huffed, leaning against the backrest of the chair and looked at the lamb steak in front of her.

“The atmosphere in the kitchen was definitely not nothing.” I heard Chen muttered under his breath and Junyeong gave him a glare that made him pursed his lips while Baekhyun rested his arm on the backrest of her chair, looking at his mate worriedly.

“Junyeong. I’m not going to repeat my question twice.” Joongki scolded and Junyeong puffed up her cheeks, looking angered.

“I apologized for what happened in the afternoon but she totally blew me off calling it a pitiful apology. She might be the Alpha of Blue Moon and Luna of EXO but she has no rights to tell me that I’m the one acting like the pitiful victim and she’s the one acting like the evil sister. I’m trying to make amends for something that I didn’t even do but she’s just making it so hard for me.” Junyeong said, tears welling up in her eyes and my heart actually clenched for her. I knew how stubborn Jiyeon could get, I've even experienced it firsthand.

“She hates insincere apologies.” I heard someone said and turned to that person. John was entering the dining room and took both Jiyeon’s and his plates.

“You know that Alpha Jiyeon has been through a lot in her life but she didn’t let that affect her duty as an Alpha. She even gave second chances to those pack members that mocked her, and now, she got the respect that she earned. And for rights? I do believe that you don’t have the rights to assume that Jiyeon is making things hard for you.

In case you’ve forgotten, Jiyeon has always been the one to take your fall. When you did something wrong, Jiyeon covered it for you. When you fell, Jiyeon was the one who caught you. When you were in trouble, Jiyeon helped you, even if she knows she would get hurt in the process. But when Jiyeon was in trouble and in need of help, where were you? Jiyeon told me about the bond both of you had. You should’ve felt the pain that she went through even if it’s just a little. Now my question to you is, why didn’t you come to her aid Junyeong-ssi?”  John asked, looking emotionless as he looked at Junyeong who was taken aback and tears were rolling down her cheeks as I frowned.

What? Junyeong could feel Jiyeon’s pain? “I-I couldn’t feel her.” Junyeong stuttered and my frown deepened. She was lying.

“I’m sure you couldn’t. You focused more on your feelings for Baekhyun and ignore your feelings for your sister no matter how strong it was. You kept telling yourself that your sister was dead so you ignored the bond that only both of you have. Do you understand now Junyeong? Why have Jiyeon been treating you like a pack member than a sister? Because you treated her like she was dead when she needed help most. You should be honored that she even treated you like a pack member and not a stranger.” John said and Junyeong pursed her lips together at what John said.

Baekhyun was beside her, taken aback and I could tell that he knew nothing about it. We didn’t even know that Junyeong had a twin sister until Jiyeon showed up. She didn't talk much about her family, we only knew her family died in a car crash and that was it.

“Jiyeon wants to eat with the prisoners. Before all of you misunderstands her, she’s doing that because those damn prisoners won’t eat the food thinking that it was poisoned.” I stood up suddenly when John was about to leave the dining room, making him stop his tracks and looked at me.

“I’m going with you.” I told him and he nodded. “Sure.”

“Wow…” I heard Sehun mutter under his breath when I left the dining room with my own plate of lamb steak as well as the cutleries that was left on the table.

I could still smell the silver and wolfsbane in this basement but ignored the stench and followed John. I saw Jiyeon’s curious eyes on me and I just gave her a smile and sat beside her. “I’m not going to let my mate stay here without me. She let out a soft chuckle and my smile widened.

“Here. This was supposed to be both of ours but since you don’t want to eat your portion of food, we’ll take yours and you’ll take ours.” John said, placing each plate in front of the 2 rogues. One of them already healing tremendously. I didn’t expect Jiyeon to actually send someone to treat him, so when I found out, I was actually pretty shock and proud at the same time. Proud because this kind-hearted Alpha is my mate.

“Here’s the cutlery.” I said, handing both Jiyeon and John a fork and knife. 

Thanks. I heard Jiyeon’s voice in my head and I gave her a casual smile.

“Why are you guys doing this?” The rogue that had silver shoved down his throat asked, looking at both John and Jiyeon in suspicion making me look at Jiyeon but she had already started eating, ignoring the rogues in front of her.

“Thanks to the generosity of our Alpha, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter