Eleven

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 11⚜

Jiyeon’s POV

I was lying on my bed, staring into space when I heard a knock on the door. My head resting on my right arm, while my left arm was resting on my abdomen. I didn’t respond to it, knowing that it was John anyway. He entered the room and sat on the chair beside me bed. “So… I talked to him…” He started and I continued dazing into space. Half listening.

“I talked to him about you. Your likes and dislikes. Your nightmares and what you’d do when you have them…” He slowly said, trying to phrase it well so that I won’t be mad. I didn’t actually care what he told Minseok anyway. So I didn’t see why he did that.

“And he didn’t take it so well.” He ended off and I scoffed. Of course he didn’t. He doesn’t take anything well. “So… Are you planning on going back soon? You can just combine the pack.” John said. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow at him. He seemed to be the one deciding my next course of action, and I wasn't too pleased with it. No matter how close we were, I was still an Alpha. “You’ll die Jiyeon. I’m serious. Without a mate, you won’t be able to live through the pain.” He said, looking at me seriously.

I know. I mentally replied him as I continued looking back up the white ceiling. It was calming for some reason. The white ceiling looked pure, like an empty canvas waiting for it to be painted. And honestly, I wanted to be like that. Except, I wasn't an empty canvas anymore. I was already painted by a painter that didn't belong to this canvas. And admittedly, it was disgusting. “So you want to kill yourself along with your wolf?” He questioned. No. I simply replied. “2 years Alpha. It’s been 2 years. Whatever he did to you, I believe it must be worth that 2 years.” John said, standing up and left the room, leaving me with my own thoughts..

Worth that 2 years? I let out a sigh and sat up, bringing my knees up to my chest. Honestly, it was not worth those 2 years. He was just being his possessive self and was angered by what he assumed I did. That assumption broke me, but it wasn't worth the 2 years of emotional torture that I made both of us went through. I’ll be honest, I didn’t actually did a great job either. I hugged my knees together. I was angry at myself now. I’m sorry Minseok. I’m so sorry. I thought to myself as tears welled up. I let the tears fall freely. 

A week later

“Are you ready Alpha?” John sounded rather happy when I was the one who was meeting my mate after… Awhile…

I looked at my mirror reflection for the last time and let out a deep breath. This was it. I walked out of the pack house with John and we shifted to our wolves, before running to EXO territory.

I led us to the riverbank where I was first found by the leaders of the pack. Why are we here? John asked in my head as he stood beside me. I looked at my wolf reflection in the water. Because this is where they first found me. I replied, not looking at him. I lay down, still looking down at the water. The fishes swimming all around the place. John followed suit, but he was looking around to make sure we were safe.

I heard someone walking towards us and I stood up, John was on alert. I saw Junyeong, Baekhyun, Kai and D.O. walking out of from the forest, walking towards both me and John. “Jiyeon?” Baekhyun blinked, and Junyeong was smiling. “You’re here.” She said and I was confused. What? John seemed as confused as me.

Did you… by chance tell them that we were coming? I heard John asked me in my head and I looked at him. Okay, no it is… He replied to his own question and I mentally rolled my eyes at him. “And… This is John?” D.O. asked, and I frowned while John’s ears perked up. Did you tell them who I am? I heard John asked and I turned to look at him again. Seriously. Sometimes I think that he was just so dumb.

Fine. No it is then… It must be Alpha Xiumin then… John replied to his own question again. Annoyed, I raised my front left paw and pushed him into the water before leaping across the river and shifting back to my human form. After wearing my clothes, John was shaking to dry himself. He looked up at me and gave me that wolfy look that read out, ‘what the hell was that for?‘ His canines were shown as his eyes narrowed.

I rolled my eyes at him and looked up at the 4 who came to, ‘fetch’ us. I was pretty sure we came here without telling anyone, so how did they know?

I heard bones cracking, telling me that John was already shifting and I just waited for him to wear his clothes. He's soaked from head to toe, his clothes were too. His shirt hugging tightly on his body, showing off his well-defined muscles. But I'm not checking him out. I've seen him pretty much all the time when there was a weekly pack run, or hunting. This was not something to brag but, yes, you should know by now that when we shift from fur to skin, we would be . “I’m serious, what was that for? Now I'm all wet.” John complained, standing beside me. I let out a silent scoff and knocked his head. For your stupid questions. I mentally told him and he just looked at me in disbelief.

“But seriously, in front of them!? Are you trying to embarrass me?! It’s my first time here, I’d like to make a good first impression you know.” John said. You’re totally making a great impression right now. They’re right across the river and they can't hear what I'm saying. You're making yourself seem like you're talking to a wall. I replied, not looking at him but the 4 of them.

“Woah, both of you really are identical twins.” John whistled and I rolled my eyes at him when he suddenly jumped subjects. “But how do we go back to that side of the river?” John asked, looking at me. I tensed. Good question. I never knew this place well. I never had the chance anyway. I was barely outside when I was here. “You don’t know do you?” John face-palmed himself and I elbowed his side, making him groan in pain. He was making me feel stupid, and honestly, I felt stupid too. 

“Erm… I’m sorry to disturb but… you can just cross it using the rocks.” Junyeong said, pointing towards the rocks that led to the other side of the river, and she didn't sound too happy. What was her problem? I did what she said and waited for John. “Nice to see you again.” Baekhyun smiled and I just nodded. “You must be her Beta. John right?” Baekhyun looked at Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter