Ten

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 10⚜

Jiyeon’s POV

I threw myself onto the bed after I reached my pack house. Minseok’s pained face flashing in my head and Mia was in pain. I knew that I was being selfish. I was killing myself slowly as well. Mates were not supposed to be apart. When they were, their heart would feel like it had been stabbed repeatedly. It hurts. It’s like you're continuously suffering from a heartbreak. I needed Minseok. Mia needed her mate. We needed him even more than ever after meeting him. I was able to withstand the pain since I haven't seen him for so long. As the saying goes, 'out of sight, out of mind'. 

I covered my face with my palms, my heart was aching. I felt my cheeks and looked at my palms. I widened my eyes when I saw water. I rubbed my eyes and realized that I was crying. The emotions that I’ve been bottling up. Had it finally decided to come out now?

Minseok’s POV

It had been 2 years since I saw Jiyeon and she had no idea how elated I was when I sensed her inside the conference room. But one thing led to another and soon, I unconsciously said that she abandoned me. I didn’t even realized it until Mia pointed it out to me.

2 years... I ran after her but I lost her scent all of a sudden. She was fast, no doubt since she had Alpha blood in her. I went back to her old pack house but it was empty. The pack itself looked abandoned as I felt my heartstrings being tugged. She couldn't have abandoned us like this right? I heard Jean asked and I shook my head, honestly clueless. I sniffed around and managed to pick up multiple scent but it was not leading us anywhere. I let out a whimper as realization dawned on me. I was too late.

Suho and I walked back to the pack house and Suho noticed my dejected aura as I recalled what happened when Jiyeon left. “I guess I can safely say that the talk didn’t went well?” Suho asked and I gave him a glare but instead of apologizing, he laughed at me. “Don’t worry. She’ll come around. We can still follow her you know. To know where she resides currently. But look on the bright side. She’s healthy.” Suho said, trying to lift up my mood.

Well, I guess he had a point. “We’re not stalking her. The last time I did, this was the outcome.” I replied to the suggestion that he gave.

“That situation and this situation is different. That situation was a misunderstanding and you were given no choice. This situation, you have a choice. Look, man up. You’re an Alpha for god’s sake. Chase after her until she finally realizes your sincerity. You moping around all day, hoping that she knocks on the door one day isn’t going anywhere. She might even think that you don't care enough to chase after her.” Suho lectured. I growled a little at the last statement. I care about her. I care, a lot. 

Suho talks too much sometimes but he always makes a point. “So what do you say?” Suho stopped walking and I followed suit, knowing what he was referring to. “Let’s go.” I said and shifted to my wolf form after taking off my clothes and tying them to my right legs. Suho shifted as well. And soon we ran, following Jiyeon’s scent.

After an hour, we arrived at the Blue Moon pack house. Jiyeon’s pack house. I looked up at the window when I heard something. I saw the window open and Jiyeon was there. Absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. My wolf let out a howl in delight unconsciously. Jean. –my wolf’s name- I hissed in my head but he ignored me. Jiyeon saw me and I visibly flinched. Her eyes held nothing. No emotions. She just stared into Jean's eyes blankly. 

She’s looking at us. I heard Suho say and I nodded. I continued staring at her, as she did to me. I hid behind a tree and shifted back to my human form, wearing the clothes that was once tied to my ankle, with Suho following suit. I showed myself and looked up the window but Jiyeon was nowhere in sight. I was looking around and froze when I manage to smell her delightful scent. I looked down and saw her directly in front of me. “What the… how did y-…” I was speechless, and surprised. How did I not noticed her walking towards me?

“She stood in front of you while you were looking around.” Suho said, sounding absolutely amused when he noticed my rather… flabbergasted expression. I cleared my throat and let out an awkward chuckle. 

“Hi.” I put up my right hand and gave a small wave. This was extremely awkward. She gave me a questioning look, the eyes that once held nothing was replaced with genuine curiosity. “Well… I was curious to see where you’re currently staying at… So… I didn’t mean to you know… Step into your territory without your permission.” I stammered here and there.

I was embarrassing myself in front of my mate and it was not good. I already didn’t leave a good expression of myself and I was embarrassing myself. Way to go Minseok. I let out a deep breath and asked, “I’m not exactly making you feel better am I?”

She blinked and raised an eyebrow at me. “Well, I mean. About what I said in the meeting just now… I didn’t really notice what I said. I sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter