Eighteen

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 18⚜

Jiyeon’s POV

I woke up when I felt a movement under me. I opened my eyes and realized that my head is resting of Minseok’s bare chest. I felt his hold around my waist tighten, pulling me closer to him. I smile when I remembered last night. I look up at him and saw his peaceful face. I wanted to pull away but his grip around me tightened, making me trap to his bare body.

I puffed up my cheeks in frustration and forcefully pulled away making him he jerked awake. “What, what happened?” He let out a gasp and looked around frantically before landing his gaze on me, and he heave a sigh of relief.

“You scared me.” He said and I rolled my eyes at him. I stood up , not caring about his eyes that’s staring at me and went into the washroom to wash up.

I looked in the mirror and saw a faint scar on my neck, where he marked me. My cheeks flushed at the thought and I shook my head. Get a grip Jiyeon. I proceeded to wash myself up.

I put on the robe before leaving the washroom. I stoned when I see him sitting on the bed, staring at me. I blinked in confusion and gave him a questioning look. At least he has a pair of pants on. “Nothing. You look beautiful.” He gave me a loving smile and I frowned. What? That was definitely not nothing. I folded my arms and gave him a look to tell me what he was thinking about and he got that hint.

He let out a sigh and stood up. He walked towards me and suddenly pulled me into a hug. What’s wrong? I asked. He just hugged me tighter and rested his head on my shoulder. My frown deepened and I put my hands on his bare chest, pushing him slightly and he let go of me. I look into his eyes and saw there was a tinge of fear, worry and anger clouding his eyes.

He gave me a reassuring smile before side stepping me and entering the washroom. What the hell was that about?

I went out of the room and went down to the kitchen after changing into a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt that covers the shorts. I stopped when I saw some the pack leaders, plus Junyeong and Gayoung at the dining table, eating their breakfast. All of them turned to me when they saw me and I blinked.

“Well, someone had a blast last night.” Chen said, looking at me with a playful grin. I gave him a look and just entered the kitchen.

“I’ll make you something.” D.O. stood up and went to the fridge. I went to him and told him that I’d make my own food. He looked reluctant at first but gave in anyway.

“Good morning. How was last night?” I heard Kai smirked as I sense Minseok.

“It was great, thanks for asking Kai.” I heard Minseok chuckle as I ignored him and continued taking out some ingredients from the fridge. Some eggs and sausages. Minseok leaned against the counter as I fried the eggs.

“Are you cooking some for me, or are you only cooking for yourself?” I heard Minseok ask and I look at him. I could see a little amusement in his eyes, the fear and worry that I saw previously was all gone. I returned my attention back to the food frying on the pan. I heard a soft sigh from him and ignored him. If he’s not going to tell me what’s going through his mind, there’s no reason for me to talk to him. Hey, I am stubborn. I’m pretty sure we established that.

“What? It’s barely a day since you guys officially mated and you guys already fought?” I heard Chen asked sounding amused. I put the cooked food on a plate and pushed it to his chest, taking him by surprise.

“Thanks.” He grinned and took a seat opposite Baekhyun. I cooked my portion and put it on the plate. I left the dining room with my plate and sat on the sofa in the living room.

“Why does it feel like she’s isolating herself?” I heard Suho asked as I ate my food.

I’m not. I told them and I could hear some cutleries dropping.

“Well… That was… shocking.” Chen said and I gave a small smile to myself in amusement.

“I’m going then.” I heard Junyeong say and I turned to the kitchen to see her leaving together with Baekhyun. Both of them not even looking at me.

“Awkward…” Chen cooed and a groan followed right after.

“I’m leaving too.” I heard Gayoung said next and I saw her leaving out the pack house as well. I frowned.

What did I do? I asked the 4 guys left in the kitchen.

“You didn’t eat in the living room because of them?” Kai asked and I shook my head, confused. Was that what it was about?

“Then why are you eating there instead of eating at the dining table?” Suho asked.

Force of habit. I don’t eat at the dining table unless there are guests. I told them and they blinked in confusion.

“Well, that was a misunderstanding then.” Minseok said, sounding satisfied with my answer and I rolled my eyes at him. Not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter