Twenty-One

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 21⚜

Jiyeon’s POV

I’m in the office, doing some Alpha paperwork with Minseok, who’s looking through the documents with me. “God, the elders’ just not giving the alphas any rest are they?” Minseok sighed, massaging his temples. I’m leaning against his side, with my legs bent on the sofa. The coffee table is filled with all the documents the elders sent us. All the reports we’re supposed to send as well.

The downside of being the Alpha I guess. At least we can help each other with our work. I told him and he chuckled.

“Yeah, you’re right.” I felt him kiss the crown of my head and I just let out a smile as I read the reports. I sat up when I sense a presence in the territory. Jiyeon-ah, the Alpha of the Moon Valley Pack is here. I heard John’s voice in my head said. “What’s wrong?” Minseok asked looking at me worriedly.

My guest is here. I said, giving him a small smile. “Alpha Joongki?” He asked and I nodded. “I guess it’s time for a break then.” He smiled and clean up the papers on the table. I stood up and he handed me the papers. I put them on the desk and sorted them out before leaving the office with Minseok. A nostalgic scent infiltrated my nose as soon as I left the office and I grinned, knowing the scent. I pulled Minseok along with me as I ran down to the living room, that was filled with chattering.

“Jiyeon!” A familiar voice called out and my grin widened.

Uncle Joongki! Mia was also excited when she saw him. I ran down the stairs and he opened his arms, engulfing me in a hug.

“Look how big you are now.” He chuckled and spin me around before put me back down on the ground. “Junyeong.” I heard him call out and I could feel him hugging her beside me as well.

He pulled out of the hug and ruffled our hair making me frown, fixing my hair after. “Both of you are all so grown up now. Even found your mates.” He chuckled. “Alpha Xiumin.” I heard him call out.

“Nice to meet you again, Alpha Joongki.” Minseok said and I turned to him, surprised. He knows Joongki? Minseok just gave me a small smile and gave me a wink.

“You were still a pup when I last saw you as well.” Joongki chuckled and walked towards him, shaking his hand.

“I see you’re mated with Jiyeon.” He said and Minseok nodded.

“And you’re mated with Junyeong?” He turned to Baekhyun and asked and he just gave a bow.

“Yes Alpha Joongki.”

“Many things have happened here huh?” He chuckled and my breath hitched at that. “What’s wrong?” Joongki seemed to have noticed and I shook my head, offering a small smile. “Why haven’t you said anything?” Joongki asked, looking a little worried.

“She can’t speak, uncle Joongki.” Junyeong said and I snapped my head towards her.

“What?” I heard him asked, sounding taken aback.

“Jiyeon became mute after our parent’s death.” Junyeong said, and I frowned. Stop it. I told her and she turned her head to me. “Why? It is true. Is it not? He deserves to know as well.” She said.

“Know what?” Joongki approached us, looking as confused as ever. “That reminds me, why have you changed the Beta?” He asked and I clenched my fist.

“Yes, please do tell Uncle Joongki.” Junyeong said and I glared at her. “Junyeong. Stop.” Minseok warned and Junyeong turned to him.

“I don’t understand what’s going on.” Joongki said and I looked at him. “I’ve only heard about your parents dying in a car crash. Besides that, I know nothing.” He said, looking confused.

Can you tell him to go to the office? I’ll talk to him privately. I mind linked Minseok and he nodded.

“Alpha Joongki, Jiyeon wants to talk to you privately in the office.” Minseok said.

“Alright. Come on. Junyeong too.” Joongki said and I shook my head.

Junyeong, you stay here. Minseok will come with me. Everyone else, stay with Junyeong. I mind linked everyone, except Joongki. I can’t even if I wanted to anyway. Mind linking can only be done within pack members themselves or mates.

“No, I’m following.” Junyeong said and Mia growled at that disrespect.

I could feel Mia taking over and she turned to Junyeong. “When I ask you to stay, you stay.” The authority of an Alpha present and Junyeong widened her eyes. “You of all people have no rights to talk to me like that. Is that understood?”

“Yes Luna.” Junyeong said, looking down. “Let’s go.” I said and went up to the office.

“What was that about Jiyeon? You shouldn’t command your sister like that.” Joongki scolded as soon as the door closed. I let out a silent sigh and sat down on the sofa. “And what is you not being able to talk about?” He asked and I shrugged.

“She lost her voice. So she can’t talk at all unless her wolf takes over, like what happened in the living room just now.” Minseok helped me explain and Joongki frowned.

“And it happened when your parents died?” He asked, looking at me and I just nodded.

“What about Ken?” He asked and I tensed. Minseok put and arm around my shoulder to calm me down. Should I tell him? I heard him asked and I nodded.

“Ken was banished from the pack. He took advantage of Jiyeon’s young age and took control of the pack as well as her. She was physically, mentally and emotionally abused by Ken before she met me.” Minseok said and I leaned against him. I could sense the anger radiating from Minseok. Joongki didn’t say anything and just sat frozen. Looking shocked and taken aback by what Minseok had said.

“I’m going to kill him.” His eyes flashed a dangerous grey and I blinked.

“That’s what we were planning to do as well. He became the beta of a pack of rogues. Jiyeon actually killed him but he was revived with the help of a witch. And now he became the beta of a pack of rogues and is now missing. We have 2 of the rogues in the basement right here and now actually. That’s how we managed to know that Ken is still alive.” Minseok said and Joongki nodded.

“I’ll do whatever I can to get him. Don’t worry. I’ll offer my support. But I’m happy that you’re doing fine with Alpha Xiumin with you.” Joongki said and I grin, giving him a nod.

Minseok chuckled before asking “Where have you been anyway Alpha Joongki? I was told that your whole pack disappeared all of a suddenly years ago and was never heard of until you tried to reach out to Jiyeon.” I looked at Joongki, genuinely curious.

“I went to Russia and stayed there for a while. My whole pack went there without tell anyone. I did tell all the Alphas in the continent though. So both your parents knew about it. I suppose they didn’t tell you before they pass on. I’m sorry for both of your losses.” He said and I looked at Minseok, surprised. I just realized that I barely even know about Minseok’s family. I didn’t know his parents were dead.

“They were killed by rogues.” Minseok said when he caught my eyes staring at him.

I didn’t know. Sorry. I said and Minseok gave me a small smile, kissing my temple.

I didn’t tell you. So, you don’t have to apologize. I heard h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter