Fourteen

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 14⚜

Jiyeon’s POV

I looked at myself through the mirror. I’m wearing purple dress that stops just above my knees. My back is bare while the sleeves are long. I looked at the time and it’s almost 6PM. “Ready?” John asked, leaning against the door frame and I looked at him. He’s wearing something casual, jeans and a button up shirt. “Not bad.” John smirked and I rolled my eyes at him. “The car is ready by the way. And the pack members are ready to go.” He said and I nodded.

I brought my phone and wallet before leaving the room. I entered the passenger seat and John entered the driver’s seat. “Buckle up and let’s go.” He said as I was wearing my seat belt. I stared at him and he stared back. “What?” he asked and I rolled my eyes at him. How the hell is he older than me?

I rested my elbow on the arm rest and my head is resting on my palm as I look out the window. “Aren’t you happy that you’re going to merge the packs together?” John asked and I didn’t answer. I feel neutral. It doesn’t actually matter to me whether or not the packs merge. But it benefits both packs though. Bigger territory. Bigger hunting space.

“Well, at least now you can have all the time in the world to make up with your sister.” He said and I looked back at him. I’m not planning on doing that. I told him and he let out a sigh. “Blood is thicker than water Jiyeon. You still have to make up with her one way or another.” I ignored him and look outside the window again. The rest of the ride was silent.

After we reach, both of us got out of the car and we were given a huge, “Welcome” by everyone. All my pack members got out of their own separate cars as well and they were certainly feeling welcomed. “Hey.” Minseok walked towards me and gave me a hug. I returned the hug and pulled away after a while. “You look beautiful.” He commented and I gave a lop-sided smile. Not bad yourself. I told him and he chuckled.

He’s wearing something similar to John but he looks even more dashing compared to John. Then again, he’s my mate. “Come on. The food is already prepared.” He said, interlocking our fingers as he led me to the table filled with food. He gestured me to sit down and I did. I saw Junyeong sitting opposite me and she was looking at me, looking a little frightened. She’s wearing a black sleeveless dress, that most probably goes above her knees like mine.

I gave a smirk and looked away from her. “You’re wearing mum’s necklace…” I heard her say and I looked at her. I touched the necklace that I’m wearing. Right… It is mum’s necklace. I took it off and handed it to her. She looked at me, taken aback. She took it and I gave a lop-sided smile.

You need at least something to remember mum by. I doubt you have her picture. She looked at me, shocked. “What did you say to her?” Minseok turned to me and asked. I simply shrug and he looked at me, still waiting for me to answer. I just told her that she can have the necklace. It’s our mum’s, so I’m letting her have it. Is that wrong? I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Really? She seems a little too shaken for you to just say that. I heard him say as he looked at Junyeong.

“What did I miss?” Baekhyun sat beside Junyeong and I looked at him. He gave me a look that expresses how he feels towards me. Well, resentment. I feel oh so welcome here. I gave a lop-sided smile and ate my food.

“Where did that necklace come from?” Baekhyun suddenly asked as he stared at the necklace in Junyeong’s hand. I didn’t look up and just continued eating. “It’s our mother’s. Jiyeon gave it to me in remembrance of her. Since I don’t have a picture of her.” Junyeong answered. “Do you want me to help you wear it?” Baekhyun asked and I look up at them.

Junyeong nodded and Baekhyun stood up, helping her put on the necklace. “It’s beautiful.” Baekhyun said after he put it on. “Yes, it is.” Minseok added and I rolled my eyes at them. I can’t deny it. It’s a silver multi-layered necklace and it’s absolutely stunning. The image of my parents falling to their death suddenly flashed in my mind and I dropped my spoon.

“What’s wrong?” John asked. He’s sitting on my left side, while Minseok’s sitting on my right.

“Is something wrong?” Minseok asked worriedly and I clenched my fist. The food that I just ate is coming back out. “Is it happening again?” John asked, and I looked at him. He’s witnessed this several times. It’s not in my control. Whenever something related to the accident is brought up, I would feel like puking. Especially when my parents are brought up.

I stood up and ran into the pack house and to the nearest toilet. I locked the door and went to the toilet bowl. There goes my dinner.

“Jiyeon…” I heard Minseok’s voice as he knocks on the toilet door. “Are you okay?” He asked as I continued puking the contents of my stomach. When I felt like it’s the end, I flushed the toilet and went to the basin to rinse my mouth. I saw a bottle of Listerine and rinsed my mouth with it.

I let out a deep breath as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter