Sixteen

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 16⚜

iyeon’s POV

I woke up, my whole body aching. Why isn’t my wolf healing ability working? I felt a bandage around my head and remembered that my ear was brutally ripped off by that bastard Kang Inho. I touched my left ear and blinked when it’s there. I could even feel it.

“I reattached. Thankfully we weren’t too late and I was able to reattach your ear. But you have a lot of internal bleeding so it may take maybe a day or 2 more before you’re completely healed.” Lay said and I flinched. I didn’t notice he was in the room with me. “Should I call Minseok in? He’s been worried sick but I didn’t let him in because you needed rest.” Lay said, sitting on the chair beside my bed.

What about John? I questioned him and he just smile. “He regained consciousness 2 hours ago so he’s already out and about. Both of you have been unconscious for 2 days since I gave both of you a strong drug to help you guys heal faster.” He said and I nodded. Understandingly. I sat up with the help of Lay. “Do you want me to call Minseok over?” Lay asked and I shook my head.

“Then do you want to go out?” He asked and I nodded. “Okay. But be careful. You’re not fully healed.” He said as I stood up after taking off the IV needle.

I opened the door and saw Minseok standing there, leaning against the wall, looking at the ground. I blinked when he didn’t react to me opening the door. I bend down to where he’s staring at to get his attention. He blinked when he met eyes with me and widened his eyes. “Oh god. You’re awake.” He engulfed me in a hug and I hugged back.

“I’m so sorry for not saving you in time.” He whispered as he hugged me tighter. Any tighter and he’ll cut off my supply of oxygen. I patted his back to calm him down. I have a feeling that he’s close to bawling his eyes out.

I pulled away from the hug after a while and look at him. I’m fine. I simply told him when his eyes are teary. “I’ll never ever leave you again. I don’t care whether or not you agree, but I’m going to follow wherever you’re going.” He said, looking resolute. Don’t have to be so extreme. You have your responsibilities too. I told him as I walk out of the infirmary with him following behind me.

“Jiyeon-ah!” I heard Junyeong’s voice and turned to her. “Are you okay?” She asked worriedly with Baekhyun beside her, looking worried as well. I didn’t reply her and walked past both of them and went to the pack house. “She’s fine.” I heard Minseok said before he rushed to walk beside me. “You shouldn’t ignore them like that. They were honestly worried about you.” He said but I didn’t reply him.

I opened the door to the pack house, gaining attention from everyone in the living room. “Oh! Alpha Jiyeon! Are you okay?” I saw some of my pack members crowding around the living room and they stood up when they saw me. I just gave a nod.

“We’re building some houses for them here. We’re asked if they want to stay here instead of the other pack house and some of them agreed.” I heard Minseok say as I look around my pack mates.

Well, that explains the construction that I saw. “The others didn’t want to move so, we have to compromise on how to shift to and fro.” Minseok said and I nodded, understanding what he meant.

“Want to rest in my room?” Minseok asked and I just nodded and walked up to his room. I opened the door and sat on his bed, my eyes on him as he closed the door and faced me. He let out a deep breath and kneeled in front of me making me blink in surprise.

“Before I say anything that may piss you off, may I know what this ring is about to make you risk your life for it?” He asked and took off a very familiar ring from his ring finger.

I widened my eyes and took it away from him, heaving a sigh of relieve as I hold it near my chest. I nearly forgot about it. “Jiyeon?” He called out to me and I looked down at him.

This ring has been in my family for generations. Passed down from Alpha to Alpha. It has the power to open the portal to the underworld and is used by the Alpha of the Blue Moon pack to send traitors or people with death sentence to the underworld directly, without the need of bloodshed. The last person who used it was my grandfather though. My father didn’t like sentencing death sentences plus he died early, so he didn’t have the chance to use the ring even if there were people with death sentences. Ken doesn’t know about this ring and my father only told me about the ring. So no one else, besides me, now John and you, knows about it.

I explained to him, looking at the ring that clearly looks ancient and there’s an amethyst gem in the middle of the ring. “If only you knew about the ring, how did the person who stole it knew about it?” Minseok asked and I tensed.

I forgot about Kang Inho. He said something about his family owning the ring before my family did. I told him and he nodded, moving to sit beside me on the bed. I slipped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter