Twenty-Eight

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV

I woke up in a spring field of flowers. Literally. I sat up and blinked when I saw Junyeong beside me, still sleeping. “Junyeong.” I tapped her hand that was nearest to me. She stirred herself awake and slowly opened her eyes.

“Where are we?” She rubbed her eyes and sat up, looking around her.

“That’s one very good question. Because I have no idea where we are either.” I said, looking around the meadow.

“My daughters.” I heard a familiar voice called out and I turned. I widened my eyes when I saw my parents.

“Mum, dad.” Junyeong gasped behind me, proving me that what I was seeing was definitely not a hallucination.

“Mum… Dad…” Tears filled my eyes and it dropped. I didn’t even bother trying to stop the tears nor wipe them away. Both of us ran towards our parents. I hugged our mother while Junyeong hugged our father.

“I’m so sorry the both of you have to go through that.” My mother said, my hair with her long fingers.

I heard a sob coming from Junyeong as I bit my lower lip to prevent a sob from escaping. The tortures that Ken put us through. The scars that he made on our skin. It would never go away, even with our healing abilities.

“We’re so sorry, Jiyeon-ah. Junyeong-ah.” I heard my father say as I hugged my mother tighter.

“I miss you.” I muttered under my breath and I could feel my mum patting my back, comforting me.

“We have always missed you my dear. I’m sorry for letting you suffer all those years.” My mum pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears.

“But now, both of your mates need the both of you. So, please wake up okay?” My mum said, looking at both Junyeong and I.

“I don’t want to. I want to stay here for a little while more.” I told my mum and she gave me a sad smile.

“You can’t. We’ll always be watching over the both of you. But for now, both of you really need to wake up. If not, you would hurt your mates even more.” My mum said and I blinked in confusion.

“Your mates are blaming themselves.” My dad said and I widened my eyes in realization.

“But it’s not his fault…” Junyeong mutter under her breath. It looked like she was talking to herself but all of us heard it.

“That’s why the both of you need to wake up and convince them. Do you understand?” My mum put her right palm on my right cheek, while her left palm cupped Junyeong’s left cheek. Both of us nodded in reply and she gave us a proud smile.

“Now, wake up.” The last thing I saw was my dad giving us a warm fatherly smile before the whole world around me started spinning.

I heard a beeping sound and felt a hand holding onto my left hand, and knew it was Minseok because of the tingles his touch was giving me. I slowly forced my eyes to open and squinted at the bright light. I realized that I was lying on my stomach. I adjusted my eyesight and looked down to see Minseok sleeping, facing down. His forehead resting on his arms that was crossed on the bed. His left hand holding mine.

I let out a small smile, happy to see him. I can’t believe I actually wanted to stay longer with my parents. Well, that wasn't a bad thing but still…leaving him like this was definitely something I didn't want to do.

I slowly turned my body, praying hard that I wouldn't wake him up and I succeeded for some reason. Though I could feel his hand tightened around mine. I was lying down on my side, enjoying the view. I bent forward a little and lifted my right hand to touch his soft locks. Jiyeon, are you awake? I heard Junyeong’s voice and I glanced up only to see a white curtain.

I could sense Junyeong on the other side of the curtain. Yes, I am. I said as I continue looking at Minseok. I put my palm on the pillow. 

Baekhyun is sleeping soundly. I heard her say and I let out a mental chuckle.

Minseok is too. He looks pretty drained out. I told her and she hummed in agreement. 

I felt him stir as he tightened his hold on my hand. “Jiyeon.” I hear him whisper and I could feel a wave of pain hit me. I frowned in confusion but widened my eyes a little when I realized that he was having a nightmare about me. 

Jiyeon, should I wake Baekhyun up? He looks like he’s having a nightmare… I heard Junyeong’s voice in my head, sounding worried. Baekhyun too? I was surprised. Was this what my mum meant?

You wake Baekhyun up, I’ll wake Minseok up. He’s having a nightmare too. I told Junyeong.

Okay.

I bent forward even more and his soft locks. I felt him tense and he looked up. He was breaking out in cold sweat and I frowned. “Jiyeon.” He gasped and looked relief. “Thank goodness.” He said, letting out a sigh of relief.

“Junyeong-ah.” I head Baekhyun say from the other side. I let out a lop-sided smile and wipe the drops of sweat the formed near his temple with my thumb.

“I’ve missed you.” I said, my voice rather hoarse and my throat feeling scratchy.

“You can talk.” He widened his eyes in shock and I smiled in amusement.

“Instead of sitting there, can you pour me a cup of water? My throat hurts.” I asked and I could literally see him jumping up from his sit and pouring me a cup of water from the tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter