Pieces Of Truth

Fanservice

I was done for anyways, so when Mingyu's lips found mine and kissed me with so much need, I didn't even fight against it anymore, but just kissed back, loving the almost familiar feeling of his lips moving against mine.

At first, it was a kiss filled with anger and hunger. Honestly, we probably didn't even know what we were doing as we worked our lips together and started biting soon after, craving for a way to let our frustrations out.

But as the kiss went on it got slower and with that more passionate, both of us holding on to each other while we breathed heavily, not wanting to let go of each other's lips. It was intoxicating, really, to feel Mingyu's breath on my lips, his tongue exploring my mouth before I felt the pressure of his lips kissing mine once again.

And god, I just wanted to hold on to that moment and never let go of Mingyu, knowing that everything would probably be over soon.

"This doesn't make sense", I whispered against his lips, but was shut down as he just kissed me over and over again, his lips hungrily engulfing mine as if he'd waited to do just that for years. 

The kiss ended with Mingyu pecking my lips a few times, massaging my cheeks as he did so. It was so sweet, honestly, I couldn't even believe that it was reality. 

So when Mingyu let go of me I instantly felt lost. It was as if I'd been awaken from a dream I didn't want to let go of just yet and so I opened my eyes in sadness, watching how Mingyu took a step back, letting out a sigh for a reason I didn't know. Was it a sigh of relief or frustration? I had no idea.

I only looked at him, my mouth still opened, my mind not registering what was going on. I actually sat down, my knees too weak to make me stand any longer, soon shaking my head in disbelief as I realized what I had done.

What Mingyu had done.

"What just happened?", I muttered, not quite wanting to believe that Mingyu had actually kissed me like that. I was afraid and confused, but on the other hand, I was experiencing complete bliss. It was as if Mingyu had finally fulfilled a wish I'd made months ago, as if he'd given me a present I'd longed for since the day of our debut.

"Isn't this what you wanted?", he muttered, biting his lip in hesitation before continuing: "It's what you wanted all this time, right?"

I didn't understand what he was getting at and so I just let out a small "What?", hoping he would explain what he was trying to say.

But he didn't. 

Instead, he started chuckling in disbelief and before I even realized what was going on, he stormed off, confusion plastered over his face. He left me all alone, just like that.

And I didn't even know if I should hate or love him for doing that to me.

I tried to understand his actions, tried to realize what was going through his mind. But as I sat there and thought it all through, I didn't come to a conclusion. Mingyu's behavior made less sense than everything he'd done before and it made me crazy not to know why he was suddenly acting like that. 

I don't even know how long I stayed in the practice room, trying to clear my mind so that I could understand Mingyu's strange behavior, but it must've been long enough for the other members to get worried. Or maybe not worried, but interested in whatever Mingyu and I were up to.

It was Seungcheol who suddenly opened the door and found me sitting on the practice room's floor, my perplexed and upset state clearly visible.

"Uh, where's Mingyu?", he asked, still standing in the doorway and looking through the room in confusion. I didn't even want to talk to him and so I only shrugged my shoulders: "He left."

Seungcheol nodded his head, letting out a small "Oh" and making a turn to leave again. But something stopped him as he suddenly faced me again: "By the way, is everything okay between you two?"

I got nervous at his question. Had we been too obvious the night before? Had Seungcheol noticed what was going on? I didn't know, but I sure as hell didn't want that to be the case and so I nodded my head almost immediately, smiling: "Of course we are okay. Why are you asking that all of the sudden?"

Seungcheol let out a sigh.

"It's just that you guys have been acting weird since the concert yesterday. I thought something happened again", he told me truthfully, biting his lip afterwards. I just chuckled at that, trying to sound convincing enough: "Nah, we're alright, I promise."

Seungcheol just looked at me, probably trying to see if I was lying, but after a few seconds, he nodded, believing my words: "Okay, if you say so."

"Yeah", I trailed off, hoping he would leave the topic alone already. He did, thankfully. But instead, he suddenly confronted me with something completely new: "Urm, can I ask you something?"

I wanted to answer with a strong "No", to ask him to leave because I had something to think through at the moment, but I couldn't. As Seungcheol finally stepped into the room and closed the door behind him, I immediately knew that something important was going on and so I shrugged my shoulders at him, indicating that he should just ask already.

And so he did.

"Does Mingyu have a secret girlfriend or something? Or a girl that likes him?", he questioned while sitting down next to me, his face showing concern and confusion. 

I only laughed at that.

"What? No, of course not!", I replied almost instantly, amused by his question: "Why are you thinking about crazy things like that?"

Seungcheol let out a huge sigh, taking a moment before answering me.

"It's just that he came to me lots of times these last few months, asking for advice for some pretty strange situations. It sounded like he was having girl problems, I don't know", he explained, furrowing his eyebrows at his own words. 

I chuckled at him, finding his words kind of funny since I thought he was probably just misinterpreting Mingyu.

"He asked you for advice? For what? And when?", I grinned, wanting to know what kind of problems Mingyu was facing to come to Seungcheol for advice. Of course, our leader was always good at helping someone out, but I'd never known Mingyu belonged to those members who actually took the chance and confronted Seungcheol about their problems.

"Well, the first time was right after our debut, I think? He came to me, totally flustered, and asked how to make someone you can't just distance yourself from fall out of love with you. I thought he'd gone crazy or something like that", Seungcheol told me, chuckling a bit while doing so. But as his smile appeared, mine vanished in an instant.

Because I realized what he was talking about.

"He talked to you about that?", I inquired, worried. It wasn't a nice feeling to know that others had vague information about our issue, especially not when Seungcheol was that person: "What did you answer?"

He just shrugged his shoulders at me and laughed a bit.

"I don't even remember, really. Something about making that person hate him? Yeah, I think that was it. Since he told me that he can't possibly ignore the person I told him to act like a jerk to make them stop having feelings for him", he explained, making me gasp: "But why are you so interested in that?"

I just shook my head at Seungcheol, not wanting to believe his words. It was as if he had the answers to all the questions I'd always had and of course, I couldn't let go of the opportunity to find out more.

"It doesn't matter. Tell me more. What else did he ask you about?", I pressed, desperately wanting to find out the truth behind Mingyu's confusing behavior.

"Well, there was that one time, maybe at the end of 'Adore U' promotions? He asked me how to make a person who's important to you realize that someone else is just using them", he laughed, shaking his head a bit at that thought.

"And what did you answer?", I almost yelled at him, my heart beating fast, my mind trying to progress what he was saying.

"What is this? Why does this feel like I'm getting interrogated right now?", he laughed at me, probably finding my behavior amusing. After all, I was acting quite desperate.

But Seungcheol had no idea how important his words were to me, of course he didn't.

"Just tell me what you answered, please", I insisted, scared and excited to hear his answer at the same time. Honestly, I was one anxious mess, it's a wonder Seungcheol didn't notice what was going on.

"God, Wonwoo, calm down", he chuckled at me, but continued anyways: "I think I told him to just bluntly tell that person and make sure to show them who really cares about them."

My heart hurt.

"Oh no", I let out in a gasp, shaking my head. Everything was even more ed up than I'd always thought, that much I was sure of: "Oh god, Hyung, it's all wrong."

"What?", Seungcheol questioned, not understanding what I was talking about. But I didn't have the time to explain, hell, I didn't even want to.

"What else did he want to have advice for? Please, just tell me everything, this is very important to me", I admitted, giving Seungcheol a pleading look to which he just nodded, confused yet understanding my request.

"Urm, well, shortly after I told Mingyu to make that one person hate him, he came to me, crying, and told me that there was no way for that person to fall out of love", he told me, sighing: "He was devastated, to be honest. So yeah, I said he should just try harder and act like a complete to make that other person hate him."

I gasped, completely shocked by Seungcheol's words.

"Hyung, that's not how you make someone fall out of love! That's how you break them!", I complained, trying hard not to cry: "Your advice turned Mingyu into a huge monster when he just wanted to make someone fall out of love with him!"

I was mad, really.

"Well, sorry, he never told me the whole story and so I couldn't really give good advice", Seungcheol tried to defend his actions: "He was happier afterwards, so I thought my advices helped."

I wasn't even able to hold back the tears. Honestly, I'm not sure if I even tried to do so. I was way too worked up to even care about that.

"Well, they didn't! Hyung, you didn't help at all, okay? You ed everything up!", I screamed at him, enraged: "How could you possibly tell Mingyu to act like that? You didn't even think about that other person, did you? Did you not even notice that Mingyu would hurt that person when acting like that?"

Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows at me, not understanding my sudden outburst at all. 

"Well, it's not like I knew that person? I thought it was someone from our staff or someone who was clinging to Mingyu", he argued, clearly disliking how I just yelled at him like that: "He never exactly explained things and so I had no idea what exactly was going on or who he was talking about, okay?"

I laughed at that.

Honestly, I just laughed. I was so damn upset and frustrated when hearing Seungcheol talk about it all with such ease, as if it wasn't a problem at all, that I lost my mind. God, I couldn't even believe his words. It felt as if he'd been the source of my problems when I knew he wasn't. Of course he'd only meant well when giving Mingyu those advices, but to me they were too evil to be real.

And so I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"You know, it's funny of you to say you don't know the person that was hurting because of your stupid advices", I chuckled at him, tears falling down my cheeks: "Because you actually do. You know that person very well."

"What do you mean?", Seungcheol questioned, shaking his head at me: "Wonwoo, I don't know why you're suddenly getting so worked up about this but-"

"I am that person!", I cut him off, screaming at the top of my lungs: "I'm the one who's in love with Mingyu! I'm the one who was used by someone I shouldn't have trusted! I'm the one who's being treated horribly by Mingyu because of your stupid advices! That person you didn't even think about, that's me!"

And god, as I saw Seungcheol's eyes widen, his whole facial expression changing into complete shock, I couldn't even look at him anymore. I had to get away from him, that much I was sure of. Not wanting to see his reaction to my words, I didn't even think about anything else than wanting to run away from Seungcheol.

And so I did exactly that.

Too scared of whatever I had done, I couldn't stay in the same room as him anymore, which is why I let my feet carry me away, my mind too clouded to make me think clearly.

I just stormed out, knowing I had to leave. But since the dorm was too far away and my legs seemed to give in any second, I only managed to run towards the restrooms, thinking I could hide there until Seungcheol would leave the company. Thinking I could calm down and clear my head before going back home.

I didn't expect to find Mingyu there. 

Mingyu, who just leaned against the wall, his face blank, his thoughts clearly somewhere else. Mingyu, who suddenly got scared after realizing that I'd walked in, his mind probably as upset as mine. Mingyu, who seemed concerned and hurt as he saw the tears on my face, the afraid and confused state I was in. 

It didn't even matter to me that he saw my breakdown, my knees hitting the floor and my sobs echoing through the room, because I was convinced he actually did care about me.

It was probably that thought which deluded me once again, but I didn't know that back then.
______

Isn't it kind of ironic how that one person who'd turned my life into a complete hell was the one who comforted me when I realized just how ed up everything was?

Well, to me, it was more of a blessing.

As Mingyu walked over to me, kneed down and put me into his arms, it was the greatest thing he ever did to me. Sure, I was mad at him. Mad, that he hadn't even talked to me but just decided to get rid of my feelings by treating me like that. 

I wasn't even sure why he'd thought about solving everything by himself instead of talking to me, hurting me to no end when he could've simply told me about his worries, but I was convinced he had a reason for that. I was sure he'd done everything for my sake.

I didn't even think about him being selfish when deciding to hurt me but just concluded that he'd tried to help me, thinking I'd be happier if I got rid of my feelings for him.

Seriously, I so desperately wanted to be convinced of his innocence that I blocked all the negative thoughts coming to my mind, telling me that he'd acted like an for his own good.

Which was a mistake, but I didn't know that. Of course, I didn't.

I only concentrated on the warmth I felt when he held me in his arms, on his words telling me I'd be okay, promising that he'd be a better person who wouldn't hurt me anymore.

And so I fell into a trap once again. But did I care? Probably not as much as I should've. 

Or maybe I just didn't notice.
______

A/N: It's not over, if you honestly think I'd let it end like this. I'm not going to say much since I don't want to spoiler you guys but listen: It. Is. Not. Over. 
I hope you understand what I refer to when saying 'It' :)

Yeah, so, yeah. Seungcheol, huh? Mingyu, huh? What? What? What? That kiss? But didn't I say Mingyu won't catch feelings for Wonwoo? What's going on? Well, you'll find out someday, I promise.

Sorry for the late update and woah thanks so much for all the comments after the last chapter (I didn't even get to reply to all of them but I was busy, I'm sorry!!!!!)