Revealing Secrets

Fanservice

I only stood there and watched as Seokjin fell to the ground, clearly not able to stand anymore after having experienced the impact of Mingyu's fist. I heard Seokjin groan in pain and witnesses how Mingyu kicked him again, completely letting his anger out.

But I didn't say anything, too shocked to move a single muscle of my body.

"Get the hell out of here and don't even think about coming near Wonwoo-hyung ever again!", Mingyu screamed at the top of his lungs, his voice almost unrecognizable. I was confused and scared when looking at the situation in front of me, but most of all, I felt ashamed for how weak I was, for the pitiful person I appeared as.

Seokjin looked quite shocked himself as he slowly got back on his feet, probably contemplating whether he should fight back or just let it go. Apparently, he chose the latter as he just stared at Mingyu, not even answering him at all.

"Get out!", Mingyu yelled and grabbed his wrist, trying to drag him out of our room. But Seokjin didn't let him and pushed his hand away, clearly not wanting to leave my side. 

"What are you getting into this for? Go away, this isn't your business anyways", Seokjin muttered angrily, not liking how Mingyu had gotten between us: "You don't even like Wonwoo, so just leave and let us handle this by ourselves!"

He was furious, but so was Mingyu.

"I sure as hell won't do that", Mingyu hissed and glanced at me quickly, scrunching up his face in anger after doing so: "Look at what you did to him, he's too scared to even talk! No, even worse, he's probably traumatized because of you! Wonwoo-hyung clearly doesn't need a person like you in his life so just get out of here and never come back!"

His words shocked me, really. They almost sounded like Mingyu cared about me and that just didn't make sense, at all.

"Well, but he doesn't need someone like you either!", Seokjin yelled back, not accepting what Mingyu had said: "You're the one who keeps hurting him and ing up his life! Can't you see how unhappy and lifeless he's gotten because of you? He needs someone to protect and take care of him and I know I can do that! Maybe you don't know how to love him, but I do! I can make him happy!"

"But Wonwoo-hyung doesn't want you!", Mingyu snapped: "Maybe you're too stupid to realize it, but clearly, he's still in love with me and doesn't want to be with you at all!"

Seeing them argue like that, knowing they were fighting because of me, was such a surreal thought that I couldn't even comprehend whether I was dreaming or experiencing this fight for real. But no matter how confused I was, I knew that I had to stop them before their argument would escalate even more. 

Slowly, I pushed myself off of the wall and walked between them, shutting them up in an instant. I turned around to face Seokjin, not even looking at him completely since I was too ashamed to do so.

"Please leave", I managed to let out in a whisper, my voice sounding weak and hoarse. Seokjin opened his mouth at my words, shocked that I wanted to throw him out, and shook his head as an answer, not wanting to believe me: "No, Wonwoo, don't do this. I can help you, I can make you forget about Mingyu and be the boyfriend you need."

"But I don't want you to be my boyfriend", I replied calmly, feeling save since Mingyu was right behind me: "Especially not after what you just did. I want you to leave, please."

Seokjin looked mad as those words left my lips, probably not able to understand why I wanted him to leave when he only wanted the best for me.

"So, no matter what I do, you still choose him?", he questioned, shaking his head in disapproval: "Wonwoo, I can't let you do that! You're just ruining yourself if you keep loving him, why can't you understand that? Mingyu is the source of all your problems and yet you want to throw me out when I want nothing more but to be the reason for you to smile again?"

I knew Seokjin was saying the truth and was well aware that he just wanted to make me happy, but after what he'd done to me, I couldn't let him stay by my side. 

To be honest, I was disgusted when looking at him.

"I'd rather love Mingyu than be together with you when I don't even want to see you anymore. You make me sick, Seokjin-hyung", I muttered, being completely serious: "I don't think I can forgive you for what you just did, so please just leave and stop contacting me from now on. I think that's the best for both of us." 

Seokjin was hurt by my words, that much I was sure of, but apparently, he understood their message. Without saying anything, he just stood there, trying not to cry, probably thinking whether he should do as I said or not.

"Just leave. You're not wanted here anymore", I heard Mingyu mutter behind me and for some reason, I felt myself nod at his words, agreeing with him. Seokjin only gave me a short glance, probably realizing that I wouldn't change my mind, before letting out his last few words: "Okay, I'll go. But don't you ever come running back to me again, telling me you need my help. I sure as hell won't be there to listen to your problems anymore because I'm sick of them all. Yeah, just keep ruining yourself by loving Mingyu, if that's what you want."

He left our dorm just like that, not even looking back to see my reaction to his words. 

But, to be honest, I didn't have one.

The first thought that came to my mind as I heard the front door being shut was the other members. With my eyes widening and my heartbeat quickening, I ran out of my room, just to find the living room empty. Confused, I furrowed my eyebrows and wanted to walk towards the kitchen, but Mingyu's voice stopped me from doing so.

"They left", he announced calmly, making me turn around, realizing that he'd followed me into the living room: "Earlier, we noticed that you guys were arguing about something and so I told the other members to leave since the situation would probably get very ugly and you'd be uncomfortable if they knew what was going on." 

"And they left just like that?", I asked in disbelief, making him smirk: "Nah, I promised them we would tell them everything later, but we can't exactly do that, can we? We better find a good plan now before they come back."

I was shocked at how nice Mingyu suddenly was, not quite understanding why he would help me so much when he probably hated me more than anyone else. Perplexed, I sat down on the couch next to me and only stared at him, trying to find a reason for his behavior.

"You know, I told you from the beginning that your 'oh so lovely' Seokjin-hyung probably just wants you for himself", he suddenly said, annoyance underlining his words: "And yet you hung out with him and got his hopes up as if you were asking for something like this to happen."

He was right, I knew that, but for some reason I felt the need to justify my actions.

"I had no idea", I answered him, not even wanting to think about Seokjin anymore: "I honestly had no idea that he would be like this. I thought he was my friend and nothing more."

Mingyu laughed at that.

"Yeah, it's not like I warned you or anything, is it? Wake up, Wonwoo-hyung. Don't you realize that you're like prey to people like Kim Seokjin?", he raised his voice, almost yelling at me. But honestly, I had no idea what he was talking about and so I just shrugged my shoulders, wanting to stop him from talking about that topic.

"I don't even understand why you helped me back there. I'm thankful, really, but it doesn't make sense, Mingyu", I said, too tired to fight against him: "And don't give me the 'scandal' or 'fanservice' excuse, because I honestly don't believe that bull anymore."

Mingyu was silent for a while before answering, probably thinking about what kind of excuse he should come up with next. But the words that left his lips actually surprised me, not quite fitting the way he normally talked to me.

"I was worried about you, alright? Seokjin didn't seem like a good person and when I heard you guys fighting I guess I just lost it and felt like protecting you. You're too damn weak to fight back, anyways", he explained awkwardly, not even looking at me while doing so.

"You hate me, though", I insisted, making him sigh: "Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I want you to get treated badly by another guy who doesn't even have a reason to do so. He was about to you, Wonwoo-hyung. Do you honestly think I would've let that happen? I'm not that low."

"Seokjin-hyung wouldn't have me!", I scuffed to which Mingyu just laughed: "Are you sure about that? He had his hands all over you and to be quite honest, that kiss didn't look very innocent either. He was forcing you, right?" 

I was silent at that. 

"See! You can't even answer that question and yet you tell me he wouldn't have you? Seriously, how can you be so damn stupid and just blindly trust him like that? And now you're even protecting him, saying he wouldn't have gone that far? That's even worse! Get into your stupid mind that you can't let people use you like that and just think for once!", Mingyu yelled at me, enraged. 

I didn't know why he was so mad when he simply shouldn't have cared at all, but his words actually hit me hard and once again, the sick feeling from earlier appeared, making me want to throw up.

"Well, but I didn't have another choice but to trust Seokjin-hyung!", I argued, feeling my eyes get wet: "You've been giving me hell all this time and I didn't know what else to do but to trust him! I thought he was nice, alright? I thought he could help me out of this ed up situation! I just needed someone and he was there, okay?"

I started sobbing after having finished that sentence, hating the weak state I presented myself with once again. But Mingyu was probably used to my tears already and honestly, I couldn't even blame him for not even caring anymore. I was such a pitiful mess that I'd started to hate myself, so how could anybody else love me when I was like this?

"Just man up already! Get rid of your feelings for me or learn how to get used to them, I don't care how you do it, but stop being so ing pathetic already!", Mingyu demanded, clearly having enough of my constant crying.

I didn't say anything and just tried to stop my tears, but it was no use since for an unknown reason, more and more kept coming. My body was shaking as I let out those pitiful sobs and I hated myself so ing much for not being able to get a grip.

"I just don't know anymore. Mingyu, I don't know what to do anymore. I love you so damn much, it drives me crazy", I muttered, fully aware that Mingyu probably didn't even care about my words, didn't even want to know about my feelings: "And I've tried to fall out of love, believe me, but it just doesn't work out. I've tried so hard to get rid of my feelings for you, but they just keep getting stronger and I don't know why."

The room fell silent after my sentence, my crying and sniffling being the only sounds left. I didn't look up to see Mingyu's face since I honestly didn't want to know what kind of disgusted expression it wore. I was scared of getting screamed at again, mad since I wasn't able to get myself together and humiliated about Seokjin having forced me into something I could've stopped if only I had been strong enough.

"Just- just stop crying already. We have to leave for M Countdown in about an hour and I think the members will get back soon, too", Mingyu told me, his voice much softer than before. 

And I knew fully well that I shouldn't misinterpret anything when I suddenly felt him sitting down next to me, his hand landing on my shoulder, massaging it for comfort. I knew he only wanted me to stop sobbing already so that the members wouldn't be too confused when coming back home, but still, I was happy about Mingyu's sudden closeness, loving the touch of his hands.

And for his sake, I stopped crying, not wanting to let him down.

It took the other members about five more minutes until they came back, carefully opening the front door and looking inside of the dorm to check what was going on before stepping in. As they noticed Mingyu and me sitting on the sofa, him comforting me while I probably looked like a complete mess after having cried so hard, they instantly walked in, some engulfing me in warm hugs, knowing that something wasn't right. 

And I was relieved as I looked at them, seeing their worried faces which clearly showed how much everyone cared about me. Telling them that I was better and would explain everything after having calmed down a little more, I looked around the room, happy to see everyone smile at me for comfort. I was happy, until I noticed that someone was missing. 

Someone who was quite important to me.

"Wait, where's Junhui?", I asked, confused about the fact that he hadn't been the first one to come running to me, hugging me tightly. Looking around the room once again, I realized that Minghao wasn't there either, not quite understanding why they hadn't come home with the others: "And Minghao?"

"Oh, shouldn't they be here? Earlier when we left, Minghao realized that he forgot his phone in the kitchen and so Junhui and him went back to get it", Soonyoung explained to me, smiling unknowingly. My smile, on the other hand, vanished in a second as I looked towards the kitchen and saw how Chan opened it's door, revealing two quite familiar figures sitting at the table, shock and confusion plastered over their faces.

I instantly knew it was over for me.
______

A/N: I annoyed my non-kpop best friend (well she's kind of getting into Bangtan right now so maybe non-kpop doesn't even suit her anymore) when thinking about this plot because I honestly couldn't decide who to pick as a witness. Junhui or Minghao? She told me to use both and so I did. Lol.

Let's talk about Mingyu for a second because I love him in this story the most. Can you guys believe he actually told Wonwoo that he was worried about him? That was so ing sweet, my heart melted tbh

You guys write the cutest, funniest and also scariest comments ever, did you know that? I'm amazed at how different everyone feels about the characters because some of you do like Mingyu after all and oh I think there was someone who started hating Wonwoo for being such a crybaby?? I don't know anymore but I love how different your opinions are, it's great. 

So, yeah, thanks for reading and supporting this story! I love you guys!