Eight

White flowers

I nod my head at his comment and hold his hand. "I'll just skip class, we need to catch up." I tell him and he agrees. We walk out of the school holding hands and head to a nearby ice cream shop. I order us ice cream, and bring it to the table where Jimin is sitting. 

"Oh my god! It's been so long. We haven't talked in like two years." I say pinching his cheeks again. "Stop." He whines and pouts at me. "So cute. By the way, when did you dye your hair orange? It's so cute." I say ruffling his hair. "Just recently." He says running his fingers through it fixing what I did to it. I laugh at him and he pouts again. 

"Where do we start?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders. "Why are you here? How are your parents?" "They're good, actually the reason I'm here is because I just moved." He tells me and I squeal in excitement, "calm down okay. I'll be going to your school now. And the university nearby as well later on." "That's so great! Now we can see each other every day!" I freak out jumping in my seat. 

"So, what about you? Why were those girls hurting you? Are you okay?" He asks me. "I'm fine, and to be honest I don't know. They hurt me before but not so bad. It was because Yoongi and I were close and they told me not to hurt him." I explain and my face darkens just thinking about it. He lifts up my chin and smiles. I smile back and sigh. 

"Yoongi, is a guy who is pretty special. We have...had a thing actually, I don't know, everything was fine but then Joonho told him to stay with me or leave, not to just have a thing because it means nothing. I got pretty mad at Joonho for saying that since everything was fine but then this morning Yoongi told me to leave him alone. Then you came." I explain everything that recently happened the past three weeks. 

"Wow, it's been a little dramatic for you. I wanna meet this Yoongi." He says. I shake my head, "that doesn't seem like a good idea." I tell him. "Why?" "You'll beat him up, or something." I say and he laughs at me. "Come on, let's go back to school." He says grabbing my hand, pulling me up. "I thought we were skipping." I say. "I wouldn't let you skip in actuality. Let's go." He replies and we walk back to school. 

*****

When I went home last night I felt awful, and also so sad and angry at her brother. Why did he have to be so difficult? Everything was perfectly fine, we were happy but not anymore. As I was walking to school I saw bora but kept walking. She stops me but I tell her to leave me alone and leave. I feel so bad, I hurt her. I could see in her eyes that she was so upset when I said that to her. 

At school I couldn't sit still in class I was worried about bora. When I saw her in the morning she looked awful, not just because I hurt her but she looked as if she'd cried for a long time. Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks redder than normal. I asked to go to the washroom and left the room as fast as I could. I went to her home room and saw a few girls kicking her and beating her while she was on the ground holding onto her stomach. Her eyes are tearing up and she soon starts crying. My heart breaks into pieces watching this, she shouldn't be treated like that. 

I told her I would protect her and she wouldn't be hurt when I was around but I left her and broke that promise. Why am I such an awful human being? As I'm about to rush into the room and stop them I see they've already stopped. I look closer and see an orange haired, handsome boy pull her up. They walk towards the door and exit going to the nurses room. Out of curiosity I follow them, keeping my distance. 

Once they leave the nurses room she jumps into his arms, pinches his cheeks and kisses him. What? Who is this guy? It can't be a relative because they look nothing alike. She grabs his hand and they walk out of the school hand in hand. WTF!

*****
Jimin and I return to the school right when the bell rings for second period. "What are your classes?" I ask him. "English, French, history, and gym." He tells me. "Woah, all the same but gym of course." He smiles and we walk to class. When we get there I realize I sit next to Yoongi, and we can't change the seating plan we made. I reluctantly sit down next to him while Jimin talks to the teacher about his move and his classes. 

Class finished quickly and I dash out the door for lunch, without realizing Yoongi was waiting to talk to me. 

*****
I want to talk to her so bad, but I think I made everything so much worse this morning. I will talk to her. I just don't know when and what I'll say. I look up and see the boy who was with her this morning come up to me. 

"You're new?" I ask. "You're Yoongi?" He asks back. How does he know my name? I nod my head and he smiles, holding out his hand. "I'm Park Jimin." I shake his head and smile a bit. I'm not sure I like him. "Don't worry, you'll like me. I know things about bora." He adds on. I'm taken by surprise, does he know how to read minds? 

We go to the cafeteria and he tells me how him and bora are best friends since birth. He also says that she's upset with me but more upset with her brother. I smile inwardly knowing she is more mad at her brother for saying things. "But, you should really apologize for what happened this morning, I know bora and she won't hold a grudge. The way she talks about you with a twinkle in her eye I know she won't hold a grudge on someone who makes her so happy." Jimin tells me as we sit down with our food.

"Really? She likes me that much." I say, a little bit too excited. "Woah, calm down. She did before you made her sad." He says and I frown, "you know what I'll text her now and you can apologize." I shake my head but he already sends her a text. 

A few minutes she shows up and greets Jimin, then turns to me. "Hey Yoongi." She says softly, probably afraid I'll say something rude again. I stand up, grab her wrist and bring her to the school gardens. Jimin smiling behind us. 

I stand in front of her and don't know what to say anymore, we stand still for a minute before I sigh. "I'm sorry," I start, making her look up at me, "I don't know why I thought it mattered what your brother said. I didn't realize how much I liked you until you weren't with me. And I felt awful after what I did, I should've stayed with you. Especially with what happened this morning, I broke my promise and I'm truly sorry." 

She smiles and pecks my cheek. 

*click*

"You're forgiven, this time. Next time don't listen to a word my brother says." I feel my cheeks get hot and nod my head. "And don't worry, they didn't hurt me too bad. I'm fine, and feel much better now." She adds and grabs my hand bringing me back to Jimin.

*click*

 We sit down and Jimin sends a wink to me. I mouth a thank you and he nods his head smiling. 

*****
Yoongi apologized and he was really sweet about it. He even said sorry for breaking his promise and that really touched me and made me forgive him. We sit back at the table and eat lunch. 

"So, you don't hate him anymore?" Jimin asks, "not scared I'll beat him up?" "I never hated him and you're still not going to, are you?" I reply. He laughs and ruffles my hair. 

- Please leave comments and subscribe. Thank you ;)