Chapter 31

White flowers

The next few weeks fly by since it’s the end of the school year and there’s not much to do. Today is the last day of actual classes before exams for 4 days straight. I wake up and get changed, then head out the door to find yoongi sitting on my porch. “Hey you,” I say, nudging him and sitting down next to him. He looks over at me and smiles. “How long have you been sitting here?” I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders and stands up. “Doesn’t matter,” he replies, “we should go to school.” I get up and we walk in silence to school. 

 

We get to school and I head to my classes without yoongi, at lunch I don’t see him either. I don’t think much of it because I’m too busy studying for my exams. Finally I head to my math class at the end of the day and notice that yoongi didn’t show up for class. That’s just weird. I impatiently fidget throughout class and when the bell rings I run to my locker. He’s not there. Jimin comes up to me smiling. 

 

“Do I see a happy jimin?” I ask, smiling back at him. He nods his head. “Jungkook asked me to move in with him. And I know you’re going to say we haven’t dated long but damnnnn this boy is killing me. He’s so great!” He exclaims. “Aw I’m so happy for you two. I haven’t even seen yoongi all day, have you?” He shakes his head. I sigh and close my locker after grabbing my books from it. 

 

Jimin walks me home and I go straight up to my room to do some homework. A few hours later I finish all my homework and have nothing to do. I realize I legit have no friends other than yoongi’s friends which is kind of sad. I can’t even go out anywhere, I’ll look like a loner. 

 

I decide that I don’t care what people think and I head to a coffee shop to do some more studying. The smell of coffee, cookies and cakes is overwhelming so I buy a cup of coffee and chocolate cake. I sit down in a booth and study. 

 

Someone sits down across from me and I look up from my notes. Yoongi. I really want to interrogate him on why he was MIA all day, but decide against it and let him explain if he wants to. He looks up at me and sighs. “What’s up?” I ask him. “I’m stressed for exams...spent all day at home studying. No matter how much I go over everything it just doesn’t seem logical.” He responds. “I can help you with math, but other than that I can’t do much” He smiles at me and agrees, but first he goes to grab a cup of coffee for himself. 

 

We spend two hours going over math homework, lessons and past quizzes. Finally I sigh and give up, drained from so much studying. We pack up our stuff and head back to my house. “Joonho isn’t here tonight, want to sleep over?” I ask yoongi. He nods his head and I take his hand. He follows me inside and we go up to my room. I push him onto my bed and climb on top of him. I start kissing him and he puts his hands around my neck pulling me closer. I take off his shirt and admire his body. He laughs snapping his fingers in front of my face. 

 

“You’re like mesmerized by how I look” he says. “You’re hot” I respond laughing. I take off my shirt and he flips me over so he’s on top. He slowly begins kissing my neck, leaving a bunch of hickeys behind. We continue kissing and he lays down next to me. I peck his lips and smile. “I love you Min Yoongi” He smiles and touches my neck where he’s left hickeys. “Joonho will murder me if he sees this,” he says. I laugh, and he ruffles my hair. “I’ll be sure to cover it with makeup tomorrow morning” I get up and head to the bathroom to take a shower and change into my pajamas. When I finish, yoongi just strips since he has no clothes here anyways and lays in bed in just his boxers. I snuggle up next to him and fall asleep. 

 

****

 

When I wake up bora is on the totally opposite side of the bed. I smile to myself and head to the bathroom. I freshen up a bit, then put my clothes from yesterday on and make my way back to my apartment. Once there I take a shower and change into an oversized shirt and shorts. I eat some waffles for breakfast, then namjoon walks out of his bedroom. “You weren’t here last night” he points out, smiling at me. “Nope, bora and I hung out and studied among other things,” I respond. He grins and hits my arm playfully. 

 

“I’m gonna head our now, make sure you’re not late for your exam today” I say and walk to school. 

 

****

 

When I wake up I notice yoongi isn’t here anymore, he probably had to get clothes and his notes for todays exam. I get changed into a black crop top with white ripped shorts, and eat some cereal. I grab my bag and head to school.

 

I meet up with all of the guys in the cafeteria where they’re all discussing their exams. I nudge hoseok and he starts asking me a bunch of questions relating to our civics exam. He seems more prepared than I am. 

 

At nine o’clock our exam starts and lasts about two hours. Once completed hoseok and I decide to go downtown and relax for a bit before we have to study for tomorrow’s exam. We head to an ice cream shop and get cones. He gets mint chocolate and I get mango flavoured. We sit on a bench outside, relax and eat our ice cream. 

 

****

 

The next few exams fly by as they’re relatively easy for me, and once math is over and done with I’m relieved. Bora and I walk home hand in hand, she drops off her stuff at her house and we make our way to my apartment. We go inside and she jumps onto the couch. “I can’t believe we’re finally done, only one more year to go!” She exclaims. I laugh and sit next to her. She rests her head on my lap and sighs. “What’s wrong?” I ask her. 

 

She looks up at me, and I give her a small smile. “What do you think we should do this summer? I definitely need to get a job, or I won’t be able to pay for university. But I want us to go away on a vacation too,” she explains. “Ohhh, that makes sense. Well let’s worry about getting a job and making money first. Maybe near the end of simmer we can go away for a week somewhere,” I respond. 

 

Namjoon comes home from his exam and sits on the chair adjacent to us. “Finally done,” he says, “I don’t know if I told you guys but Jin and I are leaving next week for Japan. We’re gonna stay there for about a month this summer.” Bora’s mouth drops open and I close it for her. Namjoon laughs. “I got rich parents,” he explains. 

 

As they’re bickering about money and vacations, I hear a knock on the door. I walk over and open it. My whole body freezes up in shock. Jihyun smiles at me. “Min Yoongi, I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed you.”