Ten

White flowers

The following weeks I've been feeling as if I'm being followed by someone but it turns out to be nothing every time. I don't tell anyone since they'll just worry about me. Schools done but I have practice for soccer now. I made the team and we're practicing for the first game of the season. Practice has messed up my school work but not a lot. 

We start warming up on the field when the boys soccer team runs on the field. "What are you boys doing here?" Our coach asks them. "Coach is sick, we decided to play a game against the girls, see how they've progressed." Their team captain tells her. She nods her head and after the warm up we start the game. 

Because I'm the team captain I shake hands with the guy across from me. "Good luck, you'll need it. Shorty." He says roughly shaking my hand. We play the game and sadly lose but it was expected. The guys play rougher than us and they're well ...guys. 

I take a shower and change back to my black jeans and white adidas hoodie. As I leave the changing rooms I find Yoongi, Namjoon and Jimin waiting for me. "Hey boys." I say and they all smile. We start walking but someone yelling makes us stop. "Hey shorty!" The boys team captain yells. I turn around and am met with a soccer ball to my face. 

I feel a hot liquid pour out of my nose. "Oh my god, bora." Namjoon starts freaking out. "Tilt your head back." Yoongi tells me and I do as he says. Namjoon runs off after the guy to confront him while Yoongi holds my face in this position. A few seconds later Namjoon comes back and freaks out again. "What do we do! It's just pouring out of her!" He shouts. "We'll take her to our place and deal with it." Yoongi calmly says. "It doesn't look too good." Jimin comments and I roll my eyes at him. 

We get to their apartment and I sit down on the couch, Namjoon gives me a towel to hold by my nose and an ice pack. Yoongi makes me hot chocolate and places it in my hands while he holds the towel for me. "You need sugars or you'll go into shock. Are you okay? You've lost a lot of blood." He says. "I'm a little dizzy." I admit and he rubs my head with his free hand. 

A while later the bleeding stops and I drink the hot cocoa. Now my white sweater is ruined and covered in blood. "Feeling better?" Namjoon asks me. I nod my head. "I'm gonna have a huge bruise now." "Who was that guy anyway?" Yoongi asks. "The captain of the boys soccer team, he's pretty rude. We just played a game against them and lost. He likes calling me shorty." I explain. 

They leave me alone on the couch to rest after Jimin gave me his hoodie he was wearing. "You'll be okay." He says, before kissing my forehead and going to sleep with Namjoon in his room. I fall asleep. 

*****

The next day I find bora still asleep on the couch, I decide to let her stay home today. She might feel a bit dizzy from the loss of blood and with the impact the ball hit her she'll have a huge headache for sure. Maybe even a concussion but I hope not. I write a note and put it on the fridge telling her to stay home and I'll talk to her brother. Namjoon and I go to school. Jimin already left earlier than us so I don't worry about him. 

*****

I open my eyes feeling slightly dizzy but most of all I have a migraine. That stupid captain and his stupid soccer ball. Why would he even do that? I might be short to him but he has a baby face that I really want to punch now. I sit up and go to the kitchen, I find a sticky note on the fridge saying I should stay home. From Yoongi of course. 

I drink some orange juice and eat a bagel before going to take a shower. I grab sweatpants and a shirt, once I see my face in the mirror I freak out. How do I look so ugly now? My nose is very bruised same as my cheeks, at least above my nose I'm okay but still. I punch the mirror in frustration imagining it's that captains face. "Bora!" Yoongi calls. I turn my head to the sound of his voice and see him in the doorway of the bathroom. 

He pulls me out and washes my injured hand, taking the glass out of it. "You really need to be careful." He tells me. "Did you see what that jerk did to my face?" I shout. He flinches but nods his head. I lightly touch his shoulder and sigh. "I'm sorry Yoongi, I'm just upset." "Go take a shower and I'll wrap it up afterwards." He replies and goes to the living room. Is he mad? I'm the stupid one here though so it makes sense. 

I quickly shower and change with my hand in searing pain. I return to the living room with wet hair and sit next to Yoongi on the couch. He pours some sort of chemical on my hand which stings but I decide to not react to it. He then wraps my hand and turns to face me. "I'm sorry." I say and he looks confused. "Don't be sorry, I'm not mad. I'm just a little worried about you, you keep hurting yourself. How can I protect you from things if you're the one hurting yourself?" He does have a point. I nod my head. "Okay, I'll be careful." 

"Now go dry your hair or you'll get a cold." He says and I go back to the bathroom. After drying my hair I put it up and go to the living room but Yoongi is gone. My phone vibrates and I see it's a text from him. 'Lunch was over I have to go back to class, sorry.' I smile and send an 'it's okay' back. I decide to rest some more but the couch is so uncomfortable. I go to Yoongi's room and drift asleep in his bed. 

*****
After school finished I decided to talk to Joonho, I asked if bora could stay with us for a few nights and he said it was totally fine. He seemed really excited which was kind of weird but I ignored it, does he not know we're just friends? I went back home and saw bora wasn't on the couch anymore. 

Namjoon walks out of the bathroom and smirks at me. "She's sleeping in your room, let's just leave her there." He tells me. I nod my head and sit on the couch. Later that night bora wakes up and comes to sit on the couch with me. She rests her head in my lap and looks up at me. 

"How are you feeling?" I ask her. "Better, I'll go to school tomorrow just cause I missed work." "I told your brother that you're staying here a few nights, if you want?" She nods her head and smiles. "Sleepover!" She exclaims and Namjoon runs in the room. "Sleepover?" He asks her. She nods her head smiling widely. 

It's funny how she calls it a sleepover and before when she slept here it was different. I'm having the slightest feeling she enjoys us better as friends than a real thing. I am a little bothered by this but maybe she doesn't feel the same way yet and I know for sure that I don't know what I'm feeling. 

*****

Yoongi has been thinking a lot from what I see and I'm really curious what it is. Namjoon cuddles up next to me on the ground, we placed blankets on the ground and moved the coffee table aside for more room. I grab a pillow and hug it while resting my back against the couch. "What do you two want to watch?" Yoongi asks us. "A horror." Namjoon suggests. Yoongi turns his head to look at me and I shrug. "It's fine with me." 

He turns on a movie called The Conjuring, and turns out it's really creepy. The mom gets possessed by a demon/spirit thing and tries to kill her kids. Namjoon is clinging onto my arm throughout the movie and when a pop up comes he throws the popcorn up in the air. Yoongi just sits motionless next to me, I guess he doesn't get frightened very easily. 

By the end of the movie Namjoon is asleep on the floor, I smile and pull a blanket over him. Then I turn to Yoongi. "You're fine with us as friends, right?" I ask him. "Huh? Yeah, the last few weeks have been fun. And so was tonight." He replies not looking at me. "Okay." I say climbing under some, blankets and grabbing a pillow to lay on, "goodnight." I soon fall asleep. 

The next morning we all head to school together except Namjoon who claims the movie traumatized him and he has to rest. Yoongi, Jimin and I are walking around the halls when the captain of the boys soccer team comes up to us. We stop walking. "Hey shorty. Nice face." He says smiling. Why does he look so cute when he smiles? Omg I can't think of this he's a jerk. 

I glare at him and respond. "Thanks, want me to fix yours too?" He looks taken aback but continues. "Can I talk to you for a second shorty? Alone." He asks me. "Why would I talk to you?" He leans in and whispers something in my ear, my face freezes and I stand still. I nod my head at him and he takes my hand that isn't hurt. 

*****

When this captain guy came I was worried for bora, he hurt her and her nose still had to recover properly. Yoongi glances at me but I just shrug. The guy whispers something inaudible to me and Yoongi; in her ear and she stops moving, her face freezes and she nods her head when he pulls away from her. He grabs her hand and they walk away. 

What did he say to her? It must've been something really personal for her to react like that. I call Joonho. "Yeah Jimin, what's up?" "Uhm, are you okay? Have you heard from your parents recently?" "Huh? No, why would I? Jimin, what's wrong?" "Ah, it's nothing. I was just curious, oh haha it's nothing. I have to get to class. Bye." I hang up and go to class early. 

- oh boy, what did he tell her? And who is he? Any guesses who the mysterious captain is?