Fourteen

White flowers

A few weeks pass and not much has happened except boring school. Jungkook and I are now close friends, I'm still not talking to Yoongi and he's still ignoring me. And it's almost winter vacation. Just one more week of school. I change into black jeans and a white hoodie, with my timberlands. The weather is pretty cold these days and on Mondays I'm always more cold than usual. Someone knocks on the door and I go to open it. 

Nari jumps into my arms screaming my name. "Woah, what is going on?" I ask her.  "I haven't seen you in so long." She exclaims. Okay? Something must be going on. She never acts like this. I pull her inside and sit her at the bar while I get her a drink. "What's going on? Tell me the truth." I demand. She looks at me with her guilty face and I frown. "What?" I begin to get frustrated. 

"Yifan just transferred to our school." She says quickly. "Say that again. Yifan. Wu Yifan! The one. Are you sure?" "Ugh, I know it's bad." She says hiding her face in her hands. 

Yeah, Yifan was the only boyfriend I had. We were 14 and in grade 8, it didn't really mean anything to me. To him, I was his everything. He was overprotective and he wanted to do everything with me. I wasn't allowed to do anything without him. I admit he's really handsome. But once he moved to China after that school year I was so happy. Now he's back three years later and I don't know what he wants. 

"Well it gets worse." She starts, "him and Tao transferred. The weird sidekick of his." "Why would he come here? It's been a few years and he lived in China. He's gonna ruin everything." I tell her and she just nods her head. 

We soon head to school and run into Yoongi on the way of course. "Yah Yoongi!" Nari yells. He turns around shocked to see both of us. "I set you two up to date not ignore each other." She tells him and pushes him next to me. Why Nari? Why now? She walks a bit ahead of us while we're stuck next to each other. "Not forgetting your phone again?" Yoongi whispers in my ear and I stiffen. He hasn't talked to me in so long, it's so nice hearing his voice again. I stop walking and pull him in for a hug. 

He freezes but soon wraps his arms around my waist. "I missed you." I whisper and he tightens his hold around me. Nari turns around and smiles at me. I smile back but it soon fades when I spot Yifan stepping out of a car by the school. I let go of Yoongi and he smiles slightly. "Let's get to school." I tell him and he nods his head. We continue walking with Nari next to me on the other side now. 

We walk down the path to the front doors of the school when someone shouting my name makes me stop in my tracks. "Lee Bora." I slowly turn around to see Yifan now in front of me. Woah, he got more handsome but it doesn't change anything. "Wu Yifan?" I slightly ask. Yet I know it's him for sure. He nods his head and smiles. 

"It's only been a few years but I missed you so much and you're just so beautiful." He tells me. I smile awkwardly and reply. "You're not too bad yourself." He chuckles and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Always the funny one, you were." He says, "let's go to class." "What?" I ask. "I have the same classes as you." He tells me. "All?" He nods his head again. Ugh, great. 

"Sorry Yifan. Bora and I really have to go do something before class. We'll see you later." Nari interferes. "Wow. Nari you changed." He says looking her top to bottom his eyes lingering at certain areas. Taehyung quickly appears and wraps his arm around her shoulders. "Don't stare too long. She's mine." He says. "Ah,  boyfriend I'm sure. Don't worry not my type at all." Yifan assures him looking back to me. 

"Well bye." I say grabbing Nari and Yoongi's hands, pulling them inside. "We really need to talk." Yoongi tells me. "Oh Yoongi. That's bora's ex stupid boyfriend Wu Yifan." Nari explains. Yoongi looks at me confused since I told him I've never dated before. "Yeah, we really need to talk." He says. "We will. But not now. After school." I say and he agrees. 

I head to first period and find Jimin. I tell him about Yifan and he seems worried, as usual. "And yoongi?" He asks me. "We still need to talk but things are getting better now." I reply. Then Yifan walks in and sits right behind me. Great. 

Class begins and it turns out we have a long lecture. Throughout the lecture Yifan keeps tapping my back and it ticks me off. I really want to turn around and yell at him but I can't sadly. The lecture finally passes and goes to the back of my mind. Class isn't over for a bit so Jimin and I just talk. Until Yifan taps my back again. I turn around and snap at him. "What?" He smiles at me. 

"You're so cute." He says and I roll my eyes. "Do you have anything to say?" I ask him. "No, I just wanted to see your beautiful face." "Cheesy." I respond and turn back to Jimin. Class finishes and I find Yoongi waiting for us as usual. "Well, I gotta go guys. I have an appointment, see you at lunch." Jimin says leaving me with Yoongi. "Let's go?" I smile at him and he gives me his half smile. We walk to class together and like always sit next to one another. 

The French teacher gives us another partner presentation. "Bora, wanna be my partner?" Yifan asks me. I turn around and shake my head. "I'm already with Yoongi." Yifan goes to talk to the teacher. "He'll probably want to be a group of three which wouldn't work. I can't believe this presentation we have to hug the person at the end and kiss their cheek. So awkward this is not normal French." I tell Yoongi. "They always kiss each other's cheeks in France you know." He replies. "You know what I mean." I say and we both laugh. 

Yifan returns and smiles at me. "You're my partner now." He says. "What?" I exclaim looking at him and then Yoongi. "I told the teacher I knew you and it's more comfortable. I don't know anyone else here." He explains. "You know Jimin." I reply. He shrugs his shoulders. "Let's get to work partner." He says taking my hand. I turn back to Yoongi with a pleading face. "It's okay." He whispers and I nod my head going to sit next to Yifan. 

The whole period we get nothing done as all he does is talk to me about what he did in China and how much he missed me. The bell rings for lunch and I quickly grab my bag heading out the door with Yoongi. We run into Jimin and drag him to the cafeteria with us. 

The rest of the day passes by with not as much drama as this morning. Probably because I had two people with me to keep Yifan away. I go to my locker and when I'm finished go to the front of the school to wait for Yoongi. We really need to talk about lots of stuff. Of course Yifan shows up once again. Yoongi comes and stands next to me. 

"I have to go Yifan. Bye." I tell him grabbing Yoongi's arm. "Bora. You can't run from me forever, remember we're still dating." He yells after me. I turn around shocked by what he said and it comes to me. I never got to break up with him since he moved unexpectedly. He must've cared so much that he didn't say bye or anything. What a jerk, he probably planned this. He smirks and I roll my eyes. "Yifan, I officially break up with you. Bye." I tell him and turn around walking away with Yoongi. 

We get home and he turns to me crossing his legs on the couch like he always did. How I missed this. I tell him about my mother and why I had to date Jungkook, why he couldn't know or he'd get hurt. He totally understands and forgives me for all of that. 

*****

I'm glad she tried to protect me but I would've wanted to know the truth. I forgive her for that of course, otherwise I wouldn't be here. "So, Yifan?" I ask. She sighs. "I may have not been completely honest about dating. We did date in grade eight but it meant nothing to me. That's why I didn't tell you. Only he cared and was overprotective. Then he moved to China without a word so I never got to dump him." She explains to me. "Oh, well I don't think he's the type to accept this very well." I tell her and she nods her head. 

A knock on the door interrupts us and she goes to open it. A Chinese boy is standing there. He looks like a panda, weird. I turn my gaze back to my phone.  "Tao." I hear her say but before I can turn to her my world goes dark. 

- uh oh, what's gonna happen next? You'll find out soon. Thanks for subscribing ;)