Chapter 32

White flowers

I look over to yoongi who’s standing frozen in place holding the front door open. Then I look to namjoon who quickly stands up walking to yoongi and the girl. “Wow, I never thought I’d see you again,” namjoon says to the girl. She smiles and looks over at me. She’s gorgeous. Her long black hair is wavy and flows down her back, she’s wearing a short red dress with heels and her makeup is perfectly done. “And you are?” She asks, I stand up and head over, glancing at yoongi who’s still just standing in place. I shake her hand. “I’m Bora, yoongi’s-“ “Friend,” yoongi finishes my sentence. 

 

I look over at him shocked, I have no idea why he would say that. Unless he’s ashamed of me. The girl smiles and nods her head. “My names Jihyun. I guess you could say I’m a friend of yoongi as well,” she responds. Yoongi turns to me, and grabs my hand, pulling me over to the kitchen while namjoon and jihyun sit down in the living room. “Are you okay?” I ask him. He nods his head. “Do you mind just going home? I’ll drop by later to explain. I’m sorry,” he says. “Oh...alright. I guess I’ll see you later,” I respond and without a backward glance I leave. 

 

I decide to go for a long walk so I can process my thoughts before I head home. I just don’t understand why Yoongi is acting this way, I don’t remember ever seeing this girl either. My walk ends up being several hours long and before I know it, the sun is setting. Rather than going home to face Yoongi if he comes, I head to Jimin’s apartment. He opens the door with a smile, and I break down crying. 

 

****

 

After Bora leaves I go to the living room and sit down across from Jihyun. “What are you doing here?” I ask her. “Yoongi, did you really think I wouldn’t come see how you were doing after all this time. I wanted to come back right after it happened but I knew it wasn’t good for me. And I’m sorry I put you through hell,” she responds. “What happened was over a year ago, I didn’t expect you to come back at all,” I say. She looks at me, with guilt and sadness in her eyes. “I’m still in love with you,” she tells me. 

 

My mind is racing a million miles an hour. I don’t even know what to think, seeing Jihyun again looking healthy and just beautiful is making me really confused. I love Bora, but a small part of me still loves Jihyun. I don’t know what to do now. 

 

****

 

Jimin brings me into his apartment and gives me a long, comforting hug. We go to the kitchen and Jungkook comes over bringing me a tub of ice cream. I give him a questioning look. “I heard that when girls are sad they eat ice cream,” he says. He hands me a spoon and I sit down on the bar chair and dig in. Jimin gives me a tissue and sits down next to me. After eating lots of ice cream I tell them what happened earlier today. 

 

They’re both confused and don’t know who this girl is either. Which makes sense since they only just became friends with Yoongi this past school year. I really need to talk to Namjoon or Taehyung, but I know the only person who can explain everything is Yoongi. 

 

****

 

Jihyun doesn’t stay for long because she understands that I have no idea what to do with the information she gave me. I know I need to talk to Bora but I decide to wait until tonight to give her some time as well. I go to Namjoon’s room and sit on his bed. “What’s on your mind?” He asks me. I lay down and look up at the ceiling. “Everything,” I respond. 

 

I’m honestly glad it’s summer vacation right now, if this happened during the school year I would be so stressed. And I am stressed, but more for Bora than for myself and my problems. “I keep thinking of when I first met Bora and how I was so scared to date her because she’d end up like Jihyun. She’s obviously not like that, but when she kept getting herself hurt to protect me it brought up the past in my head. And now she’s back, and I haven’t even had the chance to explain my past to Bora at all,” I tell him. 

 

Namjoon walks over to the bed and lays down next to me. “I think you should calm down a bit. You’ve got some time to think about what’s going on. Honestly I think you should tell Bora everything, and maybe have an open and honest conversation with Jihyun as well,” he explains. I nod my head and stand up, going back to my room. 

 

****

 

After talking things through with Jimin and jungkook I decide to head home and change into some sweatpants and a crop top. I lay down on my bed thinking of everything that happened today. Boy, am I glad it’s summer! But the drama is just overwhelming. 

 

All of a sudden I hear a rock hit my window and I know Yoongi has come. I open the window and see him standing below, he climbs up and into my room. I make my way over to my bed and sit down, he follows sitting down next to me. 

 

“I need to tell you about my past, even though I may not be completely ready for it. It seems like the right thing to do, plus you deserve the truth,” he begins, I nod my head. 

 

“It happened over a year ago, the summer before grade 10 I met Jihyun. She was my best friend, and later became my girlfriend. She had a rough childhood and past which I could sympathize with since I don’t have contact with my parents. She understood me. One day we went to a party and ended up drinking and doing drugs. After this, that’s all we did together, because of our damaged pasts, we found solace in each other and drugs at the same time. This went on for a few months into grade 10 until Namjoon managed to snap me out of it. He helped me get back on track like he always does. I stopped doing drugs, and I wanted to help Jihyun but I just couldn’t. She was constantly using and it got to the point where she would hurt herself, by cutting and burning herself to rid herself of the pain from her past. One day after school I went to go visit her, she hadn’t been to school for several days and I was worried. I found her in her bathroom, next to an empty bottle of pills, and both her wrists were slit. I immediately called 911 when I noticed she was still breathing. They told me I saved her life, but to me it seemed like all my fault, that I didn’t try hard enough to help her when she needed me. She left after she was discharged and I never saw her again.” 

 

I have no idea what to do with this information, I knew Yoongi wasn’t on speaking terms with his parents. He told me that when we got to know each other, but all of this stuff with Jihyun I had no idea. The only thing I can think of doing is to comfort him so I pull him close to me and put my face in the crook of his neck. 

 

After a while I pull away and hold his face in both of my hands. He gives me a small smile and pecks my lips. “You don’t have to say anything. I’ll let you think and you can let me know when you’re ready to talk,” he tells me. I nod my head. He stands up and hugs me tightly as I take in his scent. I wish he would stay with me and we could forgot about all of this. But it’s like Pandora’s box has been opened and I don’t have a way of closing it.

 

A/N: Hey lovelies, I hope you're enjoying my continuation of the story. Let me know what you think so far:)