Chapter 2

A Change?

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

 

I was tired and drowsy so I did not reject him. He was in fact really gentle with me. Maybe being with a playboy doesn’t seem so bad after all. When he stopped over at my apartment, I felt him tapping my shoulders to wake me up.

He went over to my side and helped me open the car door. Then he put my arms around his shoulders and supported me to my door step. After which, he opened the doors to my apartment and placed me gently on my bed.

I could feel him using a warm towel to wipe my face and hands and tugged me under my blanket. He then whispered to me softly, “Sleep well.” and kissed me gently on my forehead. My heart fluttered and I felt at ease. He was about to leave when I got up and grabbed his arms.

“Don’t go. Please. Don’t leave me alone.” I begged him. I was unsure of my actions. But one thing for sure, I did not want to be left alone tonight. My heart needs someone to be there for me, to love me for who I am, and not what I have.

Kyuhyun lied beside me and hugged me while caressing my hair. I felt something that I haven’t felt for years, this feeling of assurance and security. Even if I know this wouldn’t last long, it’s fine.

 

[Flashback]

 

“Oppa! Where are we going?” I asked.

“Seobaby, we’re going to the beach! It has been so long since we’ve been there, and you’re finally done with your exams, we can finally spend some quality time together!” Yonghwa exclaimed.

I smiled. My first love, he has never failed to give me this heartwarming feeling. I could never find another. I thought to myself.

“Let’s go!” I replied excitedly.

“Wait for me, let me get the car first!” Yonghwa said.

I stood at the entrance of my apartment waiting for Yong to get me. It was then I heard a loud crashing sound and people were crowding around this person who was badly injured. I ran over to see what the commotion was about, and to my horror, it was Yong who was lying there, in a pool of blood. I was shocked and horrified, and could hardly scream out his name. All I know was that my tears kept flowing down.

[End of Flashback]

 

I woke up crying again. This dream has been haunting me for years. It made me so weak all the time, and the guys whom I have dated would freaked out when they find me crying in the middle of the night.

It was then I felt someone hugging me tightly. Kyuhyun…he’s still here.

“You alright?” He asked me.

“Yeah, just the same nightmare. I’m fine already, do you want to go back?” I said coldly.

He was taken aback by the tone of my voice and said “Alright, if you need anything, feel free to call me anytime.”

Kyuhyun took his coat and left.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.