Chapter 18

A Change?

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

I put on the black mini dress and heels he prepared for me and took a deep breath while looking in the mirror. “Hyun, are you ready?” Jong-hoon knocked the door and asked. I opened the door and realized him staring at me and the outfit I wore. He offered me his arms and I took it.

“So, what’s my job over there?” I asked him in the car. “Nothing, just be yourself and mingle around with the guests. You will know when we get there.” He smirked. I don’t feel good about this.

We walked through the entrance of the grand ballroom and all eyes were on us. Jong-hoon introduced me to the big shots of other companies, while we were in the midst of a conversation, someone approached us. “Hi Jong-hoon-sshi, I would like you to meet one of my capable lawyer, Cho Kyuhyun.” He introduced. I froze on the spot when I heard his name. I was afraid to turn back and face him, but Jong-hoon pulled my hand and turned me around to greet them.

“Nice to meet you Mr Kim.” Jong-hoon said. “Nice to meet you too, Mr Cho.” He added. “Hyun, meet Mr Kim, one of our partners.” I reluctantly shook hands with him and Kyuhyun, whom I tried to avoid looking in the eyes. I could feel Kyuhyun staring at me in disbelief.

While Jong-hoon was attending to other guests, Kyuhyun came over and pulled my arms. “We need to talk.” He brought me out of the ballroom, without letting my hand go. “What are you doing here with him?” He questioned me impatiently. “You left me, for him?!”

“It’s none of your business Kyu. You just have to move on and lead your own life.” I said coldly. “And see your life get destroyed by him?”Kyuhyun said. “Of course not, he is rich and has a good family background. He loves me. Why not?” I was shaking in fear trying to hide my emotions. “Seo, look, he’s not for you. Are you hiding something behind my back?” He continued to press on for an answer he could accept.

Before I could reply his question, I heard someone calling my name. “Seohyun-sshi, Jong-hoon-sshi is looking for you.” I turned to Kyuhyun and said, “Sorry, I don’t think it’s appropriate to carry on this conversation.” Then I turned and returned to the ballroom.

As I entered the ballroom, the lights were dimmed and suddenly, the spotlight was on me while I was making my way to the stage. My questions were answered when Jong-hoon started making an announcement.

“Everyone, please welcome my fiancée, Seo Joo-hyun.” He said proudly. I was shocked and because I was representing the company and couldn’t make a scene, I had to follow his instructions and proceed to the stage.  My mind went blank and all I could think of for that moment was Kyuhyun’s feelings. Did Jong-hoon purposely invite Kyuhyun to this dinner to make him jealous and give up?

Jong-hoon put his arms around my waist and I had to fidget around uncomfortably. I could see Kyuhyun’s expression clearly, shock and anger was written all over his face. I looked at him apologetically, and sighed. I’m gonna confront him when we get back.

When we were on the car back home, I questioned Jong-hoon. “What the hell was that for? Did you have everything well planned to let Kyuhyun witness this?” I said angrily. “Yeah, else, you couldn’t bear to tell him the truth don’t you? I’m just trying to make thing easier for you, Hyun.” He said. “Should I say thanks? You’re just inhuman.” I spat at him. Just then, I received a text from Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun: Where are you? Can you please talk things out with me? What is going on?

Me: Whatever you have seen, is the truth. All I can just say is, sorry.

Kyuhyun: Where are you? At least give me the chance to talk to you face to face.

Me: Sorry. Please move on and find your happiness too.

Kyuhyun: If you’re not going to explain to me, I will find things out my way.

 

I read his reply and sighed. There’s nothing I could do to make him understand, but on the other hand, I was worried about him wanting to find things out his way. What did he meant by that? 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry people, a short update. Been really busy with stuff lately! Thanks for reading! :)