Chapter 9

A Change?

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

The police came and Seohyun was brought to the hospital. My mind went blank, many scenarios were playing through my mind, of course I was hoping for the best, but I was also prepared for the worst. The doctor examined her and needed a blood transfusion. Luckily enough, my blood was suitable, and I begged the doctor to withdraw as much as possible.

Her condition stabilized and she was transferred to a normal ward. Thank God, really.

I informed her unnies and they came over immediately to take care of her. Meanwhile, I went outside of her room and sat down to rest since I was still weak from the blood transfusion. Just then, Taeyeon walked out.

“Kyuhyun-sshi, thanks for saving our Hyunnie. If it wasn’t for you, she could have been in a worse situation.” Taeyeon said.

“No, she was stabbed instead of me. I should have been stabbed instead.” I said guiltily.

“If it wasn’t for you, they could have done something worse, you know what I meant right.” Taeyeon tried to console me. “Honestly, after the death of Yonghwa, she was devastated. We thought she became stronger, but we were wrong.”

“Yeah, I was always there to witness them myself.” I said.

“And, I hope you can help her out. Or at least help us. If you get what I mean.” She smiled and walked back into the ward.

I definitely want to help her out, but the problem is, she doesn’t want my help. She kept pushing me away, what can I do to make her listen and stay?

“Ya Kyuhyun-ssi! Seohyun has regained her consciousness!” Yuri’s head popped out from the room. “Hurry and come in!” She smiled.

I felt relieved and went into the ward. She smiled to me weakly and it made my heart flutter. She’s smiling at me.

“It’s time for us to leave, Seohyunnie, we will come back tomorrow with lots of gogumas alright? Rest well and be cautious of your wound!” Tiffany said. The girls bid her farewell and I was left alone in the room with Seohyun. The atmosphere was awkward at first, so I decided to speak up. “You feeling better? You gave me shock just now.” I said softly.

“Yeah, I’m alright already.” She replied shortly. “Thank you Kyuhyun.” She suddenly said.

“Thank me for what? If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t be lying here right now.” I said.

“Anniyo, if it wasn’t for you, they would have taken advantage of me. It would be far worse than dying, not to say, being stabbed.” She smiled gently, and this reminded me of those days before Yonghwa’s death. She was so pure and innocent.

“Com’on, it’s time for you to sleep. You need to rest more. I will be outside so call me if you need anything.” I tugged her under the blankets and was about to leave the room when she gripped my wrist. “Sleep with me, you look really pale.” She insisted. I was touched by her gesture so I didn’t reject her. I was really tired so I immediately fell asleep not long later.

When I woke up, Seohyun was no longer beside me. Now where did she disappear to again?

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thanks for your comments people! I realized my chapters have been really short, been trying to lengthen the content but it would get boring. This chapter's pretty much a bore right? I will try to come up with something much more interesting for the next few chapters. Continue reading! :)