Chapter 16

A Change?

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I woke up with a major headache, but I had to report for work since I was meeting an important client in the afternoon. When I stepped into the office, I saw Seohyun packing up her stuff. “Seo, what are you doing?” I questioned her. “I’m changing another law firm, it would be better for the both us, by not meeting each other.” She said bluntly. “Let’s talk can we? At least give me a chance to make you stay.” I begged. “Kyu, you know when I have made up my mind, I won’t turn back anymore. You know me right.” She said. Then she took her stuff and left. What shocked me was, she actually got on someone’s car. I couldn’t see who, but he looked familiar.

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Sorry Kyu, please move on without me.” I whispered softly. I got on Jong-hoon’s car and he took me to his place. It wasn’t my first time here, since Yong-oppa brought me here when we were still together. It was a huge mansion which wasn’t surprising at all since his father was Korea’s Top Ten Entrepreneur. “Your room is just beside mine.” He smiled to me. His servants immediately took over the boxes I was carrying and also my luggage and brought them to my room. “Come with me first.” Jong-hoon took my hands. “Can’t we walk without holding hands? It’s not like I will run away right?” I snapped. “Alright alright, anything you say princess.” He smirked.

Urgh. I need to get out of this place soon. I need to come up with a plan.

He led me into this room which was full of photos. It was hung everywhere, but the scariest part was, all these photos had my face in it. I was freaked out by his obsession. “Aren’t you touched by looking at your photos here?” He said. “I really love you, even before you were together with Yonghwa. I have never dated any girls because of you. I only wanted you. Now, I finally have you.” He said proudly. “You were indeed freaking me out. Jong-hoon-oppa, we are not suitable for each other. I can’t give you the love you want.” I said coldly. “It’s okay, as long as you don’t go back to Cho Kyuhyun, you will slowly fall in love with me as time goes by.” He grinned.

“I’m tired, I want to rest now.”I said coldly. “Okay, let me send you to your room then.” Jong-hoon offered. “Goodnight, Hyun, I will see you tomorrow.” He said. I went back to my room and unpacked my stuff. I stared at the Keroro soft toy Kyu got for me when we were still together. I miss you Kyu, are you taking good care of yourself? I have to go back to his apartment to take the rest of the stuff I left there, I wonder if I would get to see him. I hugged the Keroro and fell asleep.

“Good morning, Hyun!” I heard someone calling me. I opened my eyes and found Jong-hoon’s face staring back at me. I got a shock and pushed him away. “YA, what are you doing in my room?!” I screamed at him. “Hey, you’re going to be my wife soon, why can’t I stare at you!” He said while smiling. I have to admit, if he wasn’t so scary and evil in the first place, he is actually quite a handsome chap. But I can never fall for someone like him. “Will I be going to work today?” I asked sheepishly. “Yeah, I’ve told the management you will be coming in around noon, you still have stuff to collect right? Judging from the amount of stuff you brought yesterday.” He said. “Yeah, I will drive back first, see you in the company later.” I answered plainly.

“I can send you back.” He said quietly. I knew he didn’t want me to have any contact with Kyu, but I don’t want Kyu to see me with him. It would hurt him more. “No, I can go back myself, if you’re worrying about that thing, you don’t have to.” I said clearly. “Okay…call me when you reach the company.” He said and left.

I washed up and prepared then drove over to Kyu’s place. When I opened the door to our room, I saw Kyu lying on the bed. It was weird as he should be reporting for work at this hour. I walked to the side of the bed and bend down, staring at his features…he looked so pale, it hurts my heart to see him like that. “Kyu…it’s time to get up for work.” I shook him gently. “Kyu…?” I touched his forehead and realized he was running a fever. “Urgh, what have you been doing lately? Don’t you take care of yourself?!”

I took a tub of ice water together with a cloth and placed it on his forehead, leaving him in the room to cook a pot of porridge for him. “Kyu, wake up and take your medicine.” I tapped him gently. He had a hard time opening his eyes, and when he did, he looked at me in surprise. “Seo? Seo!” And he pulled me to his body. “Please don’t leave me again. I need you.” My heart was beating so quickly, at the same time, hurting so much. “Kyuhyun-sshi, please let me go. I’m leaving after I collect the rest of my stuff.” I said coldly.

“Why won’t you give me a second chance?” Kyuhyun begged. “Why are you so cruel to me…You..you have never loved me right..Maybe it’s true, I’ve been deceiving myself all along.” Back facing him, tears welled up in my eyes, no, it’s not true, I wish I can tell you the truth. “Yeah…if that makes you feel better, it’s the truth.” I replied coldly. I left the room quickly before he could see my tears. I missed him so much, yet I hurt him so deeply.

When I was about to leave the house, Kyuhyun grabbed hold of my wrist and hugged me so tightly, I felt like I was suffocating, but I missed this feeling, which I may never get to feel it again. “Kyu..please. Don’t make this hard for us.” I cried. I could no longer control my emotions, I’m tired of being strong and cold towards him. It’s killing him, and me. “Then don’t leave me.” Kyu said weakly.

We went silent for a moment and I suddenly felt Kyuhyun’s body weight all on me. “Kyu? Kyu??” I shook him hard. He lost consciousness and I had to drag him to the bed. Gosh he was heavy. I had no choice but to take care of him, and Jong-hoon kept calling my phone since it was about time I reach the company.

Me: I won’t be able to make it today. Kyuhyun is sick. Sorry.

Jong-hoon: Have you forgotten what I’ve told you?

Me: No. But there’s no one to take care of him. I promise this will be the last time I’m meeting him.

Jong-hoon: I will take your words seriously. See you at home tonight Hyun.

I sighed. I went back to the room and helped Kyuhyun to change the towel. Unknowingly, I fell asleep while taking care of him.