Chapter 13

A Change?

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

“Hey…let’s go visit the street market.” I suggested. “Okay!” Seohyun smiled brightly to me. “You pretty girl…” I put my arms around her shoulders and made our way to the market. There were so many interesting things at the street market, and Seohyun was behaving like a little kid, as though it was her first time visiting a street market. “Do you want that Keroro? Should I get it for you?” And her eyes sparkled. “Kiss me a kiss on my cheek first!” I teased and pointed to my cheeks. “Ya oppa!” And she blushed madly. To my surprise, she really did kiss me, just that I was turning back to face her so her lips ended up on my lips instead of my cheeks.

“Ya! How can you cheat!” And she turned away from me, blushing. Kekeke!

“Here’s your keroro, let’s go!” I smiled widely and held her beautiful hands.

“Hi Hyun, it’s been so long since we’ve met.” Someone said.

Seohyun looked up and had a shocked and terrified expression on her face. “What..what are you doing here, Jong-hoon-sshi…” Seohyun said. “To relax of course…” Jong-hoon said. “Okay..Enjoy, I need to go now.” Seohyun tugged at my arms and pulled me with her.

“Hey…you alright?” I caressed her hair and pulled her closer to me. “Yeah…I’m fine. It’s just that I am reminded of Yonghwa-oppa. Sorry…” And she looked down. “Who’s that guy?” I asked casually. “He…he is Yonghwa-oppa’s best friend. However, after his death, he started to treat me differently, it made me uncomfortable.” Seohyun explained.

“Was that why you shifted house few months after Yonghwa’s death?”

“Yeah, he kept appearing over at my place asking me to be his girl. I was afraid.” She said with fear in her eyes. It was clear that she was really disturbed by that guy.

“Don’t worry, remember I told you I would protect you no matter what? Don’t let a stranger affect our holiday mood. Let’s go back now, they are waiting for us to start the barbeque party at the beach!” I said cheerfully. I took her hand and led her back.

 

[No one’s POV]

At a corner…

 

“Ha, Seo Joo-hyun, do you think it was a coincidence that you bumped into me here? Then you’re very wrong.” Jong-hoon smiled. “I have been looking around for you all this while, and I’ve finally found you. Not gonna let you slip away so easily this time round.”