Chapter 15

A Change?

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

It has been a month since Jong-hoon contacted me. I felt relieved since I can now go home without Kyuhyun having to send me home before returning back to work. However, I was proved wrong. It just had to be this day, I found Jong-hoon at my door step again. ‘Does he have a weird for standing at people’s door step?’ I wondered.

“Hi Seohyun-ah!” He smiled to me.

“Hi oppa, why are you here?” I asked.

“I have something to tell you.” He said. “Let’s go to the park over there.” And he pulled my hand over. He sat me down on the swing and suddenly, he took out a box and kneeled down. “Will you marry me, Seo Joo-hyun?”

“Wh..what?! Oppa this is not funny haha…” I said awkwardly. I was feeling scared, monitoring his reaction after I rejected his idea.

“I’m not kidding. Yonghwa wants me to take care of you…and…I have to do what he has instructed me to.” Jong-hoon said seriously.

“Kyuhyun has done a good job in taking care of me. You should go find your happiness too.” I said. I could see he was angered by my words.

“Really? I haven’t told you this before right, the main cause of Yonghwa’s death.” Jong-hoon grinned.

“What was the main cause of his death?” I raised my voice.

“You. You were the main cause of his death. If you could have just picked up those hints I dropped for you and leave him, he would not have died.” Jong-hoon smirked.

“You…you killed Yong-oppa?!” I stared at him in disbelief.

“Clever girl. It was the only way for you to forget him. And if you don’t want history to repeat itself…you better make a wise decision soon.” He left the ring in my hands and walked away. “Don’t try to do anything funny if you want him to live.” He added.

“Yong-oppa….” I sobbed.

I walked home thinking about what I should do. I couldn’t risk Kyuhyun’s life. Putting him in danger because of my happiness would be too selfish. And..I have to make a decision fast. I sat down on my couch and think hard, the only choice I am left with. ‘I will give you two days.’ Jong-hoon texted me.

The door clicked and Kyuhyun walked in. “Hey baby…”. He looked so tired.

I didn’t want to do this now, but I have to make a decision fast. My heart was breaking. “Kyuhyun-oppa…I have something to tell you.” I said softly without any expression on my face. “Yes baby?” He came over, arms around me. I shifted away and said, “I can’t do this anymore.”

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

“What are you saying Seo?” I asked. She looked so serious, and I have a bad feeling about this. “Let’s end this relationship.” She said coldly. My heart hurts so badly hearing her words. “You’re kidding me right Seo? What have I done wrong? I didn’t accompany you much lately? Is that why?” I asked her. I don’t get it, everything was fine, why the sudden change?

“I’m not kidding you. Sorry to tell you this, but, you’re just a replacement for Yong-oppa. I realized, my heart still can’t forget him. I don’t want to be in another guy’s embrace with him in my heart. All the things that I have told you were just lies. I just needed a companion and you were there.” She said.

I was shocked by her words. I don’t believe it’s the truth. She’s hiding something from me, plus she was so determined to get rid of me, to make me hate her. Even so, I couldn’t stop those tears that flowed down. “I already said I don’t mind being his replacement.” I said quietly. “But I mind.” She raised her voice. “It makes me feel so selfish. Do you want me to live in guilt for the rest of my life?!” She yelled.

It feels like there’s nothing I could do to change her mind now. I knew we had to talk after the both of us have calmed down. I took my car key and left the house. “Hyung, wanna drink?” My heart hurts. I have no freaking idea what went wrong, and the girl I’ve finally gotten wants to leave me now. I have no idea how to make her stay, she looked like she has changed back to the cold Seo Joo-hyun, the lifeless girl.

I lost count of the number of cans of beer I drank. Nothing seems to help to drown my sorrows. “Hyung, hyung…I tried so hard and finally got her…we were so happy….why, why did she want to break up with me out of a sudden?!” I asked them. “Ya Kyuhyun-ah, stop drinking. We will send you back and help you to talk to Seohyun okay?” Sungmin said. “She…she wouldn’t listen to me.” I sighed.

“Donghae-ah, help me to lift him up. Let’s send him back now.” Sungmin said. I felt them dragging me. Awhile later, I finally reached home.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Seohyun-ah! Seohyun-ah! Open the door, Kyuhyun is drunk.” I heard Donghae’s voice. I hurried over and opened the door. “Seohyun-ah…” Kyuhyun looked at me with his huge eyes and giggle, then,  he suddenly put all his weight on me while trying to hug me. “YA Kyuhyun-ah, you’re gonna squash Seohyun if you continue to lie on her like that.” Sungmin said. “Let him settle on the bed first, Seohyun, can I talk to you?” Donghae said. “Yeah, okay.” I replied, knowing what he wanted to ask.

“What happened between the both of you? He was devastated. The last time he acted like that was when you and Jung Yonghwa became a couple.” Donghae asked. “Oppa…I have no intentions to hurt him. I love him, but I have no other ways but to end this relationship. It would be better for him, trust me.” I tried to explain. I couldn’t tell him the truth, he would definitely take action. I don’t want them to get into all these trouble because of me. “We can help you Seohyun, there are so many of us here! Please don’t throw away your relationship with Kyuhyun because of something you have never tried changing.” Donghae tried to persuade me. “Sorry oppa, this is the best solution I can think of. Please take care of Kyuhyun-oppa in the future.” I said and turned around. I had to turn my back to Donghae-oppa, this hurts so much, I was afraid if I continue talking to him, I would change my mind and ask him for help.

Sungmin and Donghae left Kyuhyun with me and I helped him to clean up and change into something fresh. I caressed his hair and kissed him on his forehead, lying beside him. “Kyu, this would probably be the last time I can hug you and look at you so closely.” I sobbed silently. “I love you…” I could feel him tightening his arms around me. “Don’t leave…don’t’ leave me…” He said softly.