Chapter 27

A Change?

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I couldn’t believe my eyes, just yesterday she was telling me to not have any affairs with any girls, the next moment, she’s hugging another guy just outside our apartment! Lee Jong-hoon, can’t you just let her off! Urgh…

I went over and glare at Seohyun and Jong-hoon together. Apparently, Seohyun had no trace of guilt on her face, in fact, she was smiling happily at me. “Hi Kyu, you just came back from work?” She asked me. “Yeah, I calculated the time accurate enough to catch the two of you hugging.” I said while staring at Jong-hoon. Jong-hoon smirked at me. How dare he! I decided to ignore the two of them and return to the apartment. Seohyun followed suit shortly after, she was trying to talk to me but I’ve decided to ignore her completely. This is for hugging other guys behind my back.

I cleaned up and lied on the bed, and I could feel Seohyun creeping up behind me. She wrapped her arms around my waist tightly, while I tried so hard to not move. I didn’t want her to remove her hands but on the other hand, I didn’t want to give in to her. “Kyu, sleep tight, I love you.” She said. I smirked secretly without her noticing. I wonder how long do I have to continue this pretense. Thanks to Siwon hyung’s idea, well it actually kinda work, Seohyun came back to my side. But somehow, it feels like she’s trying to test my patience, or rather, my memory.

[Seohyun’s POV]

Woke up with Kyuhyun’s arms around me, this feels so good, just like before. I was wondering if his memory loss would affect his health in the future, so I’ve decided to make a trip down the hospital to ask the doctor.

I took my free time from lunch break and went to find the doctor that diagnosed Kyuhyun. Lucky me, he was available and I had a chance to ask about his condition. “Hi Miss, how may I help you?” He asked politely. “Doctor, do you remember Cho Kyuhyun? He was the one who was discharged last week and has suffered a head concussion resulting in a memory loss. I would like to know if this would affect his health in the future.” I asked.

“Oh Mr Cho? Well what is it about the memory loss? He wasn’t suffering from any memory loss, just a minor impact and he has already recovered.” He looked at me quizzically. “Eh?! You mean he has fully recovered with no side effects?” I asked again to make sure I was hearing the right thing. “Yes Miss, he has fully recovered, don’t worry.” He assured me. “Th..thank you doctor..” I said and left.

What is going on? Kyuhyun did not lose his memory? But Donghae-oppa was the one who told me about it. He can’t be lying to me right? Or did the doctor not know about his condition?

I returned to the office with my thoughts filled with every possible scenarios. I arrived at a conclusion that I should test Kyuhyun to see if he really lost his memory. Work ended smoothly and Kyuhyun came out of his room. “Oppa, shall we go swimming today?” I asked. “Why? Out of the sudden.” He looked at me curiously. “Nothing special, just that we haven’t been spending much time together, and maybe spending some time together can help you to recollect your memories of me.” I smiled sweetly at him. “Well, no harm.” He shrugged his shoulders.

We went home and changed into our swimming attire before heading down to the swimming pool. After we reached, I purposely fall into the pool and shouted “Ahhhh oppa, I can’t swim! Help!” As expected, Kyuhyun stood there giving me the lame face, he obviously knew I could swim, I even saved him once. I stopped my act and went up to him looking at him. “Oppa, are you sure you have forgotten about me?” I eyed him suspiciously. “Of..of course, it’s just that, I think I’ve forgotten how to swim.” He started stammering. “Yah! How can you forgot how to swim, you hit your head not your body!” I yelled at him giving him a piece of my mind.

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

Damn, seems like Seohyun has suspected something. How am I supposed to keep up with this act, what if she gets angry and leaves me. Maybe I should tell her the truth? But the consequences, I’m afraid to face it. She would definitely kill me!

I decided to call Donghae-hyung for help, they got me into this mess, they should provide me with the solution to get out. “Hyung, Seohyun seems to suspect something already! She was trying to test me awhile ago!” I asked anxiously. “Aren’t you the smartass evil maknae who bullies your hyung without any restrictions? Why are you coming to me for help?” He teased me. “Yah! Bullying you guys was a piece of cake, I’m dealing with Seo, she’s no easy character alright!” I whispered into the phone, afraid to let Seohyun hear our conversation.

“You should initiate to bring her out somewhere, then propose and apologize at the same time!” He suggested. Well, not a bad idea, she might forgive me since she would be touched by my proposal. “Okay bye hyung!” I said quickly and could hear Donghae trying to yell at me in the phone for hanging up on him so abruptly. I need to start planning!