Chapter 17

A Change?

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I woke up feeling much better. It was already 7PM. I turned to my right side and saw Seohyun lying beside me, as though we were back to the past. Just then, her phone vibrated and I opened the message.

Jong-hoon: Where are you? Are you still with him? Why are you not back yet? Have you forgotten your promises?

Jong-hoon: Don’t try to run away from me Hyun, you know that will never work.

Jong-hoon: I’m losing my patience.

Jong-hoon: Just reply me! Anything will do! I’m worried.

What is going on? What promises have she made with that Jong-hoon guy? Was this the reason why Seohyun left me? I had to find out, but knowing that Seohyun would probably deny everything, I had to investigate this behind her back.

Just then, I felt Seohyun’s hand on my forehead, “You feeling better already? It seems like your fever has subsided” she asked while rubbing her eyes. “Yeah, I’m feeling better already. Want to go have dinner together?” She picked up her phone and saw the time, “Ah, I have to go already. I cooked some porridge for you in the afternoon, just reheat and eat them up alright? Bye.” She said in a hurry. I pulled her back and hug her again. “Will I see you again?” I asked. “I don’t know. I need to go. Take care.” She said.

I waited for her to take the lift and I followed her car to the place she was driving to. She drove into this mansion and alighted. A guy approached her. It was Jong-hoon.

He walked out staring at Seohyun angrily, grabbed her wrist and said. “Where were you? Why didn’t you answer my calls?” Seohyun stared at him coldly, not wanting to have an argument said. “I told you millions of times, I was taking care of Kyuhyun. He’s sick with no one to take care of him.” He was not satisfied by her answer, and continued to press her on, “So you have to go over to him whenever he’s sick? Com’on, who are you kidding? You just want to be with him right.”

“If that’s what you want to hear, then so be it. I’m sick and tired of explaining to you. I feel like I’m in a prison.” Seohyun was about to leave when Jong-hoon grabbed her shoulders. “Urgh, let me go! You’re hurting me!” She tried to shove his hands off her. “I won’t let you go back to him.” And he hugged Seohyun, with her struggling in his arms.

My mind instantly went blank seeing Seohyun in another guy’s arms.  I have never imagined this scene would actually appear. Seohyun stopped struggling and let Jong-hoon continue hugging her. I need to know what’s happening. I need to get her back.

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Don’t leave me again. Please.” Jong-hoon said softly. I have no idea what kind of person Jong-hoon is. One moment he was a devil to me, the next, he became so weak. I was tired of quarreling with him. Maybe if I listen to him and slowly explain things in the future, he might let me off?

“I’m not leaving. Can we go in now?” I said. Jong-hoon then walked ahead of me, head down. I was tired and I need to rest before actually starting work the next day. I cleaned up and lie on my bed with Keroro in my arms. ‘Hi Kyuroro, how are you now? Are you feeling better already? Please take care of yourself…’ I talked to it.

 

The next morning, Jong-hoon was nowhere to be seen. I asked the caretaker and he told me he left for work already. I had my breakfast and dressed up for work, it was my first day and I had to make a good impression. “Good morning Miss Seo,” the staff greeted me. I bowed at them awkwardly and took the lift up. I went to Jong-hoon’s office..it was huge. It was like an apartment in that huge office building. I found him in a room talking to someone on the phone in English. It was another surprise for me since I have never seen this side of him for the past few years I’ve known him. He looked up at me and gave me a smile while conversing with the client.

“You’re here…you will be working for me. My personal assistant.” He said.

“What? But shouldn’t I be handling matters regarding law?” I asked.

“Yeah you will, you will work with me, and only me.” He said and smirked. Well of course, he may be a different person at work, but definitely not in the brains.

“Okay. So where should I sit?” I asked.

“There’s a room beside mine, I have already had it renovated just for you. Go see if you like it.” And he dragged me to the next room. It was nicely decorated, with white as the main color, modern and stylish. “Thanks.” I said casually. I could see he was satisfied with my reaction and he kept smiling proudly to himself.

“Shall we start work now?” I asked. “Yeah, your first task for today is, go to the bedroom over there, and start dressing up for tonight’s dinner. You’re going to the party with me to meet the clients.” He said. “What?! On the first day of work?!” I said loudly. “Yeah, why? You don’t have confidence in yourself?” He challenged me. “Of course not. I will do it, see you later.”