Chapter 25

A Change?

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

I ran over to Kyuhyun as I saw him fall from the impact of the push, but Jong-hoon held me back and dragged me with him. I slapped Jong-hoon hard on his face and he held me close to his body and said, “If you start retaliating now, I will make sure this is not the end of his misery.” He said and stared at Kyuhyun’s restless body with hatred.

“You sick maniac, you’re a bastard.” I spat into his face. He dragged me into his car and drove off, leaving Kyuhyun there. I immediately messaged Donghae for help to save Kyuhyun, hoping he would answer his phone. Luckily, he replied me immediately. Thank God, there’s someone to save him now.

Donghae: Seo, where are you? Are you safe? We’ve sent Kyu to the hospital already, the doctor said he’s fine, have to wait for him to regain his consciousness.

Me: I’m back at the Lee Residence already. Don’t worry. Please help me to take care of Kyu, and say sorry to him. Thanks again Donghae-oppa.

Donghae: I will go over to get you from that bastard now.

Me: Oppa no, please. For Kyu’s sake, don’t mess with Jong-hoon anymore. Please take care of Kyu and help him to move on.

Donghae: Seo… let us help you.

I off my phone and rest on my bed, tears rolling down at the thought of Kyuhyun’s injury, while praying hard that nothing will happen to him. Maybe I should resign to fate, I can’t let Jong-hoon hurt him anymore. Next week’s the wedding…

The next few days, I locked myself in the room, refusing to eat or drink anything. I was mad at Jong-hoon for hurting Kyu, and finally conclude that Jong-hoon would only stop hurting anybody when I self-inflict pain on my own body. My phone continued to be flooded by messages from both my unnies and Jong-hoon, since they should know what happened by now. But I ignored them all. Jong-hoon wanted to access the room using the spare keys he had, but I told him if he dared to interrupt me, I will kill myself in front of him.

Just then, I received another message from Donghae, I immediately read it since it might concern Kyuhyun’s injury.

Donghae: Seo, Kyu has regained his consciousness, but..he lost his memory.

Me: Please take care of him, and..don’t mention me to him anymore. This way, he can move on easily.

Donghae: Seo, stop being stubborn, this is not the right way.

This would be good since Kyuhyun can move on with life without me. But the thought of him forgetting me actually hurts so much. Those memories that we made, the thought of him not recognizing me... My head felt heavy and body felt weak since I haven’t been eating, I wanted to go down and get something to last me for the day, but the moment I stood up, my vision went pitch black and I hit the ground.

 

[Donghae’s POV]

“Hyung, Seo isn’t answering my calls or my messages. I’m getting worried.” I told Siwon. “We need to do something about this soon, Kyu is hospitalized and Seo’s status is unknown, this is bad, how did they even end up like that.” Siwon said angrily. “Let’s just barge into Lee Jong-hoon’s house and take Seo away. He won’t be able to do anything if all of us confront him together.” Leeteuk said. “Yes, let’s go over now.” I said.

All of us drove to the Lee Residence and the security guard stopped us. “I’m a friend of Jong-hoon, we have some business to settle.” Siwon said while pushing a hundred dollar bill to him. We walked in and were welcome by his servants. “Hi young men, how can I help you?” A friendly old man said. “We’re here for Seohyun.” Leeteuk said firmly. “Before I call her down, may I ask how are you related to her? She’s just like my daughter so I feel the need to show my concern.” Jong-hoon’s father said nicely.

“She’s our friend, like our sister. All we want is to get her back from Lee Jong-hoon.” Leeteuk replied. “Ah…I see. But from what I know, she’s Jong-hoon’s fiancée, and they are getting married next week.” He was puzzled. “Seohyun was forced to marry Lee Jong-hoon, she was forced to leave Kyuhyun.” Siwon said. “Kyu..Cho Kyuhyun? He asked.

“Why are you here.” Jong-hoon came down the stairs. “Where’s Seohyun you bastard!” I said angrily. “She’s not at home.” Jong-hoon said coldly. “Don’t lie, I was just messaging her.” I said. Jong-hoon looked flustered and tried to maintain his composure. “Let’s cut the crap, we’ll go up and search on our own.” Siwon said. All of us ran up to find Seohyun, searching every room. It wasn’t easy since their mansion was really huge. We finally came to this room and saw Seohyun lying unconscious on the ground. Siwon hyung lifted her up and walked briskly down the stairs to place her safely in the car. Without saying a word, we immediately drove to the hospital.

Before we left, I managed to catch a glimpse of Jong-hoon’s worried and angst face. This guy needs to get convicted for whatever he had done to Seohyun and Kyuhyun. Seohyun was running a high fever and was put on drip since she was lacking of nutrients. She managed to regain her senses after a few hours of rest.

“Oppa..where am I?” Seohyun asked weakly. “You’re in the hospital, Seo, are you feeling better?” I squeezed her shoulders gently. “Yeah I’m fine, just feeling pretty weak. Where’s Kyu, can I see him? Is he awake?” She asked anxiously. I wonder how she managed to cut ties with Kyu when she cares about him so much. I supported her to Kyuhyun’s room and she sat silently beside him, tears in her eyes, while she caressed his forehead gently.

Kyuhyun woke up as he felt Seohyun’s tears dripped on his face. He had a startled expression and realized Seohyun looking at him and said “Who are you?”