Chapter 24

A Change?

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

I closed my eyes while Kyuhyun kissed me. My heart asked me to break away from him, but my body said otherwise. I miss this feeling so much, I wanted time to stop here forever. Kyuhyun withdrew his lips and stared intently into my eyes. He smiled so ever gently which never failed to melt my heart. “Please don’t mention his name when you’re with me. I just want us to be together.” Kyuhyun said gently.

“Kyu..you don’t have to do this. You’re just hurting yourself further.” I sobbed. I couldn’t control my tears, I’m so tired of staying strong, I needed someone to lean on, and it was obvious who it is.

 Just then, my phone rang. It’s none other than Jong-hoon. I stared at the screen and Kyuhyun took it from my hands, removed the battery and threw it on the sofa. He pulled me towards him and hugged me tightly, and I responded by hugging him back. Maybe he knew my love for him has never died.

“Now, will you please tell me why you left me?” Kyuhyun asked me. I ponder for awhile and told him, “He killed Yong-oppa.” Kyuhyun was in disbelief and shock at first, but he regained his composure. “So he threatened to kill me if you don’t marry him?” He said. Well of course, it’s Kyuhyun, the top candidate in law school. “Yeah…” I said softly. “And you left me thinking he could kill me?” He continued to question me. I nod my head. Kyuhyun actually smirked at my response.

“How can you look down on me Seo.” Kyuhyun said playfully while pinching my cheeks.

“Your life was at stake, I couldn’t be so selfish. Yong-oppa was an example already.” I retorted angrily at the fact that he took it so easily. “Seo, you have to know that it wasn’t your fault that Yonghwa was killed. You and Yonghwa’s relationship isn’t a crime, the one at fault is Jong-hoon.” He explained.

“Even so, what if something really happened to you? I won’t be able to take this Kyu.” I said seriously. “Seo, why didn’t you discuss this with me? We could have thought of other ways together. You leaving me like that, doesn’t this hurt both of us?” Kyuhyun said. “You need to trust me Seo, trust me, I can come up with anything just to let us back together.” He continued.

I looked into his beautiful eyes and stared at them. Can I really be selfish for once?

“Let’s not talk about him, we’re going to spend a night here, let’s make it meaningful.” Kyuhyun said happily and led me to the restaurant to have our dinner. After dinner, I put the battery back to the phone and found 20 missed calls and 15 text messages from Jong-hoon. My heart was getting uneasy, Jong-hoon’s definitely mad and would know by now that I am with Kyuhyun.

Just then, Kyuhyun’s phone rang. “Yeah hyung, what’s the problem? “ He grinned happily to his phone. There were some mumbling going on and Kyuhyun’s face turned expressionless and he was in deep thoughts. After he ended the call, I went over to ask him what’s wrong.

“Kyu, what’s wrong, you don’t look good.”

“Jong-hoon is here. Donghae-hyung told us the PI (Private Investigator) followed him here and reported to him. Should we leave or confront him?” He said solemnly. My worries were indeed true. Given Jong-hoon insanity, he would do anything to track me down.

“Let me go out and talk to him. He hates you, I’m afraid he would do anything when he sees me with you.” I said. “No, let’s go out together. What if he gets violent with you?” Kyuhyun said. “He wouldn’t, he may threaten me with you, but he wouldn’t hurt me.” I assured him. “Just stay at a side, don’t appear in front of him unless the situation calls for it.” I smiled and hugged Kyuhyun and went out to find Jong-hoon.

Jong-hoon was glaring at me as soon as I met his gazed. I was used to it already, especially when I refused to answer his calls or messages, although this time round, he seemed to be a little much scarier. “What are you doing here?” He asked coldly. “I’m here with a friend.” I replied shortly. “And who is your friend, or should I say, your ex-boyfriend.” Jong-hoon spat. “Yeah I’m with Kyu.” There was no reason for me to lie to him, he would have known by now anyway. “You promised not to see him again, which is why I promised I will not hurt him. But you broke your promise.” He continued. “Jong-hoon, I’m sick of being under your control, I’ve lost myself, there’s no way I can love you. You freak me out.” I spat out.

“Which is why….I…SAID…WE NEED TIME TOGETHER. Not using your free time to spend it with another guy in some room.” He yelled at me. He made me felt like I was committing adultery with another guy. Urgh. “No time will bring us together. I’m calling the wedding off.” I said and started to walk away. Jong-hoon grabbed my hand and swung me, resulting in my spine hitting the wall hard. He was fuming mad, judging from the strength he used.

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

“LET GO OF HER.” I hit Jong-hoon in his face and he landed with a thud on the ground. How dare he hurt Seohyun. I helped Seohyun up and settle her on the bench, while rubbing her spine gently. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Jong-hoon charging towards us. We got into a fight and I could hear Seohyun crying to stop us. I was off guard and the next moment, I was pushed with great force, my head hit something hard behind and I lost my consciousness.