Chapter 12

A Change?

[Seohyun’s POV]

It was the exam period before we graduate. I was practically studying every day with Kyuhyun since we were both graduating together. It was really nice to have a study companion like Kyuhyun. We would teach each other things that we don’t understand, and it makes me happy that a guy is mature when he should be. “Seohyun-ah, shall we go somewhere after graduation? Just the both of us. A short trip to Jeju maybe?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“Hmm… Should we? But wouldn’t it be more fun if more were to join us?” I asked. “Alright, but I want my time with you only over there.” He pouted. I chuckled at the sight of his disappointed face. “There’s no one like you, Kyu.” I pat his head. “Of course! I’m one and only, yours truly!” He smirked.

 

-2 weeks later-

 

“Choi Sooyoung! Where are you already?! We have to check-in in 15 minutes time!!” Jessica screamed into her phone. “Hurry up or we will leave without you!”

A total of 18 of us went on the trip together, the plane was filled with our noise and the air stewardess had to remind us to keep the noise level down. I was really excited about this trip since all of my unnies can finally go on a vacation together. Besides, most of them are already a couple. I sat with Hyoyeon-unnie and gazed out the window. It’s been so long since I’ve sat on an aeroplane!

We finally reached Jeju and checked in our hotel. Then, all of us went to the beach for volleyball or sun-tanning. However, Kyuhyun disappeared from the group halfway through without anyone noticing. “Donghae-oppa, do you know where did Kyuhyun-oppa went to?” I asked. “Nope, this guy’s been weird ever since we’ve reached Jeju! Maybe you want to find him in his room?” Donghae suggested. “Alright, thank you!” And I frowned. What’s happening, hopefully he’s fine.

I went up to his room and rang the bell but no one answered. Luckily, I got his room key from Sungmin, however, no one was inside the room. I was getting worried so I walked around the hotel to try to find him. I exited from the backdoor of the hotel and was led to a garden following the pavement. It was really beautiful, and to my surprise, I saw a board written: “Find me here.” I was curious so I followed the sign…A table decorated with flowers and candles with a wide spread of food! And I felt someone hugged me from behind. “You found me, Seo Joo-hyun..” This familiar voice. My heart fluttered.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked softly. “Waiting for you, of course.” He smiled. “Waiting for me?” I asked quizzically. He took my hands and sat me on the chair, then he played a song on the violin. A Thousand Years.

And all along, I believe, I will find you. Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years, I will love you for a Thousand more...

“Will you please be my girlfriend?” Kyuhyun asked shyly.

I was deeply moved and was unable to answer so I nod my head. “Thank you, Seo Joo-hyun. I will take care of you forever, I will not let you down.” And he kissed my forehead and hugged me while I rest my head on his shoulders. It has been so long since I’ve so comfortable and safe in someone’s arms. “I love you.” He whispered in my ears.

“YAAAA MAKNAE! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!” The 16 of them shouted and cheered. I was shocked to see all of them hiding behind the bush and I released myself and pushed Kyuhyun a little too hard…and he fell on his bum. “Ya Seohyun-ah…this is not the way to treat your new boyfriend! You’re gonna scare him away!” Taeyeon-unnie said.

“Unnie! How can all of you peek at us like that!” I pout. “This is so embarrassing!”

“Kyuhyun-shi! If you mistreat our Seohyunnie, we’re gonna kill you for that! Even your hyungs can’t stop us!” Taeyeon shouted at Kyuhyun.

“Yeah, we will let you girls kill him.” Lee-Teuk smiled to Taeyeon.

“Ya LeeTeuk-hyung! Shouldn’t you be standing at my side?” Kyuhyun shot a glare at him.

“Nope, ladies first Kyuhyun-ah!” LeeTeuk winked at Taeyeon and everyone burst into laughter.