Chapter 14

A Change?

 

A month later..

[Seohyun’s POV]

Kyuhyun-oppa and I were accepted into the same law firm! He was really happy as it meant that he could see me every day. I was really happy too, having my love one just around me. At least the both of us are working towards the same goal. Everything was going so smoothly, it was hard to believe that I, Seo Joo-hyun, still have such luck.

Kyuhyun-oppa had to work late today, so I went back on my own first, thinking of what to cook for dinner while waiting for him to return. To my horror, I saw Jong-hoon-oppa at my doorstep. I froze on the spot and wanted to turn back but it was too late.

“Seohyun-ah! I’ve been waiting for you!” Jong-hoon said.

I had no choice but to turn back. “Hi Jong-hoon-oppa, what are you doing here?”

“To look for my dongsaeng of course. It’s been so long since we’ve sat down to talk after Yonghwa’s death. You know I really missed those times where the three of us would just hang around in the living room at Yonghwa’s apartment and chat into the night.” He said.

“Yea..yeah.” I was still affected when I heard Yonghwa-oppa’s name. I was in deep thoughts until Jong-hoon shook my shoulders.

“Seohyun-ah? You okay? Do you mind if we chat in your living room?” He said suddenly.

I was flustered and I had no choice but to agree. I messaged Kyuhyun-oppa before going to the living room.

Seohyun: Oppa, I won’t be able to make dinner tonight. Would it be okay if you just pick up something on your way back for the both of us?

Kyuhyun: Of course, sure. But what happened?

Seohyun: Jong-hoon-oppa is in our house right now.

Kyuhyun: What?! I will be right back. Be careful alright?

Seohyun: Okay, please come back safely.

I sighed and went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea for Jong-hoon.

“Here you go, is tea alright for you?” I said.

“It’s okay. So…how’s life? I see you have a boyfriend already.” Jong-hoon started the conversation.

“Yeah, Kyuhyun-oppa is a really nice guy. He helped me through the difficult times after…” I couldn’t continue the sentence.

“Ah…so you have forgotten about Yonghwa already?” He said.

I flinched at his word. I have no idea what was his intention to bring up this topic. He should know it better that it would affect me so badly. Why did he have to rub salt on a wound that has been hurt so long ago?

“Of course not. No matter where I am, he will have his definite place in my heart.” I replied.

“Sorry Seohyun-ah. It’s just that I was thinking if you’re still affected by Yonghwa. I have been worried about you all this while. I was afraid you couldn’t accept the fact.” He rubbed my hands.

I felt uneasy and took my hand away. “Thanks oppa, but Kyuhyun-oppa helped me though that process. If not for him, I wouldn’t be where I am now.”

Just then, I heard the click of the door and felt relieved. I walked to the door and hugged Kyuhyun. “Hey…” He rubbed my nape and smiled warmly at me. “Hi Jong-hoon-sshi, nice to meet you.” Kyuhyun smiled politely. “Nice to meet you too, Kyuhyun-sshi.” Jong-hoon said.

“Thanks for taking care of my Seohyun all this while.” Kyuhyun said.

“That was nothing, she was my best friend’s girlfriend. I guess I shouldn’t be interrupting you guys.” Jong-hoon said. “Goodbye, goodbye Seohyun.”

Kyuhyun smirked when Jonghoon bid us farewell. “He didn’t do anything to you right?” Kyuhyun pulled me to a hug and kissed my forehead. “No…but he kept mentioning about Yonghwa-oppa. It makes me sad.” Kyuhyun smiled gently and said, “I know, it hurts to mention someone who is important to you.” He caressed my head.

This is why I feel so safe in Kyuhyun’s arms. He is always so caring and understanding. He could accept me even when he clearly knew that Yonghwa-oppa is still important to me. Even if he has already passed away. But don’t misunderstand me, I love Kyuhyun, he was never a replacement for the hurt I felt. Kyuhyun is an important part of my life. He has helped me to move on.

“Hey..let’s eat. Then you can have your goguma after dinner.” Kyuhyun pat my head.

After cleaning up, the both of us lied on the bed with his arms around me.

“Kyu…have you ever felt insecure that Yonghwa-oppa still plays an important part in my life?” I asked Kyuhyun out of the blue. I was curious to know about his opinion.

“Why do you ask?” He asked me curiously. “No…I was just wondering. Aren’t you jealous” I asked playfully.

“No..He treats you well, I have never doubted his love for you. He loved you whole-heartedly. So it’s normal that he is important to you. That’s why I’ve stopped myself from looking at you after I knew that the two of you are together. Of course, I always get updates about you from my hyungs. But now, if he is still more important than me, I will get real jealous!” He laughed.

“Thank you Kyu. Thanks for being in my life. I love you.” I whispered to his ears, and a tear fell from my eyes. “You silly girl, I’ve never doubted your love for me.  Now go to sleep.” Kyuhyun hugged me tightly.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all! Just to clarify, Jong-hoon is just a made up character! Not anybody cos...I don't want to be deemed as 'hating' any particular person.

Thanks for reading! :)