Chapter 20

A Change?

 

[Jong-hoon’s POV]

“What…what did you say?” I was shocked at what I have heard.

“I said, let’s get married now.” Seohyun replied.

I was on cloud nine when she said that. However, after thinking about what she had said and what happened yesterday, she was marrying me to protect Cho Kyuhyun. It wasn’t out of love. But I guess I shouldn’t ask so much from her, she will realize my love for her one day.

“However, let’s make things clear first. We will still be sleeping in our own room, I don’t think I can share a room with you right now. Which also mean, we won’t be doing anything a normal couple will do.” She stated them clearly. “And most importantly, Kyuhyun, you will not touch him ever again.”

“Since you’ve agreed, I guess I should take a step back and agree on your terms too. But I hope you would put in an effort to make our relationship work.” I negotiated. “Okay, but I will not guarantee I will accept you anytime soon.” She said.

“Alright, I will start on the preparations. We will get married next month.” I said excitedly.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

It didn’t matter at all when we’re getting married. I’m locking my heart for the rest of my life, if I can protect Kyuhyun from any possible danger from Jong-hoon. It didn’t matter. Jong-hoon forced me to have dinner with him that night. Unfortunately, we bumped into Kyuhyun and Donghae in the restaurant we were dining at. Jong-hoon grabbed my hands and pulled me over to their table.

“Hi Mr Cho, we’ve met again.” Jong-hoon smirked.

Kyuhyun was staring at me the whole time while Donghae was confused. “Hi, how coincidental” Kyuhyun said sarcastically. “Yeah, I’m here to celebrate since Seohyun-sshi has agreed to my marriage proposal.” He said happily. Kyuhyun’s face went blank after hearing what Jong-hoon had said. I have nothing to say since it was the truth, there was nothing left to explain, I shouldn’t let Kyuhyun come into this matter already. 

I bowed and pulled Jong-hoon with me to our table. I was fuming mad, while on the other hand, my heart hurts so much. I didn’t want to torture Kyuhyun with the sight of us anymore.

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

My world came crashing down upon hearing the news. It was too sudden for me to react. I have to stop this marriage. “Kyuhyun-ah…Kyuhyun-ah!!” Donghae shook me. “Yeah hyung?” I replied. “You alright?” He looked at me. “What do you think?” I sighed. I went home and lie on bed thinking about what to do to stop this marriage. Seohyun is too stubborn to tell me anything, and she wouldn’t even tell her unnies, afraid they would leak anything to me. I’m really confused.

The next day, I went up to the Lee firm and look for Jong-hoon. Since no one could tell me anything, I’m going to ask the main culprit. He was already expecting my arrival when I entered his office.

“Welcome Mr Cho, I supposed you have something to ask me since you’ve came all the way here?” He said haughtily. “What have you done to Seohyun?” I went straight to the point. “What do you mean Mr Cho, you meant why are we getting married don’t you?” He smirked.

I so wanted to punch him in his face but I kept my composure. He’s not worth dirtying my hands. “You forced her into it didn’t you?” I said coldly. “Of course not, in fact, it was her who mentioned this marriage thing. Ask her yourself if you don’t believe me.” He said, while eyes looking past me. I looked back and saw Seohyun at the door.

“Seo. Mind telling me what’s happening?” I questioned her while staring into her eyes. “There’s nothing for me to explain, whatever he have said is right, I was the one who wanted to marry him.” She said expressionlessly. “Why? Did he threaten you?” I pressed on. “No…I did it willingly.” Seohyun said slowly while looking away.

I was speechless, irritated by the secret she was hiding from me. So I left.

[Seohyun’s POV]

Sorry Kyu, really sorry…

“Hyun…dinner tonight?” Jong-hoon asked me softly. “No thanks.” I said coldly and walked away. I needed someone to talk to, but I couldn’t talk to my unnies, they would definitely run Kyuhyun and tell him the truth. I scroll down the list of contacts…and pressed the call button.

“The number you have just called is not in use.” Beep.

“The number you have just called is not in use.” Beep.

“The number you have just called is not in use.” Beep.

“You will guide me to the right way, right?” I said into the phone.