Chapter 23

A Change?

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

Her eyes, they don’t shine anymore. They are in fact crying for help. It hurts me to see her this way, it’s alright Seo, I will help you, trust me.

“Let’s go back.” Seohyun said. I stood up and followed behind her, while planning my next move. The second half of the day ended quickly since I had so much to catch up on. I finished up the last document, stretched my body and walked out of my room. Seohyun was still typing furiously on her keyboard. “Seo, it’s late, let’s go I will drop you off.” I offered. “It’s alright, I still have stuff to do, you can leave first.” She replied, eyes still on the monitor. I was about to say something when Jong-hoon appeared. “I will send her back myself.” He said in a cold tone.

Not wanting to start any trouble with him since Seohyun looked like she needs a break from all these, I nod my head and left the office. I went straight to the bar to meet up with my hyungs.

“Ya Kyuhyun-ah, you’ve been so busy lately, it’s hard to meet you!” Siwon said.

“Hyung, you should know what why.” I said casually. “Have your plan succeeded?” Donghae asked. “I managed to kick him out of his position, and Seo’s working under me now. But there’s nothing I can do to make her tell me her problems.” I sighed. “Then what’s your next plan?” Sungmin asked. “Actually, I need you guys to help me.” I smirked.

“Of course! Anything for our maknae!” Leeteuk-hyung assured me. “I need to engage someone to spy on them.” I said. “Maybe from their behavior, I can somehow guess what’s going on perhaps?”

“Yeah, but it’s gonna be risky, if Jong-hoon finds out, he’s gonna be nasty. I don’t think he’s gonna be easy to deal with.” Ryeowook said. “That’s why we have to do it discreetly.” I said. “Well if you say so, I have friends who are private investigators, I can ask them for help.” Donghae said. “Thanks so much hyung.” Sometimes I feel so thankful for having them in my life.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Hyun, he didn’t do anything to you right?” Jong-hoon kept bugging me non-stop ever since Kyuhyun left. “No he didn’t. Please give me a break, I’m tired from work already.” I said casually. I fell asleep in the car and I woke up when the car came to a complete stop. However, the place in front of me is not our house, but the beach. The beach I used to go with Yong-oppa.

“Why are we here?” I asked coldly, not wanting to remind myself that he killed Yong-oppa. “I thought you might use a break from all the stress you’re facing now.” He smiled. “We’re getting married in two weeks’ time.” He suddenly said.

My heart sank even though I was prepared beforehand. I knew it would happen someday, but I did not expect it to come so quickly. This would mean I no longer have time to back out of this deal, to go back to Kyuhyun. “Aren’t you happy?” Jong-hoon asked. “Well it’s just getting married, aren’t we already living together.” I said. “For you maybe, but for me, I’ve been waiting for this moment for so long, this definitely means a lot for me.” He said sadly.

“Oh..” I replied awkwardly.

We ended the conversation and he drove home. We kept silence throughout the whole journey, each had our own thoughts running through our mind. I went back into my room and lied down on my bed, holding Keroro in my arms. I took my phone and decided to text Kyuhyun about this, I just wanted him to know, unsure my reasons too.

Me: Kyu..I’m getting married in two weeks’ time.

Kyuhyun: Seo…please let me talk you out of it. It hurts. Please let me meet you.

I tugged my phone under my pillow and cried silently. He tried calling me a few times, and I resisted the urge to pick up. I wanted to hear him telling me that everything was just a façade, and when I wake up, everything will go back to normal, me and him, happily ever after.

I went to work with deep eyebags and swollen eyes. I had no mood to dress up, so I just went to work dressed in simple black dress. Kyuhyun didn’t talk to me when he came in, he looked horrible too. I guess he must be very disappointed in me. Apparently, he ignored me throughout the whole day and when I went into his room to pass him the documentations, he did not even look at me.

It was going 6PM and I was still busy with my work, Kyuhyun came out of his room and suddenly, I felt him pulling my arms, he took my bag and dragged me into lift with him. “Kyu, what are you doing?!” He had no expression on his face and he did not answer my question. “Kyu…let me go.” I tried to release myself from his grip. “You left me with no choice, Seo. It made me frustrated that no matter how much I begged you to tell me what’s happening, you still won’t.” He finally said.

He drove to somewhere out of town, and he dragged me into this guest house which he booked for the night. “Kyu, I can’t stay here with you. Jong-hoon will…” I have yet to complete my sentence and my lips was sealed by his.