Chapter 19

A Change?

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I made a trip down to Seohyun’s office building and waited for her outside. It was a matter of time she would appear and it was worth the wait. Finally, I saw her angelic figure, however, the glow in her eyes have somehow disappeared.

“Seo…”I approached her. She was staring at me, but her eyes softened as she heard me calling her name. Something is very wrong with her. She cleared awkwardly and asked, “What are you doing here?”

“You should know the reason why I’m here.” I said seriously.

“I thought I’ve made things clear enough, whatever you have seen that day, is the truth. I’m getting married to Jong-hoon-sshi.” She said coldly. “But why? You don’t even love him.” I retorted. “Who said so, if not why would I have agreed to marry him in the first place.” She said. She was avoiding my eyes, and now I am very sure she’s hiding something from me.

“Please Seo, tell me what’s bothering you, I can help.” I begged her. “There’s nothing you can do, Kyu, what you can do now is lead your own life, and move on.” She said. “You’re not telling me anything right? Should I go ask Jong-hoon?” I tried to threaten her.

“Why are you even doing this?! Please stop bothering me, I have no more feelings for you, you’re just a back up for Yong-oppa get it?” She threw her words at me mercilessly. Those words definitely stings, but I know she didn’t mean it. The more she tries to get rid of me, the more suspicious I get. I need to do something. “I’m leaving now. Please stop coming over to find me.” Seohyun said.

I was anxious to know what happened. Tired of this heartbreak I’ve been feeling, I need her back in my life. I was crossing the road and suddenly, a car sped up, I stood frozen on the spot. Then, I felt someone pulling me back. The next moment, someone slapped me, hard. “WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!” Seohyun screamed at me. There were tears in her eyes. I pulled her into my embrace and held her tightly without saying anything.

“Sorry…Please don’t cry.” I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead. “If you want me to be happy, take care of yourself well so I don’t have to worry for you all the time.” She said while sobbing. It was when she regained her senses then she realized she should have controlled her emotions and should not have shown her concern towards me. She pushed me away and walked away silently.

[Seohyun’s POV]

I shouldn’t have cried out in front of him. He would have suspected something by now, but he made me so worried. Someone, please tell me what to do. And that accident, is it him…? It’s his car I’m pretty sure. I cleared my emotions and drove back home, having to find Jong-hoon sitting on the couch waiting for me. it must be him, that hateful guy.

“Why did you do that?” I said coldly.

“You should know the reason very well Hyun.” He smirked. That hateful face.

“You’re driving me crazy Lee Jong-hoon. You will never know what I might do when I’m crazy.” I said softly without any expression.

“You won’t, at least Kyuhyun will keep you alive for now.” He held on my wrist.

“If you touch him once more, I will kill myself in front of you.” I said. He stared at me in disbelief, and was caught off guard. Maybe this could stop him from hurting Kyuhyun for the time being. If anyone should be sacrificed, I should be the one. I kind of figured out that I am the source of the death of Yong-oppa. And I will not let Kyuhyun suffer because of me. I’m tired of being under his control.

“You will not do that, because if you die, I will kill him too.” He said angrily.

“Really?” I walked towards the kitchen and took a fruit knife. I looked at him and used the knife to slit my wrist slowly in front of him. He ran to me and snatched the knife from my hands. “What the are you doing?!” He shook me hard. He took a cloth and pressed it against my wrist but I flung it away from his grip. “Don’t…touch…me.” And I left him to return to my room. I was furious and upset over what happened and I didn’t want to be manipulated by him anymore.

[Jong-hoon’s POV]

“She will never understand my love for her.” I mumbled to myself. Our caretaker Mr Kim walked into the living room and sat beside me. He had his arms around me to console me, obviously he witnessed everything.

“Don’t be so harsh on her, you can’t force love on someone who doesn’t return your affection. You might drive her crazy like that.” He said. “But I love her…she can never understand. I wanted her since high school.”

“I know, I was there to witness them all. But you can’t force love, it is a mutual thing. Before she hates you, stop whatever you’re trying to do. Else, both parties might get hurt.” Mr Kim advised. “Thanks Mr Kim, but for now, I just want her by my side.” As long as she’s by my side, I’m happy already.

I took the first aid box and went to Seohyun’s room. She left her open wound and fell asleep. I held her hands up and bandage the wound properly. Do you hate me so much to the extent of injuring yourself? I pulled up her blanket and left her room.

[Seohyun’s POV]

I woke up and found my wound bandaged. It must have been him. I must have overreacted last night, it was not worth injuring myself over a guy like him. But knowing the fact that he almost wanted to run over Kyuhyun, I was angry and had to vent it somewhere. I’ve decided to come up with an agreement with Jong-hoon. I’d do anything for him to not hurt Kyuhyun, even if it meant marrying him.

I washed up and went down and found him sitting in the living room watching the television. “Jong-hoon-sshi, I have something to request of you.” I said. “What is it?” He asked. “If I agree to get married with you, you will stop harassing Kyuhyun right?” I asked cautiously. “…Yeah…” He said slowly.

“Then let’s get married now.”