Chapter 7

A Change?

[Seohyun’s POV]

I went in to my house and washed up. I looked into the mirror and asked myself, why do I let myself get so affected by Cho Kyuhyun? He’s a nobody to me, he’s just a playboy, he’s just the same as all those guys outside, trying to win my heart then leave me hurt. Somewhere in my heart knew that I was just comforting myself. Of course, I knew his feelings for me, in fact, he has confessed to me before I was with Yonghwa-oppa. But I was deeply in love with Yong-oppa. Kyuhyun just didn’t seem to be the one who can make me happy and stick with me at that time.

I was too tired to think further and fell asleep.

The next morning, I packed my stuff for hostel and left the house. I was surprised to see Kyuhyun outside my house. “Hop on, I see you can use a lift to school with that huge bag.” I obliged as I didn’t want to make a scene early in the morning. However, I plugged in my MP3 and looked out of the window.

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

Well I guess I should count my blessings since she didn’t reject me even though she’s ignoring me. At least I can look at her beautiful face for now. I parked in and offered to take her luggage for her, but she took it back. Then I walked her to her hostel.

“So…did you sleep well last night?” I tried to strike a conversation.

“Sort of.” She said coldly and walked in her hostel.

“See you in class later!” I screamed after her.

I was in high spirits having to spend some time with her, and was smiling like a fool to myself while walking back to hostel. Then I bumped into Donghae.

“YA! Watch where you’re going Kyu!” Donghae said.

 I smiled widely at him. “Sorry hyung! Have a good day!”

He was shocked by my reaction since I would usually kick up a big fuss.

“Ya, did Seohyun just kissed you or something? Why are you so happy today?! This is scary!” Donghae said.

“I wish it was true, but it’s something similar. She did not ignore me today! And she let me fetched her to school. So awesome!” I told him excitedly.

“Tsk…I thought she kissed you…Get ready for lessons soon.” And he left me alone.

I grabbed my bag and went straight to class, looking forward to see Seohyun again. Then, I saw a group of students crowding around and wanted to take a detour to avoid the commotion till I heard Seohyun’s name.

“YA, Seo Joo-hyun you this wicked , how dare you do that to me last night?” I could hear a man’s voice.

“What did I do? Please state clearly.” Seohyun replied with a smirk and rolled her eyes.

“You..you seduced me and brought me to a motel. You !” He grabbed Seohyun’s wrist.

“Really? Cos’ I actually recorded everything you’ve said that night. Do you want me to play it in front of everyone?” Seohyun smirked.

“Let go of her. I grabbed Seohyun and pulled her behind me.

“Who the heck are you? Another guy who slept with her? Don’t be cheated by her looks dude. She’s a…” I couldn’t tolerate his insults and I punched his face.

“What the are you doing?!” Jae Hee was about to hit me back when Seohyun stepped out and grabbed his wrist.

“Look, you’re dealing with me not him. Just say whatever you want and get lost.” She said calmly and stared at him.

“Just you wait Seo Joo-hyun, I will get my revenge for the embarrassment.” Jae Hee said angrily and he left.

“Hi everyone, commercial break’s over, time to go back you class for lessons!” I announced.

Then I pulled Seohyun with me over to the garden.

“Let. Me. Go! Urgh!” And she smacked my hands off.

“This is what I mean, getting yourself into trouble! You should count yourself lucky that he confronted you in school and not somewhere else! What if he decides to revenge? What’s gonna happen to you then!” I yelled in her face.

“Whatever happens to me is none of your business. Now if you will please excuse me, I need to get back for lessons.” She said abruptly.

[Seohyun’s POV]

I was about to turn and walk back to the class when I felt someone pulling me. The next moment I opened my eyes, my lips was on Kyuhyun’s. My body suddenly turned weak and I returned his affection. I could not understand why but all I knew was my heart actually skipped a beat. He stopped and hugged me and said, “I don’t want you to get hurt. It hurts me too.” Unknowingly, I cried in his arms.

“YA! WHAT ARE THE BOTH OF YOU DOING?! It’s lesson time already, still hugging in a school?! Do the both of you wanna hug together and cry during detention? You teenager nowadays are so..”

“Sorry Sir!” The both of us bowed and sneaked back to class immediately before our discipline head could go on ranting.

 I set down on my place and took out my reading materials and I received a text from Kyuhyun. “Promise me you won’t do anything to hurt yourself again.”

I stared at those words and went into deep thoughts. Am I really giving up my plan right now? Am I fully healed to move on? Answer is no. It’s too early to give up now, after all that I’ve been through, I couldn’t let those guys continue to hurt other girls. They need to be taught a lesson, all of them. I kept my phone in my bag and payed attention to my lecturer, fully aware that Kyuhyun was looking at me expecting a reply.