Chapter 26

A Change?

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Who are you?” Kyuhyun asked.

My mind went blank for a moment. Yes, the thought of him forgetting me definitely hurts. But the worst? He remembered everyone except me. Donghae oppa had to drag me out for me to calm down. “Seo, don’t worry, he will regain his memory soon enough.” He encouraged me. I really hope so, I’m ready to face anything with him.

After Kyuhyun was discharged, I moved back to the apartment to stay with him. I had to take care of him and let him remember me. Siwon oppa told Kyuhyun I was his nurse to take care of him, while Leeteuk oppa told him I was his fiancée. Kyuhyun just laughed along with them.

“Kyu, you feeling better? Maybe you should go to bed now.” I said while rubbing his back. He turned around and looked at me curiously, like a child, “You’re interested in me aren’t you? How did you convince my hyungs to let you stay with me?” Kyuhyun said. “Wh..whaat?!” I said. Great, now he thinks I’m a leech.

I was getting annoyed by the fact that he had forgotten me, which resulted in me throwing away my affection for him. I took the nearest photo frame and shove it in his face. “Look here Cho Kyuhyun, how can you forget me? I’m your girlfriend!” I said agitatedly. “I don’t remember I have one. But I do know I have lots of girlfriends.” He grinned cheekily. Yeah how could I forget, he’s a playboy. Of course…

I cupped his face and look straight into his beautiful eyes. “Look, now, you only have ONE girlfriend that is ME. If you ever get into an affair with another girl, I’m not gonna let you off easily.” Having said that, I pecked him on his lips and walked away, leaving a shocked face Kyuhyun.

The next day, I had to go back to work, having taken leave for a week, my work was piling up. Kyuhyun went back to work, seems like he hasn’t forgot how to work. Jong-hoon’s father requested to talk to me about what happened, and he apologized on behalf of Jong-hoon was his misbehavior. I told him how Kyuhyun had forgotten me during the incident he had with Jong-hoon, and all the struggles I’ve been through because of Jong-hoon.

That was how I come to learn that Jong-hoon did have a sad past, his mother left him when he was ten, and he said Jong-hoon felt the warmth of his mother when he first saw me. Jong-hoon however, was not the one who killed Yong-oppa. His father told me about how upset Jong-hoon was, and even gave the police a hard time while they were investigating the case. He felt obliged to take care of me, and he became obsessive.

With that, my heart naturally soften. I couldn’t get angry at someone after knowing what he had been through. His intention was good in the beginning, it was during the process, then his actions and thoughts buckle the wrong way. I decided to look for Jong-hoon after work, whom Mr Lee said was cooping himself at home because of what happened.

“Kyu, I won’t be going home early today, don’t wait for me, if you’re going to do that, I gave him a toothy grin. He looked at me like I was insane and went back to work.

I went straight to the Lee Residence, to collect my belongings and also to look for Jong-hoon. The servants greeted me warmly and I went to the room I used to sleep in. I opened the door and saw a haggard-looking Jong-hoon lying on the bed. He held on to one a photo with the three of us, Yong-oppa, him, and me. Memories flashed back to where we always hang out together, the three of us, and I wondered how things have changed.

I silently packed up my belongings and sat beside the bed. “Jong-hoon-oppa,” I tapped him gently on his shoulders. He shifted his head and rubbed his eyes before looking at me. “Seo..Seohyun?” He was puzzled, thinking why he would see me here. “I’m here to collect my stuff, and also bid farewell to you.” I said. “I didn’t think you would still come back here after how I’ve treated you.” He said sadly. “I’ve heard from your father, why did you lie to me about Yong-oppa?” I asked. “I’m sorry…I wanted to keep you by my side, you were drifting away from me ever since Yonghwa passed on. I was worried.” He said. “Even though I have loved you when you were with Yonghwa, I was happy that he could bring you happiness. As long as you’re happy..”

I’ve no idea why I did that, but I went over and hugged Jong-hoon. The words he had said were genuinely from his heart, I could sense that. He hugged me back tightly and whispered sorry softly to my ears. “Let me walk you home, just like before, when Yonghwa couldn’t walk you home himself.” Jong-hoon smiled. “Okay! It’s been awhile since we’ve talked about life.” I said happily.

We were happily reminiscing about our high school days, and I suddenly missed Yong-oppa a lot. Even though I’ve moved on to Kyuhyun, Yong-oppa would always have his place in my heart forever. When we finally reached my apartment, Jong-hoon pulled me into an embrace. “Hyun, I hope you’re happy with Kyuhyun.” He said while rubbing my back. “If he ever makes you sad, tell me, I will punish him for you.” I giggled at his words, “I will, oppa, and I hope you find your happiness soon.” I said.

“Yah! What are the two of you two doing!”