P1: Chapter Nine

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Nine-

 

Kami lied in Suho’s bed, looking up at the ceiling and waiting for sleep to overcome her consciousness. She lied there like that for a few moments before sighing and rolling onto her side to instead look at the closet door, replaying the day’s events in her mind.

“Then it’s settled,” Luhan announced once Suho had finally accepted the situation and Tao had seen another vision. “We will leave tomorrow first thing in the morning.”

Suho coughed. “I believe that we should have breakfast first, so that we will be prepared for the journey. Where we are traveling we will need our strength. I’ll go out early to catch some fresh fish for us to eat.”

Chanyeol jumped out of his chair in such excitement that Kami literally cringed away from the guy, hiding her small smile. “YES! Our leader is back!” he shouted as he threw his arms into the air.

The ‘leader’ scratched the back of his head. “I may be the leader, but I have no idea how to lead you. I don’t even have my ring of power yet.”

A hand landed on Suho’s shoulder and he looked up to meet Kai’s eyes. “Don’t worry hyung,” Kai said with a light smile. “I don’t have mine either yet. Besides, like Kami said, we believe in you. Hell, at least you understand the situation and this world more than I do.”

Suho raised an eyebrow up in confusion.

That was when Luhan took action and lead Suho out of the room, presumably to explain Kami and Kai’s situation, but not before telling the ‘kids’ to go to bed. Kami had pouted at that, but listened to him anyway.

That was how she found herself lying down trying to sleep. She sighed once again for probably the umpteenth time and rolled around to her other side, determined to at least get some sleep. The next warrior is in the middle of the desert, we need to be strong to survive this.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

The next morning Kami was woken up by the sound of someone rummaging through the room. She sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes. “Who’s there?” she asked groggily as she looked around the dark room. Her eyes landed on a familiar silhouette but in her half asleep state she couldn’t make out who it was. The figure was searching through a draw and didn’t appear to hear her so she called out again. “Hello?”

The figure stopped and turned around. “Sorry Kami-sshi, I just need to get my clothes so I can go fishing. I didn’t think to grab them last night, sorry for waking you.”

“Suho-sshi?” Kami asked.

Suho nodded and returned to what he was doing.

Kami got off the bed and stretched her arms up. “Is it alright for me to go with you? I’m finding it hard to sleep anyway.”

Finding the clothes that he wanted, Suho went to leave the room, signaling with his hand that it was alright for her to go with him but that she should be quiet. Kami followed, running her fingers through her tangled hair as she did so. As the two stepped out of the house she realized that it couldn’t be any later than five in the morning, and that there were two moons hanging in the sky that were starting to set. She shivered, surprised by how cold it was. She wasn’t prepared for this weather, considering she was still in her pajamas from back at her world, a light tee-shirt and leggings. She hadn’t had time to change since she got here, and neither had Kai who wore a tank top and loose sweat pants when he had gone to sleep that night two days ago. Now that she thought about it, she hadn’t had time to wash either and was sure that she was starting to smell.

Suho noticed Kami’s shivering and told her to go back inside as he went to grab clothes for her to change into. He ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter