P2: Chapter Six

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six-

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll only make a crack in the wall blocking your memories. That way they will come back slowly instead of all at once, so you won’t be disoriented,” Luhan said as he approached Kami with his hands outstretched.

Kami sighed and closed her eyes. Moment’s late Luhan’s cold fingers touched her temples. There was a tingling sensations that radiated from his hands, onto her skin, and reached into her brain. Kami found herself letting out small burst of laughter at the sensation, but as the sensation increased she stopped laughing and squinted her eyes tighter to try and fight off the burning sensation. All she could see was red, and the intensity of the sensation kept growing and growing until she heard a loud pop in her head and the red behind her eyes went black.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Kami stood in the throne room of her palace, except at that moment she wasn’t Kami but she was Princess JaeIn. She was five years old and she was standing next to her mother, the Queen, and her father, The King. On the other side of the Queen stood six year old Jongin, the adopted son that the Queen had taken in when his mother, the Queen’s own head servant, passed away giving birth.

In front of them kneeled eleven young boys, which soon became twelve when Jongin was told to join them. The King cleared his throat. “I will now grant you your titles.” Kami watched through JaeIn’s eyes as one by one the boys rose to their feet and their faces were revealed to her to be the younger version of her warriors. “Minseok, age ten, warrior of frost. Luhan, age ten, warrior of the mind. Yifan, age ten, warrior of gravity. Joonmyun, age nine, warrior of water. Yixing, age nine, warrior of health. Baekhyun, age eight, warrior of light. Jongdae, age eight, warrior of lightening. Chanyeol, age eight, warrior of fire. Kyungsoo, age seven, warrior of earth. Zitao, age seven, warrior of time. Jongin, age six, warrior of space. Sehun, age six, warrior of wind. I now grant you the title of Wolf Knights in training and your training with your respective Wolf Knights will begin in an hour. I suggest you take this time to get to know each other, for you will be together for many years to come.”

JaeIn felt a light hand on her shoulder and looked up to see her mother smiling down to her. “Go along,” she said and motioned to the young warriors who had begun to scatter and talk to one another. “You can join them.”

Almost as soon as the smile formed on her face it turned into a frown.

“You are to return to your room JaeIn. Your lesson starts soon,” her father said as he walked past her, placing his hand on her head and ruffling her hair as he went.

She looked up to her mother who only shrugged, and sighed. Before she left the throne room she took one last look at the boys just to find herself staring into the bright eyes of one of them. She felt her cheeks burn as they made eye contact and she turned away from him in a hurry and rushed out of the room.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

JaeIn found herself staring out her window at the garden below. The multiple red, purple, and yellow flowers bent in the wind and the leaves of the trees rustled. The birds chirped in a songlike manner and the sun shone high in the sky. JaeIn sighed as she leaned her head against the frame, wishing to be out there enjoying the garden. There was movement outside the window in the corner of her eye and she looked over to see a few of the warriors out in the garden.

Xuimin sat down against the base of one tree, Yixing kneeled beside him and started to examine the flowers and Yifan floated his body until he was sitting on one of the tree’s branches.

“When do you have guard duty next?” Yifan looked down and asked Xuimin.

Xuimin thought for a moment before answering, “After lunch, I’m taking over for Baekhyun.”

Yifan nodded and swung his legs onto the branch so that he could lean back against the trunk. “Just make sure you aren’t late this time,” he mumbled as he put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

With a pout on his face Xuimin replied, “I was only late because I wanted to finish the last of my food.”

The two then continued to bicker but JaeIn turned her attention to Yixing who had been quiet the whole time. When she looked closely at him she found that he had moved a bit from his original spot and that he was healing a flower that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter