P1: Chapter Thirteen

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note: Here it is, chapter thirteen of part one of The Thirteenth! Things are really going to get rolling from this point~

2morrowsdecision

 

Chapter Thirteen-

 

“A-a-achooo! Ugh,” Kami grumbled as she hugged her arms closer to her body and sniffled. Her and the warriors were currently walking, more like trudging, through the three feet of snow up one of the mountains. It was freezing out and Kami couldn’t figure out whether she was going to die from the cold or from sheer exhaustion. “When are we going to reach the top?” she whined like a five year old.

The warriors, including her brother who was also having a rather difficult time, were not impressed by her antics. “Just shut up will you? You’ve asked that like ten times already!” Baekhyun finally snapped, shocking Kami because she didn’t believe that the sweet hearted Baekhyun she knew for these past few days would have such a raging diva inside of him.

“It’s only been like three,” she mumbled to herself before shuddering as a gust of wind blew her way. She glared at Sehun, knowing full well that the guy could’ve easily directed the wind elsewhere but simply choose not to.

There was only one person enjoying this journey more than she was at the moment.

“Lighten up Earthling, it’s not even cold!” Chanyeol shouted from far in front of her and waving his arms around his head like a child.

Since when did he grow so happy? Kami thought to herself before sighing and picking up her speed to catch up to the rest of the group.

He used to always be like this.

I can’t imagine. Literally, I can’t, he’s always so rude to me even though we agreed to be friends.

Well this may be your only chance to see him like this for a while. He’s always happy when it comes to the winter and the snow.

Kami rolled her eyes at Luhan’s words and smirked thinking about how much like a kid Chanyeol was at the sight of snow.

“Come oooonnnn!!” Chanyeol called from the top of the current hill they were climbing. He was a good distance away from the others so he had to shout really loudly. “The village is right here!! Hurry it up!!”

Even though she couldn’t see the village Kami found herself suddenly motivated. She rushed up the rest of the hill and when she reached the top she doubled over panting while Chanyeol was hitting her back, sending a few waves of warmth through her body. When she finally recovered the rest had reached the top as well and they all stood facing the village.

It was covered in snow, obviously, and all the houses were like little log cabins. There were a few children running outside, building snowmen and having snowball fights. Some adults sat on rocking chairs on their patios and watched the children while others played with their kids. Although it was really freezing out the atmosphere was really warm and left Kami with a smile on her face.

As she was lost in her observations Kai grabbed her hand and started pulling her forward. “Come on, Tao said he saw this Minseok in the store over there in his village. We can’t stay here too long because of the SuJuans.”

Kami snapped out of her thoughts when she found herself inside a store with warm air blowing on her.

“Achoo!” she sneezed again and whipped her nose.

Kai raised his eyebrow at her. “Are you catching a cold?” he asked as he placed a hand on her forehead. “You seem a bit warm to me.”

Kami swipped his hand away. “I’m fine, let’s just find this guy and leave.”

“I agree,” Suho said from behind and coming up to stand next to Kami. “I’m not exactly getting a good feeling about being here.”

“You’re being overdramatic Suho,” Lay said as he started to walk around the store and look at the objects they were selling. “I don’t feel anything here.”

“That’s because you are oblivious to everything,” Baekhyun snorted, rubbing his arms in an attempt to warm himself up.

It seems Baekhyun really hates the cold.

Yeah, he always gets really cranky.

Do you like speaking to me this way so much? You’ve been doing that a lot more often lately. She look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter