P2: Chapter Eight

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eight-

 

When Kami woke up it was midday and she was greeted by a pounding headache. She groaned as she sat up in her bed and put her hand to her head. Ugh, I guess this is what it feels like to be hungover. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up just to have the world spin and to fall back down onto the mattress. Why did I even trust Sehun?

The door creaked open and a head popped in. “Princess?” Lay asked as he glanced at her just awoken and hung over state.

Kami waved her hand for him to come in and sat back up on her bed. Lay walked towards her carefully, having never been in her room before, and slid the desk chair over to her bedside. The two stared at each other in awkward silence before Kami coughed and started to speak. “Why’d you come here Lay?”

Scratching his head Lay adverted his eyes. “Well, I figured you’d have a bit of a hangover considering the state you were in last night, so I guessed that you wouldn’t mind having me heal it for you. I mean, you don’t mind right? Suho is going to continue practice sessions today and Luhan is planning on opening your mind again, so you’d probably like your hangover gone right?” he started rambling, twiddling his thumbs in his lap.

Kami smiled softly at the awkwardness that was Lay. She had never really been able to talk to the warrior so it was expected that he’d be shy, but also unexpected since he always seemed so comfortable with the other warriors around even though he didn’t remember any of them. Kami found him adorable in a weird way which made her a bit uncomfortable because she had never found anyone adorable before. “Lay,” she called out, bringing his attention back to her and away from his hands. The smile was still on her face when she said, “That’d be nice.”

Lay’s eyes widened and he returned his gaze to his hands, blocking his face from her view. “Now I know why Sehun wanted to cheer you up, you’re much prettier when you smile,” he mumbled under his breath.

“What was that?” Kami asked, her face scrunching up in confusion.

In panic Lay started to wave his hands frantically around his flushed face. “I-I said that I’ve never healed internal wounds be-before so I don’t know how well I can d-do!”

The smile returned to Kami’s face as she caught one of his waving hands in hers and brought it down. “Well it’s worth a shot,” she said softly to him. Then her smile dropped as she glanced at their hands entwined together. She blushed madly, squinted her eyes closed, and pulled her hand away with such force that Lay was actually dragged forward a bit and had to put his hands on the edge of his bed to steady himself.

Kami opened her eyes and caught her breath. Lay’s nose was inches from her own, his hands, while on the bed, were touching the sides of her bare thighs. His breath was hot on her face yet she couldn’t turn away. His face was so close to hers and she found that when she examined his face that it was more sharply structured than she had thought it was. Slowly Lay opened his own eyes to find the position they were in. It took a moment for him to process and they both sat there staring into each other’s eyes as the blushed deepened on their cheeks before he shot away from her and returned to him seat.

“Well,” Lay said, his voice surprisingly deeper than Kami had heard it before. She looked at him to see him rubbing the back on his neck and looking right at her. She was the one to advert her eyes this time and instead busied herself with pulling the sheet of her bed over her legs. She heard the creak of the chair as he stood up and felt him looming over her. “I think I should heal this headache of yours and then get going. Suho must be waiting to announce the pairs by now.”

Kami nodded, still not looking at Lay out of embarrassment, and felt his hand press down on her head. She closed her eyes, not knowing what to expect. Soon a cooling sensation found its way to her scalp and sat there for a second before it seemed to press through her head and wrap around her brain. Kami bit her lip as she felt as if she was getting a brain freeze when suddenly the cooling sensation warmed up and then disappeared. When Kami opened her eyes she found that the dizziness had gone and that she felt like normal again. She smiled unsurely up at Lay and thanked him before saying that she would be down to the meeting room after changing. Nodding he made his way out of her room, almost falling over the chair on his way.

When Kami was dressed she made her way down to the meeting room wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter