P1: Chapter Fifteen

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Fifteen-

 

Baekhyun was humming to himself with his eyes closed as he stood against the wall and watched as the ladies and lords of the land danced around in the center of the room. He was bored, and even though several women had approached him and asked for a dance, he declined them all. He much rather have stood where he was than join the others in the celebration of the Queen’s birthday.

He sighed and opened his eyes just to find a small plate with a brownie and a few cookies on it. He followed the hand that was holding the plate to meet the hazel eyes of a girl covered in a dark veil a few years younger than himself.

He bowed immediately and didn’t raise his head as he greeted, “My princess.”

The princess pushed the plate closer to him. “Get up Baekhyun, please accept my gift.”

Baekhyun raised his head and tentatively took the plate from the princess. As he met her eyes once again he could’ve sworn that she was smiling although he couldn’t see her face from behind her veil. “Thank you princess, but you shouldn’t be down here, let along conversing with me.”

“I converse with whoever I want,” she grumbled. “Besides, you’re my friend and I should be able to bring you a plate of treats to cheer you up.”

A smile crossed Baekhyun’s face and he once again thanked the princess before telling her to return to her throne on the balcony.

The princess listened to him and walked away, but not before making sure that he had taken a few bites of the food she had given him.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

The air, if it was even possible, continued to grow colder the more the group got away from the village. Kami found herself nearing closer and closer to Chanyeol unconsciously since he radiated warmth from his body. Unfortunately, that also meant that she kept moving further and further away from Xiumin who seemed to make the cold even colder. She had nothing against Xiumin, and he did seem like he would make a really great friend considering how easygoing he was and how often he smiled, but there was no way that she wanted to become sick again.

Chanyeol on the other hand, wasn’t as happy as he had been when they were on their way to the village. Kami found it weird because he had been so excited about the cold and now he seemed anxious as he looked around every so often.

It wasn’t just Chanyeol though. It seemed as if all the warriors who hadn’t been reincarnated were on edge too. As if they could sense something that the other five, including Kami, could not sense.

The group was crossing what would have been an open field if it wasn’t for the snow that blanketed the ground.

“I don’t like this,” Tao mumbled, but the silence around them made it possible for the others to hear him. “I feel like we are being watched.”

Kai looked around and shrugged. “We can’t be, we’re in an open area with no places around for someone to hid in.”

“The snow,” Baekhyun said. “That’s a clear place to hide.”

“Especially if the person hiding was used to ambushing in this environment,” Sehun added.

“Oh come on,” Kai whined loudly. “There is no way anyone is going to freeze their asses off in the snow just to amb-“

Suddenly Kai was cut off as he was thrown to the ground by Tao. Suho, Lay, and Xuimin were thrown down by Baekhyun, Sehun, and Luhan respectively, while Kami found herself face first in the snow with a heating blanket on top of her.

“Chanyeol,” she grumbled, turning her head to the side and spitting out the snow that had found its way into . A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter