P2: Chapter Eleven

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eleven-

 

The castle had grown dark since the sun had set, and only the candles and the thin rays of moonlight the flittered through the windows lit up the hallways. Most of the servants had retired to their rooms or were cleaning up this and that, so there weren’t many people in the halls, which suited Kami just fine. A smile was on her face as she walked down the empty halls, taking small steps to enjoy her freedom more before she herself went to bed, though she did smile even more at the thought of sleeping in a nice and fluffy bed. Tonight is going to be a great night. Her smile however faded when she rounded a corner to be met with two warriors.

Kris was leaning against the wall across from Kami’s bedroom open door, and Baekhyun was in the doorframe. Baekhyun was frantically tapping his hand against the doorframe, his face red and his eyes wild, his hair messed up from his other hand which repeatedly ruffled his hair. Kris though seemed calm with his arms folded across his chest. The tight line his lips made and the wrinkles at the corners of his narrowed eyes though showed that he too was worried.

“Where the hell is she?! She should be in her room resting after that memory session with Luhan. He even said that she seemed really fazed about it!” Baekhyun shouted, throwing his arms into the air.

Kris’s eyes narrowed even more. “She’s probably fine Baekhyun, maybe she’s taking a bath in the hot springs.”

Baekhyun’s hands gripped his hair and it looked like he was about to rip it all out of his scalp. “She didn’t even know there was a pool, I doubt she knows there’s a hot spring! Besides, she didn’t show up to dinner either!”

“Sorry,” Kami called out lightly, making the two turn their heads towards her. “I wasn’t hungry and I just went out to get fresh air in the garden.”

Suddenly Baekhyun lunged forward, arms reached out, and pulled Kami into his chest. He put his head on her own and her eyes widened as she found herself looking over his shoulder. “I was worried, you scared me to death. Don’t do that again,” he mumbled to her.

Kami hesitantly brought her hand up and patted his back. “Alright, I won’t,” she said to him softly. She moved a little in his embrace and found herself staring into Kris’s eyes. He was still near her door, but he wasn’t leaning against the wall anymore. The look in his eyes as they met her’s was one of confusion. Kami pulled herself out of Baekhyun’s arms and looked at him instead of Kris.

He too had a confused look on his face and when he put the back of his hand on her forehead his confusion grew more evident. “Are you feeling alright Kami? You don’t seem to be acting the same as you normally do.”

Kami shook her head. “I’m alright, just tired is all.”

Baekhyun nodded in understanding and stepped out of her way so that she could go to her room. They briefly said goodnight and Kami walked over to her room. Once again she made eye contact with Kris who still looked a bit confused and disbelieving. She said goodnight to him, which he replied with his own goodnight, before stepping into the room and closing the door behind her. She walked over to the bed and flopped down on it. Damn, I was almost figured out. I’ll have to be really careful around them from now on.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Kami sat on the cold dungeon floor, her arms wrapped against her knees which were pulled to her chest, and her head resting in her arms. She couldn’t see anything since there was no light, not even the moonlight since there were no windows in the dungeon. She didn’t know what time it was though she thought it was night, and the only things she had to help her pass the time were her own thoughts and the constant dripping of water from somewhere down the end of the hall. She reached drop number 237 when she sighed and buried her head into her arms.

How the hell will I get out of here?

She closed her eyes, which soothed her a bit because it gave her the thought that she couldn’t see a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter