P2: Chapter One

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part Two:

The Memories

 

 

Chapter One-

 

“Hello? Is anyone there? Is anyone listening? Hello?” Kami asked in a shaky and small voice. The room she was in was covered in darkness with no light coming in even from the crack under the door that she knew was definitely around somewhere. If only she could find that door, she could get out. She could escape. “Hello?” she tried again.

There was no sound anywhere except for the wind that blew violently outside and the soft sniffles that came from her nose.

“Anyone… please… help me.”

*Creek*

Kami snapped her head towards the noise but scooted back on the floor. She squinted, trying to see in the darkness, but it was not use. She knew that the door had opened, but there hadn’t been any light that came through it, which meant that it was dark outside in the hallway too and that could only mean that it was already nighttime and that everyone had gone to bed.

Everyone but whoever had entered.

“Hello?”  she asked out again, this time even more hesitantly and in an even softer voice.

“It’s alright, it’s just me,” a light voice responded and Kami found herself letting out a breath that she didn’t even know she was holding. The person who the voice belonged to sat down next to her, put their arms around her shoulders, and pulled her into their chest. The person patted her head and cooed softly. “Shh shh, it’s alright, let it out. Let it all out. I’m here for you and I will always be here for you.”

That was exactly what she did. She broke down, her body shaking and her desperate cries muffled by the fabric of the person’s shirt. They sat like that for a long time, her crying and they just patting her head and muttering sweet things that she couldn’t even catch. When her crying stopped she was still shaking but she pulled back and looked at the person’s face which was now somewhat illuminated by the light of the rising sun.

“Thank you… Oppa.”

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Kami fidgeted in her chair as the warriors around her talked. They had all arrived at Kris’s castle earlier and had gotten reacquainted slightly. They now all sat at a long dining table in what Kris had decided would be their “meeting headquarters.” Kami sat near the middle of the table. To her right was Lay, Chanyeol, and Tao. On her left was Kai and Sehun. Across from Sehun up to Tao was Xuimin, Chen, Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kris with the seat in front of Kami empty. Suho sat at the head of the table next to Kris and Tao, and behind Kami lied D.O on the floor. D.O had tried to sit in the seat across from Kami but was immediately kicked off by Luhan who said it wasn’t his seat, but the seat for the reincarnation of Kyungsoo to which D.O just growled and then went to where he now slept.

“And you haven’t had any success finding the princess or the reincarnation of Kyungsoo?” Suho asked as he leaned his head into his hands.

Tao nodded. “Everytime I try to look I get turned around and end up coming back to us.”

“Even with me guiding him the results are the same. We can’t find the princess or Kyungsoo,” Luhan added.

*Woof*

Kami turned around to look at D.O. “I thought you were asleep,” she mumbled at him and then pointed at him signaling him to be quiet. It seemed as if he rolled his eyes before going back to sleep.

“Then I guess we have no choice but to send out a small search team each day,” Suho sighed, snapping Kami back into attention.

“But what about the SuJuan Army? What if they attack the search team?”

Suho thought for a second but before he could answer, Kris did.

“That’s why the search team will consist of three members. Kai so that they can teleport to the Below and back, Luhan so that he can scan the area with his mind for the princess and Kyungsoo but also for the SuJuans, and Chanyeol in case a fight does break out.”

“I agree,” Baekhyun spoke up. “But I also think we should hold training practices. The reincarnations don’t really know how to use their powers, and those who aren’t reincarnated are a bit rusty.”

“Not to mention we don’t even know what Kami’s power is yet,” Xuimin added.

“Exactly, which is why I have decided that training will be done in groups of two with one group of three while the search team is out,” Suho said and then looked to the three in the search team. “I am trusting you that you will find some time to practice as you are looking.” When the three nodded Suho continued. “There will be a new pair each day so as we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter