P1: Chapter Twenty-One

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty-One-

 

“That ring doesn’t look like any other warrior ring, but I just know that it is one,” Kai said as he sat down on the couch in his living room, holding the ring up to the light and examining it. There was a pressure on his left as Chen sat down and joined him on the couch. “Who’s do you think it is?”

Chen scoffed at him and put his feet up on the coffee table which Kai shot him a dirty look for. “How the hell should I know? I didn’t even know that these warriors existed a while ago.”

“You talk as if you aren’t one of us,” Kai grumbled and brought his hand that was holding the ring down until it rested in his lap. “Look, Chen. I’m not so keen on this idea of being a warrior either. I mean, this is my home, not that other world. I was and am not the type to fight. If it wasn’t for Kami I wouldn’t be going along with all of this.”

There was a pause as Chen took in what Kai was saying. Looking at Kai he asked, “What do you mean if it wasn’t for Kami?”

Kai sighed and shook his head. “It’s nothing.”

A hand landed on Kai’s shoulder causing him to look up and meet Chen’s eyes. “Maybe it is something?”

Biting his lip Kai thought about what he was going to say next. “Well, Kami isn’t exactly welcomed in this house. My mother and my uncle don’t treat her well because of who her parents were, and I’m the only person she has besides her friends at school. Even a lot of the kids at school don’t really like her because she’s a child out of wedlock, but I never cared about that. There had always been something about Kami that, I don’t know, made me want to protect her. For some reason, I feel like I understand how she feels, though I know that really isn’t possible. So I want to be there for her, no matter what, and that is why I decided to go along with all of this warrior stuff.” Kai looked away from Chen as he finished. He closed his eyes and twirled the ring around in his hand nervously.

The pressure on the couch next to him disappeared and Kai looked back up to see Chen standing with his hand outstretched towards him and a smile on his face. “Then let’s go back.”

Kai smiled, nodded his head, and took Chen’s hand in his as he stood up. “Let’s,” he said as he closed his eyes and thought of Kami.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Kami sighed as she petted D.O who lied down next to her. “Luhan said they were almost here, and the fact that his voice could reach my mind from here must mean that he’s really close, but they’ve yet to show up,” she whined and pouted.

D.O lazily lifted his head to look at her but put it back down almost interesting.

“I wish you were human D.O, not that I don’t like you like this, but I bet it’d be nice to have an actual conversation with you.”

The two sat there in silence watching and waiting for the warriors to show up. The sun had risen to its peak since Kami had first told Luhan where she was, and it had been a few minutes since he was able to make contact with her.

Kami took a deep breath and shouted out, “When will they get here?!”

“Impatient aren’t you?” a deep voice said in response.

Kami whipped her head in the direction that it came from to see Chanyeol and the other warriors coming closer to her. She winced when she caught sight of their wounds but stood up and ran to meet them halfway. She lightly pulled the closest one to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter