P1: Chapter Five

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Five-

 

“Where is she?” a commanding voice rang in Kami’s ears. She winced from the sharpness of it and continued to lie in the darkness surrounding her. She felt at peace, she felt safe, she felt warm and all she wanted was to stay where she was, but that voice had other plans. “Tell me!” it yelled again.

“She’s safe ok? She’s right over there in that tent sleeping,” a light and slightly girlish voice said, soothing Kami and making her nuzzle closer to the warmth.

“Geez, why do you care so much about a mere Earthling Jongin?” a deep voice rang out, obviously angry. It sent shudders down her spine and an uneasy feeling formed in her stomach.

“She’s my sister!” the commanding voice roared, and Kami now recognized it as her brother’s.

That’s when all the memories came flooding back to her. Kai having his nightmare, waking up surrounded by silver leafed trees, the cat-like snake-like beast, the blood coming out of Kai’s back, the baby faced boy crouched in front of her.

Kami shot up with a gasp. She looked around and took in her surroundings quickly. She was on some sort of mat made out of fur and was in a dark tent that allowed no light to come in. There was a small light radiating from a corner behind her and she looked towards it just to be blinded for a moment. As her eyes adjusted she found a pair of dark eyes on a blond haired boy sitting on a stool. He looked at her with a wide smile and his eyes were filled with wonder and excitement. The light seemed to be coming from his skin and not from a lamp like Kami first expected. As she met his eyes and squinted the light became dimmer.

“Sorry,” he said in a soft and fleeting voice. “I wasn’t expecting you to wake up like that. I got a bit startled and lost control a little,” he grimaced and rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

“Who are you?” Kami asked and she was surprised at how hoarse her voice was.

The boy looked back at her and the smile returned to his face. “I’m Baekhyun. You’re Kami, Jongin’s Earthling sister right?”

Kami’s eyebrows knitted together. The boy standing before her was making no sense at all to her. “Who’s Jongin?” she asked.

At that moment the flap to the tent fluttered open and when Kami looked, Kai stood there panting heavily. Sweat was formed on his forehead and he looked pissed off. Kami glanced back at Baekhyun to see him jutting his thumb towards Kai. “Jongin,” he said.

Kai glared at Baekhyun. “How many times do I have to tell you guys? I’m not Jongin, I’m Kai!”

“Yeah right Jongin,” the deep voice grunted and in walked a tall, baby faced man. His brown hair was curly and just made his face not suit his voice even more. A deep frown was etched into his face and Kami thought that it really didn’t fit him. As she was studying him, he sent a glare towards her and Kami felt her body stiffen under his scrutinizing eyes.

The flap to the tent moved again and in came three more guys. One was the boy Kami met right before she passed out, Luhan, but the other two she hadn’t seen before. Both of them were nearly as tall as the deep voiced man. One of them had bags under his eyes and the other was pouting. Kami couldn’t help but look at all the guys again. They were all gorgeous in their own ways. Hell, even Oppa can be confused for one of them it I didn’t know any better.

“I don’t like her at all,” the deep voice woke her up from her daze. The boy it belonged to sent her another glare before he walked out of the tent.

Luhan sighed and shook his head. “Don’t mind Chanyeol, he’s been a bit tense these days.”

Chanyeol huh? Kami thought as she looked towards the flap that still moved slightly.

“Jongin, why don’t you sit down next to Kami as we explain your situation to you both? You can give us some answers to our questions as well.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter