P1: Chapter Twelve

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twelve:

 

It was dark and musty. He felt cramped, though he knew that it wasn’t actually him that felt it. The feeling came from the memories of the person who’s mind he was in.

A sudden clang sounded not too far off and he felt his, no the person’s, body shiver and cower closer into the corner, the fear rushing straight into him with such force that he was almost knocked out. He held his hold on the mind though and continued to watch the scene in front of him unfold.

The person’s head whipped around at the sound of another clang, this time closer. He could see a small ray of light near the floor and he guessed it was coming from the other side of a door.

“Where are you, you little brat?!” a woman’s voice yelled out.

There was a soft cry from the person as they tried to push themselves farther into the corner, except that that was impossible to do since the person’s back was already pressed against the wall. There were footsteps coming closer and closer, and when there was a shadow blocking the light from under the door, the footsteps stopped.

Sheer panic burst into his mind as the door swung open revealing a woman who’s face was burning red with anger. The only thing he could make out as he was pushed out of the memory was the woman coming closer and a soft whisper.

“No, please, don’t hurt me again.”

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Although she didn’t know it, even since he had looked into her mind Luhan had been staring at Kami every now and again. What he had found in her mind made him shudder and look at her in pity. He hadn’t meant to look at anything more than her nightmare, but he had lost control for one second because he had been surprised by how deep and complex her mind as well as her emotions were. Still, he was dumbfounded by losing control because he never lost control, except for with one person before.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Luhan. A soft and tender voice called out in his head.

He was sitting on the floor, facing an all too familiar door that he was never allowed to open. Yes, Princess?

You’ve seen the world beyond this castle haven’t you?

Yes. He replied back to her instantly. He was curious as to why the princess chose to speak to him in his mind instead of out loud like she normally did.

Do you think you could show me what you have seen?

You mean in your mind, Princess?

Yes. I have never been able to look at anything outside of this castle besides what I can see from my window. I am bored, my books can only stimulate my imagination so much when I have so little to go off of.

Luhan sighed to himself, but none the less scooted across the hallway so that he was sitting directly in front of the door. Normally I need physical contact for this, he said as he placed his hand against the door. But I might be able to do it if you are also touching this door.

There was the rustling of fabrics from the other side and soon enough there was a soft thump on the door, signaling the princess must have done what he asked.

Ok. Here we go.

That night Luhan had shone the princess many things from the outside world. He had shown her the small cottage which he and his family had grown up in before he moved to the palace, he showed her the sea at dawn and the forest at sunset. He had shown her the night sky as the moons hung above the castle. Luhan could feel the princess’s excitement and wonder as if it was his own, and it startled him for just a brief moment, but that moment was enough to let the princess show him something unconsciously.

Something that he dared not mention to anyone. Not to the princess, not to the warrior that was involved, and definitely not to the king and queen for he did not wish to see the warrior, his friend, hung for his actions.

He had p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter