P2: Chapter Nine

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Nine-

 

“And just what the hell is this?!” Kami shouted out.

“It’s a pool,” Suho stated as a matter of fact.

Kami glared at him. “I know it’s a god damn pool but…”

The two were standing next to each other facing a large, indoor rectangular pool. The room was brightly lit, and the floor was white tiles. The majority of the walls were made out of glass, allowing Kami to see that they were on the first floor and she could see into the garden.

“But what?” Suho asked, turning to her.

Instead of facing him Kami looked at the pool again. It’s so huge, I can only imagine what the depth is. She shuddered and cast her gaze downwards.

Noticing her actions Suho smirked and shook his head. “Do you not know how to swim?”

“O-of course I know how to swim!” Kami shouted with a huff.

Suho sighed and smiled sweetly. He walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. “I will keep you safe princess.”

Kami felt her cheeks heating up so she refused to look at him. Instead she asked, “So how are we going to train here?”

Taking his hand off her shoulder and turning to the pool Suho said, “Well, since you don’t know how to swim I guess we will start by sitting on the edge and putting our legs in. This is more of a meditative training than anything else. You will have to focus on how I move the water around you. Try to predict its movement, try to become one with the water and try to move with it. When you feel you mind it clear we will them progress to the next stage.”

Kami didn’t bother to ask what the ‘next stage’ was and instead just went over and sat on the edge of the pool. She rolled up her pants legs as Suho appeared next to her, doing the same thing, and then stuck her feet in. Cold! She frowned as her legs were submerged. Why is an indoor pool so cold?

Suho took his seat next to her and put his legs in as well. He, too, didn’t expect the cold and flinched, his leg knocking into Kami’s leg. “Sorry,” he mumbled to her as he scooted away from her a bit. “Now then, close your eyes, I’ll start to move the water slowly.”

Taking a deep breath Kami closed her eyes and waited for the movement of the water. One moment passed, then another and another and the water still wasn’t moving. She opened on of her eyes and looked at Suho to see him staring at her. She raised her eyebrow to ask what was wrong, causing him to shake his head frantically and look down towards the water. Kami could’ve sworn that his cheeks gained a bit of color. Kami closed her eyes again and waited, this time the water did move.

The water swirled around her legs, lifting them this way and that way. With a frown Kami stilled her legs so that they wouldn’t move.

“Remember, you’re supposed to become one with the water, so don’t try to work against it,” Suho’s soft and whispery voice reminded her.

Taking another deep breath Kami released the tension in her legs. The water continued to flow smoothly and she sat there letting her legs move with it. After a few moments had passed she let out a breath that she didn’t realize she was holding as her mind lost all thoughts. The only thing her mind could think of was the softness of the water and how good it felt to just go with the flow. She was so lost in thought that she didn’t realize that Suho was no longer sitting next to her, and was instead in the water in front of her floating.

Using the water he pulled her legs forward carefully, and using his hands he grabbed her own hands and guided her into the water. As soon as the coldness of the water hit the rest of her body Kami’s eyes snapped open and she gasped. She looked around to see that she was in the water and started to panic when she realized that her feet couldn’t touch the ground. Almost immediately Suho pulled her to him and hugged her around the waist.

“Don’t worry, I got you,” he whispered into her ear, calming her down some.

Then she realized something else and pushed away from him with such force that he lost his hold on her. Without his hold she found herself starting to sink into the water. Except, of course, she never went under since Suho used his powers to push her back to him and took her hands in his again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter