P1: Chapter Twenty

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty-

 

“You mean to tell me that you aren’t even from the Below but from this place called Earth instead?” Kai nodded at Chen. The two of them were walking through the local outdoor market and were making their way towards Kai’s house. Chen threw his arms up into the air in an exaggerated fashion, causing a few people to shoot glances at the two guys. “This is waaaayyyy too much for me to take in.”

“You’re telling me,” Kai sighed in response. He looked around and saw that the people around them were looking at them weirdly. It’s because of the clothes. These are definitely not from around here.

The two left the bounds of the market and returned to the main street, just a few blocks down from the house.

“Hey Kai dude!” a voice called out and suddenly Kai was clobbered by an arm being place around his shoulders. When he found his footing again he looked up to see Taemin smiling at him and that Key, Jonghyun, Onew, and Minho were also there. “Where have you been?!”

Kai bit his lip and looked at Chen for help but then realized that Chen would be no help at all. Looking back at Taemin he chuckled weakly.

Luckily enough for him Minho spoke up before he had to answer. “Who’s this?” he asked, nodding his head towards Chen.

“That’s Chen, a uh, cousin of mine.”

“Cool story bro,” Taemin pipped up again. “But seriously, where were you? You’ve missed like a week of school and even the professors have noticed, which like never happens because they’re college professors and they couldn’t give a if you showed up to class.”

“I wasn’t that serious about making you pay your share considering you pay for me a lot,” Onew spoke up.

“Maybe his mom finally made him crack,” Key said and nudged Jonghyun with a mischievous look on his face.

Kai had enough of their endless bickering and started to walk towards his house again. Chen jogged to catch up to him and so did the other guys. “I was just visiting Chen with Kami that’s all,” Kai said to shut the guys up.

“Then where’s Kami now? Sara was getting worried about her,” Jonghyun asked.

“She’s still at my house with my sister,” Chen answered, startling Kai who looked at him like he had three heads. Chen just shrugged at him.

The group arrived in front of Kai’s house and Key turned to face the two. “Well that makes sense I guess. Hey, we were planning on catching that new spy movie, you guys want to check it out with us?” Key asked them.

Kai shook his head. “No thanks. Besides, mom hasn’t seen Chen in years and is looking forward to seeing him again.”

Key shrugged. “Your loss. I guess we’ll see you around?”

Kai nodded and the guys said their goodbyes, leaving Chen and Kai in front of his house.

When the two entered the house Kai called out to his mother but there was no answer. He then called out to his uncle and there was no answer as well. He turned to Chen. “They must be out, that’s good.” He went to go to the kitchen but stopped and looked at Chen again. “Where did you come up with that lie earlier anyways? You couldn’t have really understood the conversation that much.”

Chen scoffed and rolled his eyes. “I’m a thief remember? I make my living off lying, especially in situations that I don’t understand.”

“Touché. Wait here, I’m going to go and get some food to bring back with us when I regain my strength.”

Once Kai had disappeared into the kitchen Chen glanced around the house. When he spotted the stairs leading up to the bedrooms he smirked to himself and started to head up them. He went into the first room on his right, leading him into Kai’s mother’s room. Looking around he saw what he was looking for. “Bingo,” he mumbled and rubbed his hands together, walking towards the jewelry box. He wiggled his finger’s before opening the cover. “I wonder how much the jewels from this world will go for?” he asked himself as he picked up several necklaces and bracelets and examined them. When he went to reach in and grab another piece of jewelry his hands touched something with a different texture. He pulled it out curiously and found that it was an envelope. “Huh, it’s addressed to Kami.”

“What’s addressed to Kami?”

Chen whipped around, dropping the jewelry back into the box but keeping the envelope. Kai stood leaning against the door frame looking at Chen with an eyebrow raised.

“I won’t even ask what you were doing in here, I can guess, but what’s that letter?”

Chen held out the envelope to Kai who took it and looked at it briefly before opening it. “My mother must not have wanted Kami to have this. From the writing on the front it looks like it was from our father.” Once opened he pulled out a piece of paper and started to read the letter.

 

Dear Kami,

 

I know that you haven’t even been born yet while I am writing this, but I believe that this is important for you to know when you are older.

I am not your actual father.

I have told your mother, who I am having an affair with since I am married to another woman, that even though she is pregnant with you who is another man’s child that I would still think of you as my own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter