P1: Chapter Sixteen

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Sixteen-

 

The light hit the back of Kami’s eyelids with such force that she felt herself trying to shut her eyes even more, although that wasn’t possible since they were already closed. “Kai,” she spoke up as she felt his hands remove themselves from hers. She didn’t dare to open her eyes since she wasn’t used to the light yet. “Where are we?”

There was a pause and Kai gasped.

“What is it? Where are we?” Kami asked again, this time more worried.

“You will not believe this,” Kai mumbled. Suddenly Kami felt his hands clamp down onto her shoulders. “Open your eyes! It’s amazing!”

Slowly Kami opened her eyes. When she did she gasped just like Kai had. “What the hell?”

Before the two was a sea of white fluffiness the moved ever so slowly. Further in the distance was a city surrounded by a huge wall, and in the center was a giant castle that reached up so high that the top disappeared into another sea of white fluffiness that floated about their heads.

The wind blew, ruffling Kami’s shoulder length hair. She looked up to Kai who in turn looked down to her. “Are you also getting a Castle in the Sky feel here?” she asked him and he nodded his head. She turned her attention back to the city and the castle. “Do you think this Jongdae is there?”

“Yeah. Let’s get going.”

The two started to walk forward and Kami wondered how it was that they were able to walk on the clouds. It felt so surreal, but the whole journey since she left Earth felt surreal to her. It was like a dream that she found herself trapped in, granted a very complicated dream that she doubted she would be able to think up even if she was unconscious.

Something brushed against her arm causing her to break out of her thoughts. When she looked down at it she saw the little voodoo doll that Luhan had given her. She unclipped it from her pants and brought it up to look at it more closely. She sighed and rubbed one of its beady eyes to clean it. I hope you’re all alright.

Suddenly she felt herself being pushed and she felt the voodoo doll leaving her hands. As she regained her balance she saw a man a bit older than her running away towards the city with her doll in his hand.

“Hey!” she shouted out towards him but the man didn’t stop. Kami broke out into a run and Kai ran after her. “Give that back you thieving !”

Soon enough the guy was right in front of the wall with no escape in sight and Kami smirked as she neared him. I got you now!

As soon as that thought crossed her mind, the man ran right up to the wall and jumped onto it. Kami’s eyes widened and she skidded to a stop as she watched him scale that wall that was easily twice her height. Once at the top he jumped over and vanished from their sight.

Kami groaned. Kai appeared next to her and doubled over, putting his hands on his knees. “What the hell was that?”

Kami shook her head at her brother. “We have to get that back. Luhan said that I can communicate with him through that, and that’s our only way to know that they are alright. Can you teleport us to the other side of that wall?”

“No,” Kai answered straight away, huffing and puffing while trying to regain his breath. “That teleportation that got us here seems like it drained me of all my energy. I don’t think I can teleport again for a while.”

“Tsk.” Kami brought her hand up to and started to bite her nails, a bad habit that she had when she was frustrated and trying to think. Her eyes widened and she looked excitedly at Kai who just raised an eyebrow in return. “Could you hoist me up and then I’ll pull you over with me?”

Kai rolled his eyes but nodded his head. “We could try.”

Kami smirked and rubbed her hands together. “Just wait until I get my hands on that guy, he’s going to regret deciding to steal from me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter