P1: Chapter Four

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Four-

 

When Kami opened her eyes she had no idea what to expect. She was in a small clearing in a giant forest. It was dark, only small amounts of what seemed to be moonlight was filtered through the leaves of the trees. The leaves were in different hues of silver and Kami had to blink a few times and move her head from side to side to make sure that it wasn’t the moonlight reflecting off the leaves. The trunks of the trees were white with black streaks on them like a few of the trees she had seen when she was back home compared to wherever she was now.

One thing was for certain, she knew this was not home.

Once she had finished taking in the scenery she looked to her right to find Kai still sleeping. Even with the circumstances around them, Kami let a soft smile form on her face when she looked at her brother sleeping so soundly unlike he had been moments before they had arrived wherever they were. He looks so peaceful, much better than before. As long as we’re together it doesn’t matter where we a-

*Rustle rustle*

Kami’s head whipped around to find where the sound was coming from. Her eyes couldn’t see very clearly with the little light around them, but she swore she saw the bush in front of her move. She bit her lip and moved closer to Kai. “Hey. Hey wake up,” she whispered in his ear while shaking his body softly as to not create too much sound, all the while keeping her eyes glued to the bush which now grew still.

A groan escaped from Kai’s mouth and Kami shot a brief look to see his eyes fluttering open before she looked back to the bush to find that it had moved slightly again. “Wake up Oppa.”

“What is it Kami? I’m awake so what do you-“

Kai drew in breath sharply. His eyes wandered around everywhere as he abruptly sat up. Kami put her hands on his shoulders, her full attention turned to him, and tried to keep his movements to a minimum. She had no effect and Kai kept turning here and there to take in everything around him.

“Where the hell are we?!”

“SHUT UP AND STOP MOVING!”

Kai met Kami’s eyes with his and saw the panic in them. Her glare was intense and Kai could feel his own panic about where they were shifting to a different type of panic when he felt that it wasn’t just his sister’s eyes looking at him.

*Rustle rustle*

Immediately both of their heads turned to the bush to find it moving even more than it had been earlier. Kai shifted to put himself in front of Kami to block her from whatever was watching them. Kami returned her hands to his shoulders to try and tell him not to put himself into danger but he just shook them off.

*Growl*

Kami bit her lip and Kai’s body tensed. “Stay behind me,” he mumbled to her.

The bush rustled more until finally a figure stepped out from behind it. Even with the barely visible light the siblings could tell that the figure was not human. It resembled a giant cat, but it seemed to have no fur. As it stepped closer into a patch of moonlight the two realized that it was covered with scales and that its tail was long and looked like that of a rattle snake. Even its ears were made out of scales and it was surprising that it still had whiskers.

“What i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter