P2: Chapter Three

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Three-

 

“Alright so the search team just set out to find Kyungsoo. The pairs for today’s training are Baekhyun and me, Kris and Chen, Xuimin and Lay, and lastly Kami, Tao, and Sehun,” Suho announced when everyone had just finished breakfast.

Kami groaned to herself thinking about how she had to be with Tao again and how Sehun, who she also practically didn’t talk to, was joining them. With a sigh she got up and followed the both of them to the same practice room as the day before. When she heard soft footsteps behind them she turned to see that D.O hadn’t gone out with the search team again and was instead following her around. Kami motioned for him to come closer and he bounded up to her, snuggling his head into her hand that had the ring on it.

Kami laughed as D.O kept pushing his head almost desperately into her hand. “Alright alright,” she said and started to rub his ears.

*Woof*

“No?” Kami asked him and he stared at her. Her smile widened. “Then what about this?” she asked as she started to pet his neck instead.

*Woof*

She pouted as he rubbed his snout against her hand again before walking ahead of her. “Picky much? Weirdo,” she mumbled.

Just then they arrived at the practice room and walked in. When they were in the middle of the room Tao and Sehun turned to face her. Kami was creeped out by the weird smiles they were giving her. Tao flicked his wrist, slowing down the time in the room again like he did yesterday.

“Sooo,” Kami said, drawing it out. “What are we doing today?” She really didn’t like the look they shared when she asked that.

Sehun walked over to the wall and sat down leaning against it, while Tao went over to the practice dolls. The dolls were holding long wooden rods in their hands and he took two of them. He walked back over to Kami and tossed one of the rods to her which she caught clumsily.

“We are going to train your stamina this time,” Tao stated as he got into a crouching position holding the rod in both of his hands.

Kami’s eyebrows knitted together. “What do you mean?”

“He means that you aren’t leaving this room until you beat him in a round,” Sehun shouted over from where he sat.

“That’s right,” Tao nodded. “Rings typically don’t like to work for someone who is physically weak, so we’re hoping that if you increase your stamina that your ring might reveal your power.”

“And all I have to do is beat you in a fight?” Kami asked him and when he nodded she got into a similar position as him.

Sehun yawned and raise him arm weakly into the air. He brought it down shouting, “Start!”

That was all Kami needed as she lunged forward towards Tao, swinging the rod to his side. Right before the rod made contact with his side Tao blocked it with his own rod and then sent a kick into Kami’s stomach.

Kami lurched back, managing to dodge most of the force but not all of it. Before she could recover Tao had already started his attack and was aiming at her knees with the rod. Kami jumped over the rod as it went circling underneath her. As she landed though a huge gust of wind blew straight at her and she lost her footing, causing her to land on her .

When she opened her eyes she saw Tao standing above her with his rod positioned at her neck. “I win,” he said.

She pushed his rod away and stood up, glaring at Sehun. She stomped over to him and poked him harshly in the shoulder with her rod. “What the hell was that for?!” she yelled at him.

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I need to practice too you know.”

“Kami, Sehun is here for a reason. Out in the actual battle field there will be adverse conditions such as harsh winds and even earthquakes. Sehun is here to provide the wind as if this were on an actual battle field,” Tao stated.

Kami shot a look down at Sehun who had closed his eyes and started humming to himself. She then turned around and glared at Tao. “Why didn’t you tell me this in the first place?”

“Because the wind is unexpected,” Sehun snorted. Kami kicked his outstretched leg before she walked back to the middle of the room and took her stance again.

As Tao started to go into his stance the door creaked open and a low growl came from D.O who had placed himself on guard near the door.

“Whoa there wolfy,” a light voice laughed.

Kami turned around to see Boa walking into the room. Boa looked at them and smiled. As Kami went to turn back around to face Tao and return to training she felt him place his hand on her head and push her into a bowing position. She turned her head to the side and was about to say something to him when he spoke up first.

“Hello Your Highness.”

“Hello. Don’t mind me, I just want to watch the training,” she said and walked over to where the pra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter